New Civilization -- Texas, California, Deseret, CSA

clanky4

Emperor

Download:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=24592

This modmod of RFC Dawn of Civilization adds Texas, California, Deseret, and the CSA as full and largely playable civilizations without removing of any of the other civilizations from the game. It also adds Mormonism as a largely functional religion.

Spoiler :

Texas:
Spawn date: 1835
Capital: Horston Houston

UHV
-Control two cities in the region of Texas in 1846AD
-Build 3 Ranches by 1860AD
-Secure 2 cow and 2 oil resources by 1901AD

UP:
Power of The Alamo
+25% unit strength in own boarders

UU: Ranger *+25% desert strength
UB: Ranch *+Happiness from horse/cows
Flag: Texas state flag
Leaders: Austin

Spoiler :

California:
Spawn date: 1846
Capital: Los Angelos

UHV
-Secure 1 gold resource by 1860
-Build Hollywood by 1912AD
-Have at least the 6th highest score by 1950AD

UP:
Power of The Golden State
Improvement that yield food give 2 extra food

UU: Furry Tractor *+2 base stregnth
UB: Movie Theater *+Happiness from movie/musicals
Flag: California state flag
Leaders: Arnold

Spoiler :

Deseret:
Spawn date: 1850
Capital: Salt Lake City

UHV
-Found Mormonism
-Control 2 cities in the Great Basin and 1 city in southern california in 1870AD
-Spread Mormonism to 10% of the world's population

UP:
Power of Mormonism
unlimited missionaries/missionaries can enter foreign territory

UU: Nauvo Legion*+hill promotions
UB: Deseret Chapel*+additional culture/founds mormonism
Flag: Olde Utah Flag
Leaders: Brighma Young

Spoiler :

CSA:
Spawn date: 1860
Capital: Charleston/Jacksonville

UHV
-CSecure 4 cotton resources by 1890AD
-Control 2 cities in New England(Washington DC, New York, Boston) by 1900AD
-Get 3000 gold through selling resources by 1955AD

UP:
Power of King Cotton
Resources worth double in trade

UU: Sharpshooter*+50% vs gunpowder units/lower base strength
UB: Cotton Exchange*+double foreign trade route income
Flag: Confederate Battle flag
Leaders: Davis

This is technically a standalone mod. It was built on v1.13. To play: download the RAR file, and unzip it into your Beyond the Swords\Mods folder. Then start it by selecting "Play a Mod" from the main menu of BtS.

You're the one from the pony fandom.

Ah, that's a relief! :lol:

The file you have selected (RFC_DoC_Texas.7z) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. To access more download mirrors we encourage you to join the community, otherwise please be patient and keep trying.

When I enter the download web, this information appears. Could you upload it to sourceforge? Thx

Ok, this was fun :D Robert E. Lee was born in New York, as my Confederacy was fighting Yankees. We got Eisenhower instead. When I have secured 2nd UHv I immediately sued for peace. Lincoln was brief: "Drop dead".

How do you actually found Mormonism? Pedia has no hints, unlike in the case of all the other religions.

The capital of California is Sacramento though.

I believe the plot for Sacramento in the CityNameMangaer.py file is located in a peak tile. I could move California's start location to San Francisco though. It'd be much closer. Which would be at: (11,48)

Ok, this was fun :D Robert E. Lee was born in New York, as my Confederacy was fighting Yankees. We got Eisenhower instead. When I have secured 2nd UHv I immediately sued for peace. Lincoln was brief: "Drop dead".

How do you actually found Mormonism? Pedia has no hints, unlike in the case of all the other religions.

I got Ulysses S. Grant, and shortly there after lost the war.

Mormonism is founded when the Deseret civ builds its Unique Building "Deseret Chapel" a replacement for the theater; which I have yet to see the AI do.

In 1846 Mexican California was ruled by Governor Pio Pico with his capital in The Town of Our Lady the Queen of Angels of the Porciúncula River, now known as Los Angeles.

This is technically a standalone mod. It was built on v1.13. To play: download the RAR file, and unzip it into your Beyond the Swords\Mods folder. Then start it by selecting "Play a Mod" from the main menu of BtS.

Can you please update Python files with this v 1.3 patch.

I am getting conflicting information here.

Alright, looks like it only needs 2 files to be "merged".

Official settlements in Alta California were of three types: presidio (military), mission (religious) and pueblo (civil). The Pueblo de los Ángeles (1781) was the second pueblo (town) created during the Spanish colonization of California (the first was San Jose, in 1777).

Given the future glory of LA and humorous nature of this civ -- I think this much history is enough to make Los Angeles the true center and birthplace of California, which also reflects the Spanish heritage.

By the way, Leoreth came out with a new patch.

Could you make a version with just the CSA spawning?

I think somewhere in riseandfall.py there is a constant representing the birth date. Changing it to, say, 2020, should do the trick.

Top Bottom