New Civ: Switzerland

Not yet, but I wouldn't mind making one. Any suggestions?

Robo Magic Man said:
Not yet, but I wouldn't mind making one. Any suggestions?

hmmm really difficult, The swiss Army has e special system regarding his modern Units.
There are no special Units as the GI's but every man of the age 18 or older is part of the Army. AND has his own Gun at the house beeing able to mobilise the whole Army within a Day. This is a System wich survived and originally was thoght to avoid unprepared Atacks.

It was most effective against Hitler's Blitzkrieg where it suited 100% ! (in theory, as everyone knows Hitler never Atacked Switzerland)

Hi, I'm new here although I play Civ since I got a computer... 10 years ago !

I did not try a lot of mods, but I'll let you guess why I spotted this particular one ;) .

I'm glad someone took care of the job to add the most missing nation of the game. To make a little contribution to your work, I translated as well as I could some of the texts (not a copy-past from wikipedia, a real translation with probably some errors). If you're interested and there is more to do, just ask and I'll see what I can do. It's only the french translation, I don't trust myself enough to do the german and italian work (and other will certainly be pleased to help, too).

So, for CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_CivLeaders.xml :
Switzerland said:
La Suisse ou Confédération Helvétique (Latin : Confoederatio Helvetica, Allemand Schweiz, Italien Svizzera) est un pays situé au centre de l'Europe, dans le massif des Alpes, qui possède une économie forte dans les domaines de la finance et de la banque. La Suisse possède des frontières communes avec l'Allemagne, la France, l'Italie, l'Autriche et le Liechtenstein. La Suisse est une fédération ayant une longue et forte tradition de neutralité tant politique que militaire. Ces éléments permettent à la Suisse de participer à de nombreuses organisations et coopérations internationales.[PARAGRAPH:2]Le nom latin officiel du pays et Confoederation Helvetica. L'utilisation de cette langue permet d'éviter de favoriser l'une des quatre langues officielles. Ainsi, c'est l'abréviation (CH) qui est utilisée. Le titre latin Confoederation Helvetica sinifie Confédération Helvétique. S'il se traduit de cette manière en français, italien et romanche, le terme allemand Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft se traduit approximativement par "coopérative suisse liée par serment".
Dufour said:
[

Guillaume Henri Dufour [\H1][NEWLINE][NEWLINE][BOLD]Dates: [\BOLD] 1787 - 1875[NEWLINE][PARAGRAPH:2][BOLD]Biographie:[\BOLD][NEWLINE] Guillaume-Henri Dufour était un général et topographe Suisse. Il servit sous Napoléon Ier et mena les troupes fédérales à la victoire face à l'armée du Sonderbund. Il présida la première convention de Genève lors de laquelle fut créée la Croix-Rouge internationale. Il fut aussi le plus illustre présidient de l'Office fédéral de la topographie de 1838 to 1865.

And hellebardier translates to "hallebardier" but I don't know where it gets changed.

Now for some problems I get with the mod (took the one on the first page). While loading the game (last patch, no problem without mod) I get the following errors :
TECH_COMMUNISM in Units/CIV4UnitInfo.xml
BUILDINGCLASS_FORBIDDEN_PALACE in Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
BUILDINGCLASS_THREEGORGESDAM in Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

and as I launc a game, another error comes a few times :
Tag: LEADER_CHINESE_LEADER in Infoclass, file GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfo
(sorry, forgot the real error messages).

And I get funny colors for some buttons. Know what the problem is ? Someone else gets it ?

Not bad Belag , you'r from switzerland itself? the fench part I guess ;) hmmm I got graphical error's to but I guess this was a problem of my graphic card... otherwise it woks great here... hope Robo can help you solve this problem!

Baleg said:
Hi, I'm new here although I play Civ since I got a computer... 10 years ago !

I did not try a lot of mods, but I'll let you guess why I spotted this particular one ;) .

I'm glad someone took care of the job to add the most missing nation of the game. To make a little contribution to your work, I translated as well as I could some of the texts (not a copy-past from wikipedia, a real translation with probably some errors). If you're interested and there is more to do, just ask and I'll see what I can do. It's only the french translation, I don't trust myself enough to do the german and italian work (and other will certainly be pleased to help, too).

So, for CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_CivLeaders.xml :

And hellebardier translates to "hallebardier" but I don't know where it gets changed.

Now for some problems I get with the mod (took the one on the first page). While loading the game (last patch, no problem without mod) I get the following errors :
TECH_COMMUNISM in Units/CIV4UnitInfo.xml
BUILDINGCLASS_FORBIDDEN_PALACE in Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
BUILDINGCLASS_THREEGORGESDAM in Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

and as I launc a game, another error comes a few times :
Tag: LEADER_CHINESE_LEADER in Infoclass, file GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfo
(sorry, forgot the real error messages).

And I get funny colors for some buttons. Know what the problem is ? Someone else gets it ?

I got the same thing...I'm assuming it's because there was new content added related to China in the 1.61 patch that is missing in the Switzerland mod files.

Here's what I did (roughly) to get it to (mostly) work:

Install patch 1.61 and copy all the XML files from your main game folder that are included in the Switzerland mod into some other temporary folder of your choosing. Then, using a text editor, copy the bottom 'Switzerland' section from the Switzerland mod version of the XML files and paste them into the bottom of your newly copied 1.61 version of the XML files. *You must have at least a rudimentary understanding of XML to do this!* ... for example, when I say copy the 'Switzerland section into the bottom', make sure you copy only the Switzerland section - not the ending tags of the overall structure - and copy into the 1.61 structure in the right location (just before the closing tags) ...sorry, I'm writing this from memory so I can't be more specific right now. Just wanted to give a few tips quickly on this.

Besides, this is only a partial fix: I think there's missing images in the dds files as well but I have a workaround that works for me. By playing a custom game WITHOUT China, I can play with the Switzerland mod on patch 1.61 after doing the XML fixes. Playing a game with China as an AI competitor, the Switzerland mod and the XML fixes alone causes crashes for me.

If I feel industrious enough, I might download the latest 1.61 SDK and create a 1.61 compatible Switzerland mod.

I'm an American in real life, but I love Switzerland's history and the whole idea of an impregnable mountain nation that can pretty much do as it pleases in Civ 4!

I've played several games now with the mod and a World builder modified starting area surrounded by impassable mountains... I'm currently in the midst of total conquest of the entire world (every last unit to be killed) ... I'm playing on Noble and as far as I can tell, my Swiss Empire has gotten every Wonder and is at least 200 years ahead in technology of my nearest rival. The nations were all warring against each other and had roughly equal strength in the beginning which gave me a big advantage. Great fun!!

I'm going to go ahead and try this (unfair but fun) Swiss mountain fortress deal on Deity next... buwahahahahaha!

Robo Magic Man said:
SWITZERLAND

-Leaderhead: Guillaume Henri Dufour
Favorite Civic: Universal Suffrage
Traits: Industrious, Organized
-Unique Unit: Hellebardier/Swiss Mercenary (Pikeman)
-Flag: Modern Swiss Flag
-Color: Red

Bearing in mind that Dufour died in 1875, and women didn't get the vote in Switzerland until the 1970s, is Universal Suffrage really such a good idea for the favourite civic?

Hello, I was looking to DL this Civ, but unfortunately the link does not seem to work any more, anyone direct me to another link.
Note that I do not have Warlords.

Not you.

If you want the Switzerland civilization you can download the Switzerland Mod online (a search will find it) and this contains the Civ. You then have to manually modify the files so that you do not get the China errors any more.

Now all I need to do is find a way to randomly have the units reply in french or german.

Hi!
I'm working on mod about Europe in 1700, but I really don't know who can be leader of Switzerland in this year. I suppose Switz hadn't any federal rule. Mayby leader of the most powerful canton will be good ? Please help me :).

(Sorry for offtopic, but I didn't wont to start new topic)

Does anyone has any interest in upgrade this to a BTS version with a Unique Building? Proposition:

Tarifverbund/Nahverkehrsnetz/Postnetz
(something to simulate the high standard of public transportation in Switzerland. No country in the world has that big a national transportation "net" like CH, and it is used quite often by many Swiss. Besides the modernity of the system, we find also in its history the build-up of many lines to all those mountainous villages/resorts etc. . It really is something unique to Switzerland which is not again related to Banks, Chocolate or Cheese ;)).

replaces Public Transport
adds 1 :commerce: to every town or village in the city radius
+ 1 :health:
+ 3 :health: from coal, oil
150 :hammers:

To weak or to strong?

Is there an update now for bts?? i really want to play it but i cant download it..

replaces Public Transport
adds 1 :commerce: to every town or village in the city radius
+ 1 :health:
+ 3 :health: from coal, oil
150 :hammers:
I like it, though I don't know if the +1 :commerce: can be done via XML.

Is there an update now for bts?? i really want to play it but i cant download it..
The Diversica mod has Switzerland, though it still lacks a UB.

Top Bottom