Status
Not open for further replies.
Netherlands is an ally of Panama City now and still at war with them.

When asked to trade a peace it says Impossible!

Bug or intended?

Attachments

• civ.jpg
    civ.jpg
    898.8 KB · Views: 156
After I bought a city it had "occupied" status, full unhappiness and needed a courthouse. Is that intended?

Does Milaes alternative difficulty need the difficulty mod files from his mod or can I use the one that comes installed?

Hello and thanks to everyone involved in community patch project. In v1.2.1, barbarian hordes seem to have disappeared (CS alerts for barbarian horde, but there's no barbarians at all).
Have a nice day everybody :)

Could it be possible to prevent the AI to create melee naval unit in "lake cities" ? Makes me feel bad for them.

Similarly, in my game AI had a coastal capital that I was attacking from land, I didn't have access to the same sea. They were building only melee ships. Ranged ships would have made the capture much harder as siege engines couldn't have been positioned on the shores.

Yeah asking other civs for a trade peace on a city state is almost impossible in my current game. That said, this the best version of VP ever.

That is super annoying. My allied city state is at war with my AI friend with whom I got defensive pact and peace deal is impossible.

Could it be possible to prevent the AI to create melee naval unit in "lake cities" ? Makes me feel bad for them.

View attachment 616448

I always felt uneasy with lake cities constructing ships, but haven't seen the AI do it so I thought it was fine. That was just my luck I guess because this is not fine. I can think of a workaround for this that could disallow either all naval units or just the melee (and plus submarine maybe?).

@YoullPay4ThisInTime @civistys just to double-check, are you using any other mods?

Last edited:
Where should be the criteria for building melee ships?
10-tile lake - no?
11-tile inland sea - yes?
1-tile lake with a canal out to the ocean?
1-tile lake with a potential canal that hasn't been built?
4-tile lake with a reachable enemy city?

Where should be the criteria for building melee ships?
10-tile lake - no?
11-tile inland sea - yes?
1-tile lake with a canal out to the ocean?
1-tile lake with a potential canal that hasn't been built?
4-tile lake with a reachable enemy city?

While it is a bit silly that they keep building large navies to fill some little lake-sea I guess it might be hard to do anything about it if you allow it so to speak.

Does the AI even build canals, or that is to say canals that are longer then one tile that is. I am not even sure those, or the once that are just one tile long, are not just built by accident cause they don't seem to always put one down even when they can. Or even if having a few canal fortresses wouldn't be a significant shortcut for them. AI canal constructions seem very iffy and hit and miss.

It's not that melee ships are useless. After all they can bolster the city defense and/or they can retake the city if it's lost. But they are a bit of a sitting duck in the lake. Ranged ships would be better, even tho they are also very much sitting ducks.

It's not like they are going to build a large navy if it's just a 1 tile lake, at most 2 ships (one in the lake and one in the city), possibly a few more if they by accident or so manage to put some citadels or forts around the lake tile.

If it's a 10-tile lake or so having a few ships in it might make sense, filling every single square with a melee ship not so much. But I am not sure if the AI can be programmed in such a manner. I guess it's a side effect of making lakes equivalent to coast and sea city with all the buildings and such. The units are sort of a side effect of that.

If the lake is large enough to have several cities (including rivals) attached to it then a navy is completely a viable option imo.

If the lake is large enough to have several cities (including rivals) attached to it then a navy is completely a viable option imo.
The smallest possible lake with multiple cities is 3 tiles large. So maybe the logic should be, instead of depending on number of tiles, to check if there is a city of a different civ, and only then build ships there. Otherwise, those ships are negligible and production spent on that could probably be better used. If AI happens to create a canal, then maybe it shouldn't treat it as a single lake anymore.

Does the AI even build canals, or that is to say canals that are longer then one tile that is. I am not even sure those, or the once that are just one tile long, are not just built by accident cause they don't seem to always put one down even when they can. Or even if having a few canal fortresses wouldn't be a significant shortcut for them. AI canal constructions seem very iffy and hit and miss.
@ridjack can tell you all about AI canals.

AI canal constructions seem very iffy and hit and miss.

I've been praising the AI canal constructing ability for awhile now. You'll see it if you use automated workers a lot; there's been at least one time my auto workers found a canal spot I'd completely missed.

They're amazing at it, in my experience. I don't know about two-tile canals; my auto workers will put a fort next to a citadel if I put it in the right spot, or next to a city, but otherwise they obviously have no real way to do a two-tile on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom