1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New DLCs incoming (Gamespot article)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Falk, Oct 15, 2013.

1. El Caballerion

El Caballerion King

I really don't like the ones where the borders become cut off by the rectangular map. I will never play on East Asia, for instance, simply because the people on the upper left of the map will be well-protected against those in, let's say, modern day central China.

I do like the maps that are islands (like Japan or GB), but don't we already have a DLC map of Japan?

2. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Neither do I. Does anyone know which of the new maps wrap around and which ones don't? That'll be the deciding factor of whether or not I buy it.

3. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    Started a game on the new Earth map! I for one don't feel slighted at all by the $5 map DLC offering! I mean so what there are maps all over the workshop, these are Firaxis map scripts, and we're supporting Firaxis with the purchases! Not that many here are talking bad about the DLC (looking at the article commenters). Just had to throw my 2 cents in!

But I will try to post some screens of the other map types (pretty sure everyone knows what an earth map would look like :))

4. David McMurdo

David McMurdo Chieftain

Do Firaxis make their sales figures publicly known? I'd like to see how well these sell. Will give a good indication of if there's a chance of a new expansion any time.

5. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

Yay, I found this before it was on it's twentieth page!

Edit: Never mind, just map scripts...

6. Matthew.

Matthew. Deity

I'm not sure, but I believe it was commented that they went with G&K and BNW as full expansions, because the DLC's were rather underwhelming for a lot of folk (which seems to hint at sales not being spectacular).

7. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Sounds interesting. Any change they'll sell both packs for $7.50? Ideally, I'd prefer $5 for all, but I'd be ok with the compromise ($10 for all is a bit steep).

8. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Meh.

I'd be more disappointed if the Fall Patch wasn't so good. :D

9. justaquestion

justaquestion Chieftain

seems too pricey for me. i will wait for a sale

10. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

I started a game as Indonesia, with the new scrambled south east Asia, thought that the square cropping of the map would not interfere with the immersion since o would be living on the islands...

first try, i start no where near any ocean - reloads - starts near river explores with warrior finds coast, settles, finds a narrow neck of land to the south - ah i have settled in Burma.

I explore further south, neck of land ends in mystical foggy wall and I realize that my capital is placed in small cropped and therefore isolated Indian ocean and without any trade prospect, so I rage quit!

11. Scirocco16V

Scirocco16V Warlord

The North America standard sized map does not wrap west to east. There are corners. I'm disappointed, but still enjoying my game a lot so far.

12. McSaucy4418

McSaucy4418 Chieftain

Also known as one of the best AoE2 maps.

13. seasnake

seasnake Conquistador

Yeah, no interest. New civilizations add a LOT to this game, now map packs not so much.

14. tmt393

tmt393 Chieftain

Does anyone know if there's any possibility of new civs being released for DLC?

15. PrimoXanthous

PrimoXanthous ~ knightmare13 ~

could you please show some SS on this SEA map? :)

16. jddods

jddods Prince

Will some day before civ 6. No rush.
    DLC civ or senario gets my $ on release day if not before.
    Maps meh

17. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Spoiler :

A screenshot of the Middle East map. The sizes for it range from Duel to Large.

18. Strategist83

Strategist83 King

It's always nic€ wh€n your gam€ g€ts turn€d into a big adv€rtisem€nt post€r. You should buy XCOM as well, today!

19. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Seriously? You're getting upset over this?
    They're announcing that the game which you bought, and continue to play, has new, optional, content available. They're not forcing you to click it, and it hurts you in absolutely no way for that slot to be there. Firaxis would be stupid NOT to announce it.

20. Haig

Haig Deity

Tried few starts with the new Small Continents map, played a turn and retired to see the map.

A damn fine script, just what I've been looking for. Continents, island chains, smaller continents.. looks good. And now that AI Indonesia will try to colonize islands, might work for them well. :)

The new Oceania script seems cool too, gotta try it next.