Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious version:

Needing to stare at the game and be ready to Esc out of these completely empty threats from literally every other AI, sometimes multiple times per AI(I think, I haven't actually tracked this) in the part of the game when the turns take longer anyway gets old fast, but I have to do it if I want the turns to continue. It'd be nice if this happened once per AI at most, and preferably only from AIs who are actually competing with me in a relevant way, not just those who want to be.

(To be honest, I personally wouldn't be upset if this interaction disappeared completely. I don't feel that it adds anything, especially for someone who has multiple thousands of hours clocked with the mod.)
When it comes to AI I'm already at war with, I agree that these are kind of pointless, but if not I do appreciate them as chances for "diplomatic exchanges" with AI. In particular, blowing them off is a good chance to either piss them off (useful when there are defensive pacts floating around so you can either bypass theirs by provoking them to declare war on you, or bait them into triggering your own defensive pact) or check how willing they are to actually go to war with you (indicated by whether they swallow their words when you respond with "Get over it/You will pay for this/etc.").

I THINK player response to AI threats might also affect the attitudes of OTHER AI, but this part I'm not 100% sure on. At the very least, from time to time I notice "they are disappointed with your recent behaviour" maluses on friendly AI they I couldn't recall any possible reason for except perhaps me giving non-hostile responses to threats from AIs we both dislike.

When it comes to AI I'm already at war with, I agree that these are kind of pointless, but if not I do appreciate them as chances for "diplomatic exchanges" with AI. In particular, blowing them off is a good chance to either piss them off (useful when there are defensive pacts floating around so you can either bypass theirs by provoking them to declare war on you, or bait them into triggering your own defensive pact) or check how willing they are to actually go to war with you (indicated by whether they swallow their words when you respond with "Get over it/You will pay for this/etc.").

I THINK player response to AI threats might also affect the attitudes of OTHER AI, but this part I'm not 100% sure on. At the very least, from time to time I notice "they are disappointed with your recent behaviour" maluses on friendly AI they I couldn't recall any possible reason for except perhaps me giving non-hostile responses to threats from AIs we both dislike.

The particular interactions I'm talking about don't have any options. It's just them pontificating about "I see what victory type you're going for, and I'M GONNA BEAT YOU TO IT!" There's only one button to press and it's something simple like "Back" or "Okay." I just hover my finger over the Esc key, very quickly scan the beginning of the text to make sure it's one of those and then go past it without paying any attention to who it is or what they're saying.

The particular interactions I'm talking about don't have any options. It's just them pontificating about "I see what victory type you're going for, and I'M GONNA BEAT YOU TO IT!" There's only one button to press and it's something simple like "Back" or "Okay." I just hover my finger over the Esc key, very quickly scan the beginning of the text to make sure it's one of those and then go past it without paying any attention to who it is or what they're saying.
You can just press "We're sorry this has caused a divide between us", I don't think there's any need to esc out of the convo

Moderator Action: Trolling and responses to it have been deleted. Remember to report rule-violating posts rather than engaging with them.

Please be patient for new versions. VP's developers are all volunteers and our time/resources are limited.

In addition, if a bug is disrupting your game, you should report it on Github. The information we ask for (logs/savegame and mod list in particular) is often essential for fixing a bug.

:goodjob:

I now have a new complaint to register, in the form of a one-act play:
Spoiler :

Shortly after...

Serious version:

Needing to stare at the game and be ready to Esc out of these completely empty threats from literally every other AI, sometimes multiple times per AI(I think, I haven't actually tracked this) in the part of the game when the turns take longer anyway gets old fast, but I have to do it if I want the turns to continue. It'd be nice if this happened once per AI at most, and preferably only from AIs who are actually competing with me in a relevant way, not just those who want to be.

(To be honest, I personally wouldn't be upset if this interaction disappeared completely. I don't feel that it adds anything, especially for someone who has multiple thousands of hours clocked with the mod.)

I think I set it so you can disable it with the "Disable Insult Messages" setting in DiploAIOptions. I'll take a look at it when I do a deep dive into the dialogue system. :)

Updated to 1.0.2 and now I'm getting CTD. Did not have them with 1.0.0 or 1.0.1. Germany asks to be friends => clicking yes equals CTD, clicking no equals CTD.

(edit) Reverting to 1.0.1 again did not solve the problem. So no backwards compatibility. Now it just crashes on loading the game. With or without the DLL change that Recursive posted on the last page.
(edit) Reinstalling 1.0.2 again trying to declare war on Germany before they ask to be friends ...
(edit) Reinstalled 1.0.2 again, if I click "discuss" with Germany. CTD. If I click to declare war. CTD.

So game over ...

I'm now getting the same CTD but when the zulu's ask to be friends with me (1.0.2).

I think I set it so you can disable it with the "Disable Insult Messages" setting in DiploAIOptions. I'll take a look at it when I do a deep dive into the dialogue system. :)
Just looked at that, and saw this note

Code:
Note that these messages provide a chance to provoke the AI into declaring war. Disabling them removes this chance.

Doesn't seem like something I'd want to remove if it also does that.

The crashes when interacting with the AI in the leaderhead screen are highly likely to be an LUA issue. Logs are required to fix.

@Bruhmoment Your end of turn crash is likely a separate issue. Savegame is needed to fix.

Doesn't seem like something I'd want to remove if it also does that.

It does that only if the "You'll pay for this in time" response shows up.

Right, but that would disable those opportunities, which I do use sometimes. I don't want those to go away, just the actually meaningless ones.

I'll put it on my to do list to address. It should at least give you those two options so as not to be pointless.

I have a heavily modded setup, so I don't think sending a save file would do much
I can still send it if you do need it, hit me up then

Logs and the CvMiniDump file may still be helpful in diagnosing the crash, but if you play with many additional mods, then I'm afraid you may be on your own for solving the issue.

Logs and the CvMiniDump file may still be helpful in diagnosing the crash, but if you play with many additional mods, then I'm afraid you may be on your own for solving the issue.
I will post a save game to GitHub from right before Germany asked me to not settle near them. Clicking on a response causes CTD.

In case anyone wasn't sure what I meant, here is the "we're gonna beat you to that victory type" interaction I was referencing. (As an aside, the closest person to me in techs was 20 behind when this came up. :crazyeye: And it wasn't Carthage.)

Spoiler :

Also, which one of you is the freaking comedian that added Scrooge McDuck to the Great Merchant list? :lol::lol::lol:

Spoiler :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom