Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly bugfixes, not balance changes - but fixing the bugs did nerf the AI to AI deals (also exploitative vassalage by humans).

It does reduce RAM consumption a bit, yes, and there might be a slight performance buff as well, but mostly it was to make it easier to modify. Previously it was a giant mess.

I tested a game with 43 civs earlier and encountered no crash. Bug report?

I'm really happy we finally pinned down the issue. It's been plaguing us for literal years and was responsible for nonsensical bribed wars and some of the "AI declaring war on vassal" bugs as well.

Yeah, this is intended.
Here's my logs. Thought it was an issue with Communitas, but having the problem regardless of what map I choose. The lua log ends on map generation and when I was able to get a game started, ice would form over every coast ocean tile, making naval navigation impossible.

(edit) Ice bug was a result of the (7) Community Events (v5) mod, which I erroneously thought was included in the VP install.

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    39.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I would be hard pressed to pinpoint a specific aspect, but I really do feel that the AI development over the last three or four patches has been phenomenal.

The AI feels rational, and it seems like something very closely resembling diplomacy is possible. I thought they were good before, but the alliance blocs are amazing now. Military coalitions with neighboring AI are not only possible, but desirable and useful.

Here's my logs. Thought it was an issue with Communitas, but having the problem regardless of what map I choose. The lua log ends on map generation and when I was able to get a game started, ice would form over every coast ocean tile, making naval navigation impossible.
The map does NOT support 43 civs. Please use a supported map instead.

Played some, opened a few games and played a bit longer in this one (just got gunpowder).
Went down from emperor to king.
Defensive pacts seems more reasonable.
Being bribed quite a lot, (unfair enough that I will probably remove this if I go back up to emperor).
Have AI's who tech crazy (ethiopia in particular).
Wonders have in general been possible to get if I really go for them (got pyramids, terracotta and notre dame) but there is little room to hoard.

I would be hard pressed to pinpoint a specific aspect, but I really do feel that the AI development over the last three or four patches has been phenomenal.

The AI feels rational, and it seems like something very closely resembling diplomacy is possible. I thought they were good before, but the alliance blocs are amazing now. Military coalitions with neighboring AI are not only possible, but desirable and useful.

This makes me really happy to hear. :)

The map does NOT support 43 civs. Please use a supported map instead.
Has this changed? I could have sworn I played Communitas with 43 civs in the past just fine. Also the CTD applies to playing on Earth and Continents Plus as well. Which maps included in VP support 43 civs?

Last edited:
Then it's not a mapscript issue. The map really isn't big enough to hold that many civs though. You should modify the map sizes.

Hope the devs can figure out what it is via the dump uploaded to Github.

sorry if the question is silly, but how do i update the game? just download the new version and run the file?

New version inbound. Lots and lots of bugfixes and backend improvements in this one, including fixes for several longstanding bugs.

Changelog, including a huge list of bugfixes midway through:
Code:
[Balance]

- Motherland Calls moved to Nuclear Fusion
    Free Police Station and +100% supply from population in city
    Building maintenance reduced by 10% in all cities
    Enemies can't gain gold or health from pillaging your tiles

Oh cool! I wrote that pillage code.
Super hyped to see how powerful it actually is. Considering it's post-industrial, I guess way more than I thought - when my idea was to put it on Great Wall.

sorry if the question is silly, but how do i update the game? just download the new version and run the file?
Don't forget to delete the previous version before you run the newest file (.exe), just to be safe and avoid possible weird glitches and bugs.

You can find it usually in: C:\Users\You\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS , and the folders are named from (1) Community Patch ... (7b) UI - Promotion Tree for VP [their number depends on your previous installation], so they are most likely on the top of the MODS folder.

Probably a dumb question, but how do you select the Alternative Difficulty Mod? I didn't see it in the game options.

Finished a game with 1.2.1, everything went pretty smoothly! Very nice update.

Minor things:
- Global monopoly shows in the monopoly list at exact 50%, but it's not effective (e.g. for corporations) until it exceeds 50%
- Purchase now places the building in front of the build queue. I don't like this change, as you now have to think in backwards priority order when purchasing multiple buildings at a time
- I went to war at friend's request, and they berated me as a warmonger even before capturing a city. Didn't get warmonger diplomacy penalties though
- I think the amount of gold spies can steal is not related to amount of gold the target civ actually holds. Maybe this is intentional though

All in all, great update!

Finished a game with 1.2.1, everything went pretty smoothly! Very nice update.

Minor things:
- Global monopoly shows in the monopoly list at exact 50%, but it's not effective (e.g. for corporations) until it exceeds 50%
- Purchase now places the building in front of the build queue. I don't like this change, as you now have to think in backwards priority order when purchasing multiple buildings at a time
- I went to war at friend's request, and they berated me as a warmonger even before capturing a city. Didn't get warmonger diplomacy penalties though
- I think the amount of gold spies can steal is not related to amount of gold the target civ actually holds. Maybe this is intentional though

All in all, great update!

@civistys, would you please post the global monopoly issue on GitHub (https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues) along with a save, if possible? That way the issue has a far greater chance of being fixed :)

@civistys, would you please post the global monopoly issue on GitHub (https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues) along with a save, if possible? That way the issue has a far greater chance of being fixed :)
Hey my bad, I re-checked a save and it shows in the monopoly list only as strategic monopoly, not as global monopoly. So the list is representing the actual monopoly state.

I think "over 50%" makes sense so that no two civs can have a global monopoly. However, achieving a global monopoly is very hard on large maps, so maybe it should be considered to allow corporations already with strategic monopolies? Otherwise a number of them is practically locked out of large games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom