New Official Version - October 7th (10-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.As a Chinese ,I use a simplified Chinese version of the game(by a patch) and the policy tree will have a problem:the text is different from the English version .How can I do that?
I think you have to switch the game language to English (you can do it in the Steam app). VP is not translated to Chinese. Your English seems to be good, so you should be fine :)

It's second version in a row thrown to quarantine during installment by AV (avast). I checked 8-23 and it is clean without reports. @Gazebo, can you try to upload somewhere else .exe file (Google drive, Dropbox)? Maybe it is something related to Mega.nz infecting your files? Virus Total shows some warnings too. Can you scan there your base file on your computer and then file downloaded from mega.nz?

Antivir does not let me install it, names of files and folders change to some random strings, and later on I get notification that Malware Rep was trying to run, but was moved to quarantine.

Here is the link from scanning. It looks like it tries to access some registers, ip adressess etc.

Last edited:
It's second version in a row thrown to quarantine during installment by AV (avast). I checked 8-23 and it is clean without reports. @Gazebo, can you try to upload somewhere else .exe file (Google drive, Dropbox)? Maybe it is something related to Mega.nz infecting your files? Virus Total shows some warnings too. Can you scan there your base file on your computer and then file downloaded from mega.nz?

Antivir does not let me install it, names of files and folders change to some random strings, and later on I get notification that Malware Rep was trying to run, but was moved to quarantine.

Here is the link from scanning.

Just had the same malware detection on VirusTotal (was preparing a screen capture just below, but adan_eslavo beat me to it). Made a scan with Malwarebytes and nothing was detected. Had to desactivate avast a few minutes in order to execute (10-7-2).exe (if I didn't, the program simply disappeared), and a avast scan on the program also provoked a malware detection.

P.S. : Did a scan of the resulting VP mod files after executing the program, and no malware was found.

Spoiler VirusTotal malware detection for (10-7-2) :

VirusTotal malware detection.png

Last edited:

Here is the link from scanning. It looks like it tries to access some registers, ip adressess etc.

Yeah, this is exactly why I'm not just shrugging my shoulders thus installing, since this warning has NEVER ever happened before to me.

Last edited:
If Gazebo has original file he can just compare hash... i dont think that mega will infect something. Imho - false positive.

Last edited:
Threat for trojan here as well on 10-7-2. Specifically telling me threat found (using windows defender with newest update).

Seems like CTD issue's still not solved. Had a crash with Gandhi at 137turn, with Emperor/Standard speed & size, during Ottoman AI's turn.
MODs I used were RED Modpack, quick turn, faster plane animation, and 10-7-2 that I downloaded today. Haven't modified any lua or XML bmo.
I wonder if I'm the only one who still has this problem...

+ No sign of Trojan for me when I downloaded it.

Or, if you are worried, you can install VP the manual way without running the autoinstaller exe (and then scan the VP files to be 100% sure).
If you mean .zip file, I downloaded it too and scanned with the same result.

Hi. Does anyone know the use of these parameters well? I would like to modify them to reduce the distance between civilizations that lag far behind with the discovery of technologies:

CoreDefines.sql
- Science
UPDATE Defines SET Value = '0' WHERE Name = 'SCIENCE_PER_POPULATION';
UPDATE Defines SET Value = '10' WHERE Name = 'TECH_COST_TOTAL_KNOWN_TEAM_MODIFIER';

On the other hand there is a mod that does it but I don't know how compatible it will be with VP. Your SQL/DLL says:
INSERT INTO Defines
(Name, Value)
VALUES
('TECH_COST_TOTAL_KNOWN_TEAM_EXPONENT', 150);
UPDATE Defines
Set Value = 30
WHERE Name = 'TECH_COST_TOTAL_KNOWN_TEAM_MODIFIER';

Last edited:
Did something about CS tribute yields got modified?
I'm getting very low yields at industrial era (250 science on 100% tribute value, 350 production, 300 culture -not counting the tribute policy-)

I get late game crashes with just Community Patch (no VP and no other mods). Generally about 10-12 turns before I (or someone else) would win, I just get a poof to desktop. Kinda frustrating after playing 400+ turns lol.

Adjusted CS bullying model for 'heavy tribute' to mirror gold scaling - no longer dependent on city yields, should be easier to standardize and balance.

Did something about CS tribute yields got modified?
I'm getting very low yields at industrial era (250 science on 100% tribute value, 350 production, 300 culture -not counting the tribute policy-)

I may have skipped that when reading the patch notes, It's a bit vague tbh and i'm not sure if the yields being this low is intended or an over ocrrection ...... I mean if i'm sacrificing my shot at alliance or even friendship with a CS which requires little effort for tribute yields i think it should be at least a bit relevant as the game goes further because if the change is working as intended, tributes are optimally only used in the early game and it's just better to go for CS friendship instead.

Epona right now is science, culture, and gold, not science, culture, and food.

I assume that it should actually be science, culture, and food as depicted in the patch notes.

Delete units button does not seem to be working now, anyone else experiencing this aswell or it's just my game doing funny things?
Also the governor still likes to starve my cities and make them lose population.
Spoiler Food, please? :
CivilizationV_DX11 2020-10-10 17-16-21-277.jpg

@Gazebo Regarding the mega download throwing anti-virus warnings, is there a reason why the releases (exe and zips) are not just hosted on github? Seems like the simplest place to put them + patchnotes with the greatest download longevity.

If Gazebo has original file he can just compare hash... i dont think that mega will infect something. Imho - false positive.

I'm not overly concerned either, but I think a hash being available is a good idea. I know more than one person who has been infected with ransomware/trojans by packaged game mods (specifically Minecraft exe installers). Best to just give people certainty the downloaded files are the same as the uploaded.

FWIW Avast doesn't like it but Malwarebytes doesn't seem to think it's bad. I've been meaning to replace Avast as it's kind of trash these days so I'd believe MWB. This also isn't the first version Avast has been angry at and nothing has happened to me in the months since I first told Avast to shove it.

Delete units button does not seem to be working now, anyone else experiencing this aswell or it's just my game doing funny things?
Also the governor still likes to starve my cities and make them lose population.
Spoiler Food, please? :
The governor is telling you to research Trapping ASAP for deer reveal so they can work on those tiles. Seriously though, this bug just refuses to be slain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom