Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like in my post https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...eptember-3rd-2021.672999/page-3#post-16151658
Copy the UI folder on your steamapps folder in drive C to whatever your civ 5 installation folder
Yup, EUI is landing in a wrong location. @Sword Dancer , search for "ui_bc1" folder on your drive C: and move it to the correct location where your Civ5 is installed (most probably the folder structure will be the same, only the drive letter will be different).

Thank you much everyone! I've managed to find and transfer the directory, but will have to wait until I get home from work today to give it a test.

-M

So Alaric here DoW'd me, fought for a good while, then immediately asked for Friendship literally the turn after peace. Should this be considered abnormal?

Spoiler :

@pineappledan in case it's something specific to the Goths.

Not a bug.

A feature then? :D

They were probably bribed into war. Friendship willingness is directly tied to FRIENDLY approach weight and I fixed the bug making them declare friendship just because war ended, so if they offer friendship it's because they want it.

They were probably bribed into war. Friendship willingness is directly tied to FRIENDLY approach weight and I fixed the bug making them declare friendship just because war ended, so if they offer friendship it's because they want it.
Good explanation.

I was just referring to the "It's not a bug, it's a feature" meme.

Update:

The fixes suggested by the community worked. Thanks again!

I'm facing CTD with version 1.0.1 during city states turn. Everything was fine for about 100 turns untill China declared war and crash happens during CS turn.
Tried to reload a previous save, no crash for a few turns untill war is declared.

That makes us two. I have that CTD and don't know what to do with that fix either.

This was two weeks ago but was there a solution to this CTD on city-states turn?

I had the same issue with version 1.0.1 (https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/8258)
and this DLL posted by Recursive didn't solve it:

For those experiencing a crash, try replacing your GameCoreDLL_Expansion2 DLL file in MODS > (1) Community Patch with this one, and see if that fixes it. Savegame compatible.

Now the same thing happend with 1.0.3 (I can create a new github issue if someone wants to look at it).

Both times I was playing a scenario I made (2 different ones; just modified maps with starting locations assigned to certain civs and city-states, no added units/cities etc.). The one time I played a normal map with version 1.0.1 (same mods, map size, speed and difficulty setting) no CTD happend. I made one of the scenarios last winter and with VP version 12/1 it worked just fine.

So could there be some sort of conflict between the newer versions of VP (1.0.1 / 1.0.3) and custom created maps/scenarios using the SDK WorldBuilder?

Last edited:
It looks like Elizabeth is offering you GPT for one of your luxury resources.
Except it's not an actual deal; note the absence of options on the sides. It's more like a help request or demand, but those don't normally have offers from the other side.

I'm playing marathon, and I'm getting production sabotage on average every other turn. This was an issue 2 versions ago (I think it was 2 versions ago), but it's back now. I have constabulary and special agents in the cities that are getting hit constantly. Even if it's some marathon related spy-duration thing, my counter intelligence shouldn't be this ineffective.

Is anyone else getting this?

But otherwise, I'm really liking all the changes.

upload_2021-9-18_23-38-58.png

Last edited:
Germany DV turn 357: Standard, King (adjusted), Milae's Map, 4UC + PAD Tweaks

Game notes: I went Progress/Statecraft/Imperialism, settling the crucial choke-point at Karlsruhe and then peacefully expanding as I pleased while Hiawatha pushed Siam from the south. Eventually I moved in with an established army of unique infantry and eliminated Siam, taking the remaining 3 cities away from Iroquois hands. He turned his sights to Spain and was skirmishing with her for the majority of the game until she offered me voluntarily vassal later on. I just had to sit and keep building on my lead long enough to run-away with things, though at first, Pacal was en route to CV and I was having to prepare an invasion. I wanted to move on Iroquois earlier when I had first established my army of Landsnakes, but he held a strong pact with the menace inhabiting the other continent, Askia. Eventually though, Hiawatha got impatient due to my inevitable victory and attacked, spelling the end for him -- my StormTrooper + Guerilla combo came online, and it was quite nasty. With 2 vassals in hand and complete control of the WC (14/16 CS), I simply had to endure 1 feeble attack from the Maya before securing the DV. I'd just finished the tech tree, so SV would've been around another 10 turns.

This was actually a good game to see contrasting styles play out; I was the only progress or statecraft civ (peaceful wide) which was left uncontested for too long, Maya was tall advanced CV that couldn't muster enough military might to fend off nearby warmonger while simultaneously trying to stop me once I got ahead, Babylon and Celts were tall civs who never got ahead like Maya so fell victim to warmonger(s), Iroquois was a warmonger who could never fully flex its muscles due to a neighboring Progress civ who was more advanced and controlled the diplo game, Askia was a semi-successful warlord whose conquests were too far behind the Maya to break through when it mattered most (let alone deal with me), and Spain was an unsuccessful Authority civ who fell behind the pack due to failure to capitalize in early battle against Hiawatha.

Other notes:
  • 40 turns in, right after placing my 2nd city, and Siam asks me to stop expanding. Here's how close Ayutthaya was.
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (781).png
  • I had a few vulnerable cities (no walls) for quite a while, and this barb spear never budged. I know we want garrisons to stay put generally, but this was a case where the opposite should happen.
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (783).png
  • I know it's Maya, but this man just enhanced (Catholicism) on turn 87...
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (784).png
  • Maya hitting me with the first of 3 concert tours, at turn 250. With all the recent talk on progress, or even debate on if CV is over-tuned, one can't overlook just how powerful a counter Writers can be. Maya was well on his way to an easy CV before I bulbed 5+ GW in combination with World's Fair culture boost. You can see it amounted to him barely gaining any ground by game's end regardless of the boost he got for sharing an ideology.
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (800).png
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (824).png
  • I think Noble Truths is forcing it. I like the tourism spread and missionary influence mechanics, but it seems a bit weird having them together.
  • Statecraft is a great tree, but yields from total delegates on every session (finisher) needs a buff IMO. I know the yields aren't supposed to be huge, but unless you have a commanding # of votes the bonus is trivial. Even with a massive advantage the yields are not very impressive.
  • Another cool statecraft perk; the monopolies via CS allow for potential situations like this, where I have my pick of the litter when it comes to Corps, as long as you obviously research it first. I can't recall another time where I could select practically every option.
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (810).png
  • Maya and Babylon were neck-and-neck with me in techs going into the 3rd tree, and while rationalism civs tend to pull away here, I was able to use wide progress/industry to run empire-wide science process (combined with Synagogue + Scholarship) for a large chunk of turns -- this is before I even unlocked the final policy for extra WLTKD science.
  • I know the AI took Imperialism, but this citadel spamming is really dumb (pre Lebensraum). We had decent diplo before I used a citadel to take the marble and lapis, but then he responds by wasting most/all of his generals within a span of like 20 turns. It wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that the citadels are left unattended 95% of the time -- I know Stalker has brought this up before -- and to make matters worse, he later declares on me (triggered by a diplo response) while I just walk in and take the land back almost instantly. He was even going to keep the line moving, but decided to wait... an entire 9 turns before settling on a different location to waste yet another General.
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (807).png
    Spoiler He's thinking about here :
    Screenshot (813).png
    Spoiler But settles for here :
    Screenshot (814).png
  • Bismarck and his victory via 69 votes is looking to initiate more than one type of 'hegemony'...
    Spoiler :
    Screenshot (819).png

Germany DV turn 357: Standard, King (adjusted), Milae's Map, 4UC + PAD Tweaks
  • Maya hitting me with the first of 3 concert tours, at turn 250. With all the recent talk on progress, or even debate on if CV is over-tuned, one can't overlook just how powerful a counter Writers can be. Maya was well on his way to an easy CV before I bulbed 5+ GW in combination with World's Fair culture boost. You can see it amounted to him barely gaining any ground by game's end regardless of the boost he got for sharing an ideology.

I legit never thought of great writer spam to prevent a CV :thumbsup: ty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom