New Natural Wonders

I don't mind really if they add some historically-relate legend wonder stuff.

But I'm still waiting "My little pony paradise castle wonder" and "Flutter pony's mystical garden wonder" to be add though. Keep it up Firaxis!!! :goodjob:

You sound somewhat like Catherine :D

I love the new natural wonders, although could be made more realistic by making them even rarer.

Case in point, can someone show me a pic of the fountain of youth model ingame? I still haven't found it.

Right so for the time being, gather a group of people together and have everyone make the same changes for your MP games.

Then petition Firaxis to make it a game option you can choose at the setup screen.

No it's not ideal, but it's not impossible to overcome the issue either.

The point is: if they (firaxis team) have made FoY and El Dorado, nothing could stop them to make others in the future, and we can't switch off every stupid feature they put in, because they are ******ed children...

So the problem is: why they use half brain patching the game? :confused:

Well El Dorado's 500G buff is nice, finding Cerro early and getting a market is 13GPT or roughly 3 research agreements and a settler in 100 turns.

Yeah, but unlike El Dorado, Cerro requires a 100 turns and requires you to work a tile (1 population) for all those turns. Meanwhile the tile provides no food or production. Cerro is strong, but it's not overpowered. I have nothing against one or two strong NW to fight over, and Cerro is the type of strong that the other two should have been.

I love the new natural wonders, although could be made more realistic by making them even rarer.

Making them rare is kinda pointless.

First, they're content that only shows up 1 in 20 games. Why even bother adding content then if the majority of the time you play you won't even experience that.

Second, being rare does nothing to stem them from being overpowered. 19 out of 20 games you can just ignore them and pretend they don't exist, 1 out of 20 games it shows up, gives someone a huge advantage that really isn't fun for everyone else, and you have to restart.

I don't really care about the fantasy element at this point, just nerf them and then actually allow them in the occasional game.

Why even bother adding content then if the majority of the time you play you won't even experience that.

for fun? And when you do stumble across something really rare, it's cool.

Case in point, can someone show me a pic of the fountain of youth model ingame? I still haven't found it.

Sure...

Man -- You gotta learn how to use DebugPanel, become lucky and hit printscreen button only 3 times! :D

Animations & Effects are also great, btw.

Attachments

• 3NW_CdP-FoY-ElD.png
    3NW_CdP-FoY-ElD.png
    454.9 KB · Views: 188
I just played a game where the FOY was in AI territory, and observed a second game where Persia's borders were two tiles away, yet Darius had yet to claim it, after 1000 AD. How unlikely is it that he hadn't explored those tiles?

I think the FOY's happiness factor is much more OP for the human, especially on higher levels. The AI is already happy, and the GA contribution isn't that big.

I just played a game where the FOY was in AI territory, and observed a second game where Persia's borders were two tiles away, yet Darius had yet to claim it, after 1000 AD. How unlikely is it that he hadn't explored those tiles?

I think the FOY's happiness factor is much more OP for the human, especially on higher levels. The AI is already happy, and the GA contribution isn't that big.

Yeah, I think the AI doesn't really care about the FoY happiness and they don't really know how to use the promotion function (a human player would manually move all his units next to the FoY at least once to give the promotion to his entire army, the AI would never do this).

Overpowered or not, implementing things the AI doesn't even know how to use is always a bad idea.

Potosi was a nice touch that I wasn't expecting, but the other two are silly. I'm not playing National Treasure Civ am I? This is exactly what Ensamble did with AoE III and look where they are now....
FYI AOE III was largely successful. The reason for the end of Ensemble Studios was something else.

Aren't these new natural wonders kind of OP ? Are they going to improve the rest of the Natural Wonders to become as useful as like Fountain of Youth ?

is it normal to get incorrect yelds from their tiles? fuji gives just 1 gold and nothing more, the old faithul just 2 science. Even the civilopedia is wrong...

Certain effects are granted simply for being within your borders (such as the happiness, possibly culture on one of them too), while all the rest require working the tile.

I know exactly what's gonna solve the FoY overpowering controversy once & for all;

-- Haven't eard anyone complain about Japan's Bushido UA!

Then, why should this NW healing power be any different given how lucky any civs that uses it should get with their own units.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

I know exactly what's gonna solve the FoY overpowering controversy once & for all;

Then, why should this NW healing power be any different given how lucky any civs that uses it should get with their own units.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

You're wrong.

First, Japan's units have no special healing power.

More to the point, the FOY is the equivalent of a second SA (and a better one than many). If Bushido incorporated the FOY's healing powers, you would hear complaints. If Greece started with the FOY, you would hear even more complaints.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Bushido is a UA that is meant to help balance that single civ with the rest. It is actually a UA that the AI tends to use pretty effectively because it is automatic, and it rushes units to their doom anyway.

FoY on the otherhand is not used effectively at all by civs that control it. I have had 2 games with it thus far. In both, the AI held it at one point. In neither instance did it try to give its troops the bonus. It does not understand how to effectively use it. Humans, however, can very effectively use it. Therein is the issue I have with the FoY. Both the happy bonus and unit promotion are either unneeded by the AI or utterly unused by it, making it wildly imbalanced in the player's favor in any game it appears.

Like everybody else. I hate these new wonders. For all of the above reasons. Three steps forward ... one tiny step backwards.

Top Bottom