Status
Not open for further replies.
c5vox-100tooltipblanks.jpg

Things working fine so far. But all the event (and similar) tooltips have this blank line on top. Don't recall that being there previously. It looks kind of odd.

I got a couple of messages that said "unable to load textures", such as "DC45_DiplomacyOverview.dds", a couple others (me thinks UI textures?). And also red box in top right corner of my screen. Anyone knows whats happening?

Edit: found the answer. VP installer think my Civ 5 was installed on drive C, so it install UI folder in there. But my Civ 5 installation was in drive D.

Last edited:
Anybody else have had these weird things happen?

1. AI ends DoF and then asks for it again next turn. Happened twice with same AI (Poland).
2. AIs high in the scores suddenly becoming vassals.

Question and possible feedback depending on the answer:

Do the AIs sometimes declare pre-emptive wars when they see me on their borders?

I'm asking because:

• In my current game, I was building up my navy a couple tiles outside of Portugal's borders in anticipation of an upcoming proposal to sanction her that I was confident would pass, thus ending her way-too-many defensive pacts and allowing me to finally take her out of the running.
  • In response, I saw her building up her navy in front of mine. I wasn't concerned about this, since I was confident it wouldn't be enough to hold me off once she didn't have the pacts.
  • ...but then she declared on her own, thus ridding me of the pact concerns and letting me proceed to curbstomp her, which is still ongoing but entirely successful.
So my potential feedback would be that it was entirely to her detriment to declare on me instead of letting me trigger her DPs. I'm assuming that y'all haven't managed to make the AI so smart it can analyze the situation and realize that it was about to lose those DPs anyway, though with you guys it's not out of the question. :lol:

(Also the grammar in the message that came up was questionable. :mischief: It said something like, "It seems we are not on the same page perhaps a war then?")

EDIT: Also also, AIs with naval melee UUs favor building them way too highly over adding some ranged ships:
Spoiler :

I know she HAS access to frigates. I've seen a couple. But she just keeps bulking up behind that choke point with more melee. This isn't the only time I've noticed it, but since I'm currently playing with almost no gameplay modmods, it seemed like a good time to comment on it.

Last edited:
Anybody else have had these weird things happen?

1. AI ends DoF and then asks for it again next turn. Happened twice with same AI (Poland).
2. AIs high in the scores suddenly becoming vassals.

Yes to the first one. I had meant to report this, but it was a one-off so I just ignored it. The only vassals in my current game are mine, taken by war, so I haven't seen that one.

Is multiplayer been working? I haven't been around, but it was essentially broken with no hope before the pandemic. What changed?
Is working for me and my buddie. However after turn 100ish there begins to be increasing resync issues that im hoping gets better with this update.
But forget large maps and long games in mp.

This seems like an excessive number of catapults built by the AI. Once they were at war they did seem to build proper units though.

Spoiler Catapults for days :

Screenshot (17).png

Am getting an error "an error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory and its pointing to MODS/(1) community patch/Core Files / Corelua then some mp3 files if I skip there is alot of mp3's getting this error , I tried running as admin but didn't help , but I think this is related to MP workaround as I have few mods installed and and some mods turned to dlc using the MP workaround, any advice?

Edit : I tried usbscribing all mods and deleting the MODS folder but same problem , I use avast premium tried deactivating the core shields before installing just in case , same thing

also the config.ini values was changed during using MP workaround not sure if its related

Edit: I tried reinstalling the game , unsubscribing all mods , deleting MODS folder , moving the steam instillation to another partition , same issue same error so am clueless right now

Last edited:
When I send a spy into another civ's city, sometimes every event choice is grayed out and I can't progress the game except by giving up on the spying action and sending the spy back to hideout. Even the basic choices (e.g. steal gold) are grayed out with no reason given, while disrupt production says "event choice already active". This can happen as early as industrial. Is there any circumstance in the CBP right now where a lv1 spy has no valid actions in a neutral city and is forced to give up and go home?

Hello guys,
First of all, I apologize for my poor English.

Thank you so much for your amazing work through all those years, I've been playing VP for many years now and i've been enjoying the mod a lot.

I'm facing CTD with version 1.0.1 during city states turn. Everything was fine for about 100 turns untill China declared war and crash happens during CS turn.
Tried to reload a previous save, no crash for a few turns untill war is declared.

I've checked the Github page, those two guys seem to have quite the same problem as me :
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/8240
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/8241

Checked the comments below, seems a fix have been made :
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/commit/19a72e4dda535aa5a88672d03df1e0b3862cbfab

But the problem is I don't know what to do with that ? Seems like I need to modify game's DLL but this is far beyond my skills unfortunately.

Could someone please help ? Will a fix be uploaded soon ? Will it be savegame compatible ?

Thank you,
Regards.

Hello guys,
First of all, I apologize for my poor English.

Thank you so much for your amazing work through all those years, I've been playing VP for many years now and i've been enjoying the mod a lot.

I'm facing CTD with version 1.0.1 during city states turn. Everything was fine for about 100 turns untill China declared war and crash happens during CS turn.
Tried to reload a previous save, no crash for a few turns untill war is declared.

I've checked the Github page, those two guys seem to have quite the same problem as me :
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/8240
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/8241

Checked the comments below, seems a fix have been made :
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/commit/19a72e4dda535aa5a88672d03df1e0b3862cbfab

But the problem is I don't know what to do with that ? Seems like I need to modify game's DLL but this is far beyond my skills unfortunately.

Could someone please help ? Will a fix be uploaded soon ? Will it be savegame compatible ?

Thank you,
Regards.

That makes us two. I have that CTD and don't know what to do with that fix either.

At least I got to turn 303, and turn 306 when replaying from a save a few turns earlier. :crazyeye:

By the way, welcome to the forums. When you say you have played this for years, had me think of myself and my own history of playing this game for years. The other day I thought to myself that I'll probably play this for life. Sometimes I have many months (even up to one year) away from it, but Vox populi is such an amazing experience, so it always has me coming back for more eventually!

Last edited:
That makes us two. I have that CTD and don't know what to do with that fix either.

At least I got to turn 303, and turn 306 when replaying from a save a few turns earlier. :crazyeye:

By the way, welcome to the forums. When you say you have played this for years, had me think of myself and my own history of playing this game for years. The other day I thought to myself that I'll probably play this for life. Sometimes I have many months (even up to one year) away from it, but Vox populi is such an amazing experience, so it always has me coming back for more eventually!

Thanks mate.
Yup, I too remember the first time I played VP (2017 I think), it felt like a whole new experience, much more interesting to me than vanilla Civ 5.

Let's hope someone can do something about those CTDs. Would be much appreciated. =)

Am curious is it possible to update the steam version ? it would make life easier for noobs like me , I cant install the exe version for some reason , trying to reinstall the game right now maybe it would fix it, am new to the game to modding so there is just so much to learn :)

Am I supposed to be able to walk on Lake Victoria? I'll rename my scout Jesus.

EDIT: could it be a Inca thing that makes all impassable tiles passable?

Attachments

• 20210906121228_1.jpg
    20210906121228_1.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Edit: found the answer. VP installer think my Civ 5 was installed on drive C, so it install UI folder in there. But my Civ 5 installation was in drive D.

Is there a fix planned for this? It is very common that older games are installed on the non-ssd disk (usually D). Currently I always install patches to both C and D to make things work.
Also, currently I had no CTD on huge map in latest beta version, fingers crossed. Could someone look into the CTD issue mentioned here. I'm afraid installing this "stable" version now :)

The other patches are all literally from pdan's tweaks, so yeah
I thought the Mongolian UGGI (Unique Great General Improvement) replaced one of the U's (uniques,) but looks like it doesn't. Very nice.
Excited to try this out.
Edit: The EUI loading for civs is still in the square form. Any idea what could cause this? I just installed over VP so I don't think that could be a problem
Just gonna add in a quick pic: I literally can't explore beyond tundra

Attachments

• image_2021-09-06_183033.png
    image_2021-09-06_183033.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Is there a fix planned for this? It is very common that older games are installed on the non-ssd disk (usually D). Currently I always install patches to both C and D to make things work.
Also, currently I had no CTD on huge map in latest beta version, fingers crossed. Could someone look into the CTD issue mentioned here. I'm afraid installing this "stable" version now :)

the installer checks your registry for civ’s install location. It can’t know where you’ve moved stuff if your registry is wrong.

the installer checks your registry for civ’s install location. It can’t know where you’ve moved stuff if your registry is wrong.
Have never moved mods folder, I guess I didn't have to delete any VP folders. Oops. Works now though
Note to self: stop expanding so much early game or 34 unhappiness
edit: still square, could be mod incompatibility. I think it's very advanced setup that's the problem.
Events system has a bit of a space right above where the event itself is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom