And for Law Enforcement? is it
Code:
			<UnitCombatFreeExperiences>
				<UnitCombatFreeExperience>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_LAW_ENFORCEMENT</UnitCombatType>
					<iExperience>1</iExperience>
				</UnitCombatFreeExperience>
			</UnitCombatFreeExperiences>

Looks like it. I always check in the XML\Units\CIV4UnitCombatInfos.XML file.

BtW did we ask you to do the Falconry School building?

Took me longer than I thought, but most of the code for all buildings up to the Falconry School is done now. A few questions:

1) What is the tag for "Enables training of Raptor units"?

2) And "buildable by Subdued Eagle..." is it a tag on the units?

3) Do you want the Breeding Programs in a seperate Folder to put it in the Subdued Animals Mod? Or should I just make them in my normal building file?

Took me longer than I thought, but most of the code for all buildings up to the Falconry School is done now. A few questions:

1) What is the tag for "Enables training of Raptor units"?

2) And "buildable by Subdued Eagle..." is it a tag on the units?

3) Do you want the Breeding Programs in a seperate Folder to put it in the Subdued Animals Mod? Or should I just make them in my normal building file?

1 & 2 are on the units.

1) we don't have any raptor units yet ;)

2) You could have a unit file in your folder that just contains the unit id and building tags for the building if you like eg
Code:
		<UnitInfo>
			<Class>UNITCLASS_SUBDUED_HAWK</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_SUBDUED_HAWK</Type>
			<AndDependencyTypes>
				<DependencyType>UNITCLASS_SUBDUED_HAWK</DependencyType>
			</AndDependencyTypes>
			<Buildings>
				<Building>
					<BuildingType>BUILDING_[B]XXXX[/B]</BuildingType>
					<bBuilding>1</bBuilding>
				</Building>
			</Buildings>
		</UnitInfo>
The AndDependencyTypes is a WoC tag and just stops an error occurring if the Subdue Animals mod was turned off.

Hawk, Eagle and Haast's Eagle should be able to build the Falconry School.

3) Same goes for the breeding programs.

I will also have to edit some of my stuff for this when it is in place.

Why do I need a Unit file? couldn't you just edit the animals in your folder? Or is it because it would cause errors when the subdued animal mod is turned off?
Maybe the Falconry School should be in the Subdued Animal Folder, too?

Why do I need a Unit file? couldn't you just edit the animals in your folder? Or is it because it would cause errors when the subdued animal mod is turned off?
Maybe the Falconry School should be in the Subdued Animal Folder, too?

To teach you the intricacies of WoC grasshopper:mischief: If you like you could put them all in a subfolder of SubdueAnimals (no MLF work needed) and I'll merge them in. I need to do some tidying up in that folder anyway. Perhaps I will after I add all those new animals Hydro wants.

Well ok, I think it's time to learn something new ;)
First - whats WoC? :crazyeye:
Is a unit Info file sufficient or do I need all of them like art defines, too? I guess Info would be enough...

WoC = World of Civilization mod. The main thing it introduced was the way we do modular XML. In particular how you can update and expand another modders stuff at the same time as they are working on it without getting in each others way. It also helps ensure that optional stuff only loads when anything it depends on is also loaded.

That bit of code I posted was almost exactly all you need. You need the top and tail of the unit file to define the schema. Other than that you need to replace the XXXX with the building you want built. The rest of the unit information is not needed as it will get that from the Subdued Animals mod.

Aha! :) I did this before in alternative timeline folders when I wanted an alternative timelime building to replace a normal building :goodjob:

Or even when I wanted a building to have "+ 1 :health: with Despotism Civic."

a culture wonder themed Illiad and Odysey
perhaps available once you get Trojan or Greek/Spartan wonders.
also
Aeneidas for Roman wonder.

My plan is like with BNW, but with 5 different types of Great Artists

Seems good to me. I personally liked the theming bonus incentives to create one big culture city in BNW.

What are you planning on doing for the interface for this?

Top Bottom