New DLCs incoming (Gamespot article)

I really don't like the ones where the borders become cut off by the rectangular map. I will never play on East Asia, for instance, simply because the people on the upper left of the map will be well-protected against those in, let's say, modern day central China.

I do like the maps that are islands (like Japan or GB), but don't we already have a DLC map of Japan?

I really don't like the ones where the borders become cut off by the rectangular map. I will never play on East Asia, for instance, simply because the people on the upper left of the map will be well-protected against those in, let's say, modern day central China.

I do like the maps that are islands (like Japan or GB), but don't we already have a DLC map of Japan?

Neither do I. Does anyone know which of the new maps wrap around and which ones don't? That'll be the deciding factor of whether or not I buy it.

Started a game on the new Earth map! I for one don't feel slighted at all by the $5 map DLC offering! I mean so what there are maps all over the workshop, these are Firaxis map scripts, and we're supporting Firaxis with the purchases! Not that many here are talking bad about the DLC (looking at the article commenters). Just had to throw my 2 cents in!

But I will try to post some screens of the other map types (pretty sure everyone knows what an earth map would look like :))

Do Firaxis make their sales figures publicly known? I'd like to see how well these sell. Will give a good indication of if there's a chance of a new expansion any time.

Yay, I found this before it was on it's twentieth page!

Edit: Never mind, just map scripts...

Do Firaxis make their sales figures publicly known? I'd like to see how well these sell. Will give a good indication of if there's a chance of a new expansion any time.

I'm not sure, but I believe it was commented that they went with G&K and BNW as full expansions, because the DLC's were rather underwhelming for a lot of folk (which seems to hint at sales not being spectacular).

Sounds interesting. Any change they'll sell both packs for $7.50? Ideally, I'd prefer $5 for all, but I'd be ok with the compromise ($10 for all is a bit steep).

I started a game as Indonesia, with the new scrambled south east Asia, thought that the square cropping of the map would not interfere with the immersion since o would be living on the islands...

first try, i start no where near any ocean - reloads - starts near river explores with warrior finds coast, settles, finds a narrow neck of land to the south - ah i have settled in Burma.

I explore further south, neck of land ends in mystical foggy wall and I realize that my capital is placed in small cropped and therefore isolated Indian ocean and without any trade prospect, so I rage quit!

Will some day before civ 6. No rush.
DLC civ or senario gets my $ on release day if not before.
Maps meh

Spoiler :

A screenshot of the Middle East map. The sizes for it range from Duel to Large.

Seriously? You're getting upset over this?
They're announcing that the game which you bought, and continue to play, has new, optional, content available. They're not forcing you to click it, and it hurts you in absolutely no way for that slot to be there. Firaxis would be stupid NOT to announce it.

Tried few starts with the new Small Continents map, played a turn and retired to see the map.

A damn fine script, just what I've been looking for. Continents, island chains, smaller continents.. looks good. And now that AI Indonesia will try to colonize islands, might work for them well. :)

The new Oceania script seems cool too, gotta try it next.

Top Bottom