Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried this new patch out, Emperor is weirdly on a scale between really hard and relatively easy.
That's not new.
I use to play warmonger and since a while, at Immortal, I am 'warmongered' instead!
My last game with 7-1-3 was at Emperor. I ended Domination Victorious with ~10 insanely experienced GDR when no one got a singleTank. Fortunetly, original Germany wasn't there (...)...

So @Recursive , was it decided that this was intended behavior or has it just not been fixed yet?

Spoiler :

I know this specific instance puts my expansion relatively close to his capital, but:

• It's literally on my borders. I physically could not settle it any closer to my capital.
  • This is just the example I thought to screenshot. I've had plenty of times where an expansion on my borders or one tile away was plenty far away from an AI who proceeded to warn me off anyway.

So @Recursive , was it decided that this was intended behavior or has it just not been fixed yet?

Spoiler :

I know this specific instance puts my expansion relatively close to his capital, but:

• It's literally on my borders. I physically could not settle it any closer to my capital.
  • This is just the example I thought to screenshot. I've had plenty of times where an expansion on my borders or one tile away was plenty far away from an AI who proceeded to warn me off anyway.
Happens often if they are your neighbor, I think this is maybe intended because they want to kill you off? I don't know

Spoiler :

His opinion on your new city is completely irrational and aggressive. Plenty of real leaders are like this. I like it.

Let me know how it goes!

So I reloaded 4 turns back from the CTD turn (292). I hurried through my production queues because I was more interested in seeing if the CTD would happen. I made it to turn 294 without getting a CTD.

I reloaded to the same spot as before (288) so I could make purposeful choices instead of the semi-random ones in the test. This time I got the same CTD at turn 292.

Things I can rule out as the cause
- the airbases, as they were already built by turn 288

Things that I can't rule out
- ban luxury (truffles); Pioneers

the lone time I didn't get the CTD at 292 was when I made a different proposal and I didn't build pioneers in any of my queues. I didn't reload to try the two individually, as I decided to just start a new game.

I've seen a lot of captured missionaries of religions different from the capturing civ wandering around; is there any reason the AI should be keeping "heathen" missionaries like that?

I've seen a lot of captured missionaries of religions different from the capturing civ wandering around; is there any reason the AI should be keeping "heathen" missionaries like that?
Since they are heathen and at the bottom of the scale, they keep them like zoo animals to show what a failed human being it is and what you should not learn from
But seriously speaking...
I don't know, They aren't programmed to delete them I suppose?

It's unintended behavior, but it's worth noting that units which are in danger of taking damage/being captured cannot be deleted unless they're in a city. I suggest making a bug report on Github.

Great work for the 1.0 version! Thanks to everyone involved!

Is this the right place to ask for a modpack? I will gladly play LAN multiplayer with my wife with Vox Populi. I have the 1.0.1 43-civ (with EUI) installed.

Great work for the 1.0 version! Thanks to everyone involved!

Is this the right place to ask for a modpack? I will gladly play LAN multiplayer with my wife with Vox Populi. I have the 1.0.1 43-civ (with EUI) installed.
Theres another thread on this forum with an updated modpack. I found it less stable in regards to resyncs and network stability. Hopefully with lan there will be less issues.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...lity-crash-fixes-dedicated-server-fix.663567/

Probably not important, but why do observatories "unlock" at an early renaissance tech if they still require an Industrial Era policy anyway?

1.0.2 Posted, see main link for new version.
  • Fix for persistent CTD in some situations
  • Spy system adjustments and fixes for edge-case scenarios (including AI units getting stuck in a loop)
  • Fix for some unit disbanding logic
  • Tactical AI tweaks
  • Diplo AI tweaks
  • Text fixes
Edit: Something's up with a virtual DLL change I made, for now, revert to 1.0.1.

G

Last edited:
Save game compatible.

I'm not certain that InkAxis's fix for Indonesia's monopoly bonus is savegame compatible. Or pdan's database changes. Did you test it?

I'm not certain that InkAxis's fix for Indonesia's monopoly bonus is savegame compatible. Or pdan's database changes. Did you test it?

I was just coming to say that I'm getting a CTD when trying to load my game after updating. I'll go back to 1.0.1 with the ilteroi fix for now

Edit - getting a unit changing glitch now that I've gone back to the previous version. Using the 4UC mod, my Babylon "Sabum Kibitums" are showing the name and graphics for Siam's "Seir Morb" unit. The combat strength is the same as intended, and it still functions as a melee unit, but it also now uses seige promotions and drawbacks (moves at half-speed in enemy territory, no defensive terrain bonuses, may not melee attack and limited visibility). I just bought another Sabum Kibitum and it looks and has the normal promotions, so it's not a horrible bug. I'll just give the ones that changed to city states and build/buy more.

Edit 2 - when I gift them to a CS they function as real "Seir Morbs" and are now 2-3 eras more advanced than everything else in play

Last edited:
Updated to 1.0.2 and now I'm getting CTD. Did not have them with 1.0.0 or 1.0.1. Germany asks to be friends => clicking yes equals CTD, clicking no equals CTD.

(edit) Reverting to 1.0.1 again did not solve the problem. So no backwards compatibility. Now it just crashes on loading the game. With or without the DLL change that Recursive posted on the last page.
(edit) Reinstalling 1.0.2 again trying to declare war on Germany before they ask to be friends ...
(edit) Reinstalled 1.0.2 again, if I click "discuss" with Germany. CTD. If I click to declare war. CTD.

So game over ...

Last edited:
Updated to 1.0.2 and now I'm getting CTD. Did not have them with 1.0.0 or 1.0.1. Germany asks to be friends => clicking yes equals CTD, clicking no equals CTD.

(edit) Reverting to 1.0.1 again did not solve the problem. So no backwards compatibility. Now it just crashes on loading the game. With or without the DLL change that Recursive posted on the last page.
(edit) Reinstalling 1.0.2 again trying to declare war on Germany before they ask to be friends ...
(edit) Reinstalled 1.0.2 again, if I click "discuss" with Germany. CTD. If I click to declare war. CTD.

So game over ...
How about just delete every civ game and never play them again
Weird. I usually get CTD's but I'm not sure if it's because of this patch. Was gonna declare war on the Inca, bam, game CTD's..

Last edited:
@ridjack This means Missionaries. ;)

:goodjob:

I now have a new complaint to register, in the form of a one-act play:
Spoiler :

"We will soon slip the surly bonds of the Ea---"
"You are literally ten techs behind me, you have one 5 pop city left and you were focusing on tourism anyway. Please SHUT UP!" :mad::cringe:

Shortly after...

AI who is twenty techs behind:

"We will soon slip th---"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Serious version:

Needing to stare at the game and be ready to Esc out of these completely empty threats from literally every other AI, sometimes multiple times per AI(I think, I haven't actually tracked this) in the part of the game when the turns take longer anyway gets old fast, but I have to do it if I want the turns to continue. It'd be nice if this happened once per AI at most, and preferably only from AIs who are actually competing with me in a relevant way, not just those who want to be.

(To be honest, I personally wouldn't be upset if this interaction disappeared completely. I don't feel that it adds anything, especially for someone who has multiple thousands of hours clocked with the mod.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom