Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to VP after a long time off. Install new 2.1.1. See the new tree (1) Comunity pathc (2) VP (3a) VP EUI (4 etc
So now some of the mods I cherish won't work because they depends on (3) Diplomacy which is the old "tree" of VP I believe...

So question is, is it my install that is broken or is the new tree intended and if yes... how to trick Civ5 to use "old mods"?

EDIT: Sorry if it has been talked before, please point me to the relevant comment if possible. Been off for more than a year

Here's the thread for Dependency issues:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mod-dependency-issues-with-vp-2-0.676112/

Regarding culture victory, adding a condition to it that either all civs must have adopted either your ideology or are following your religion (in case you haven't founded one).

Having this condition would effectively mean a domination victory. The AI has very little issue with happiness thus it is virtually impossible to flip them from their ideology unless you vassalise them and it is virtually impossible to flip a founder civ to another religion unless you capture their holy city at least so they can't produce inquisitors, which apart from the odd exceptions will be their capital.

The issue with culture victory at the moment is it is actually more of a culture victory.i.e. it is a race to who get the two level 3 tenants rather than who can gain influencial on all civs as that seems relatively easy to achieve. It also seems that you have no real defense against enemy tourism as the levels of tourism are so high so your onlt defense really is conquest or getting a culture victory first as all other victory types except domination are more heavily gated and effectively impossible to achieve until right at the end of the game.

In the past, if you had a large empire you could counter tourism with high culture output to at least slow down someone going for tourism but in a recent example i wasn't going full domination but ended up having around 30 cities and 5-6 vassals providing me with large amounts of culture also and even with focusing on every culture building and buff i could i couldn't even slow do tourism pressure and i had to make the decision to launch a naval invasion on Arabia as we entered the Atomic era who were already dominant with everyone and were only waiting for their last social policy to be able to win the game even though they had both been sanctioned so no trade routes were allowed and travel ban was enacted as well as me making sure that i didn't allow them any other buffs by not trading open borders and pumping culture so no buff to them from boredom in my empire.

As i wanted to understand the updated tourism game i played a tourist victory myself and i feel that the change to the way the empire debuff to tourism from cities is possibly a significant part of the issue. In a way i like that you can have a bigger empire and go for tourism, especially as you kind of need a reasonable size empire to at least be able to defend yourself against agressors and if your too small you just end up in endless defensive wars throughout the game but it does mean there is a huge chunk of additional tourism flying around, around 25-50% from an average size civ.

In this game i was influential will all civs on my continent before we even found the other continent and again it became a culture race in the end with 3 civs being dominant with everyone, myself who was going tourism victory, Portugal who likely got influencal off the back of my religion and Morroco who went from nowhere to overtaking me to the point i was actually getting unhappiness from their cultural pressure which i assume is mostly down the Kasbahs and and the additional tourism they would get on building hotels etc as this is when their tourism exploded so i guess this was accidental rather than intended as they hadn't shown interest in tourism to that point really.

I did use a couple of musicians to experiment with them but didn't actually need them as again the gate was getting 2 tier three tenants rather than gaining influencial and overall i feel in the current state muscians are almost pointless as you get too few of them to matter for tourism from great works as they come so late to the tourism game (although not late to the game itself) and it is so easy to gain influencial you don't need to use them on tours where as before they were often the method to push the final mile.

Straight tourism seems to have been heavily buffed with both the changes to the way the additioanl cities debuff works and the addition of a lot of extra sources of tourism from buildings yet culture has not been equally buffed so the only defense against a tourism victory is conquest.

The adjusted tourism column never adds up, using made up number rather than a actual example as not in game atm i would have 1000 tourism and have a net 50% buff with a civ yet could be providing 2000 adjust tourism or 1250 adjusted tourism. This is probably most useful to see adjusted tourism against me so i know how much culture i need to pump out to defend against it and i am sure it used to be accurate but now seems to be almost made up it is so none logical.

Is the espionage buildings working properly for you guys?

Just now I got quite curious about how spy system works and gave several different try.

For now it seems like all espionage buildings are not working. I found none of them to change the amount of turn spent on stealing, unlike its description (even Great Firewall) . Even when I built constabulary on target city before I start new mission, it did not work.

Policy and tech difference modifiers were properly increasing security threshold, so I figured only buildings are the problem. Those modifiers also did not seem to affect the speed once the mission started though.

Perhaps this is why production disruption was happening too often no matter how much you try to delay it?

Encountered a very strange bug. My screen would tear up at this specific area on the map, panning the camera to other parts of the map and the bug "clears" up. Reloading would not solve it, the same bug would occur at around the same turn. Please take notice of the skirmisher at the bottom left in Cardiff.
View attachment 626437

Strategic view was not affected by the visual bug, so I continue the game as is. After some time, I noticed that the issue resolved itself. I then spent some time figuring out what was wrong and pin point it to a skirmisher. Using tool to spawn artillery and kill the skirmisher and the bug disappeared. I think my game is cursed.
View attachment 626436
I had the same thing happen in my last game from 3 weeks ago. The problem went away on the next turn. I'd never seen it before in 4 years of playing VP. (I have a nvidea 760 graphics card).

Last edited:

Just now I got quite curious about how spy system works and gave several different try.

For now it seems like all espionage buildings are not working. I found none of them to change the amount of turn spent on stealing, unlike its description (even Great Firewall) . Even when I built constabulary on target city before I start new mission, it did not work.

Policy and tech difference modifiers were properly increasing security threshold, so I figured only buildings are the problem. Those modifiers also did not seem to affect the speed once the mission started though.

Perhaps this is why production disruption was happening too often no matter how much you try to delay it?

I had same issue, but with version 1.4.6. Great Firewall and none of the building have any effect on enemy spying mission durations. I've seen no effect in any aspect after building for example all building and Great Firewall in my capital.

Hi, thanks for the latest versions, they are great in features and optimizations. I have an issue with ancient ruins, though... They are not showing up at all since at least the last two versions. I saw someone asking earlier the same in this thread. Is this a know bug, or should it be caused by some conflicting mods on my side? Regards.

Hi, thanks for the latest versions, they are great in features and optimizations. I have an issue with ancient ruins, though... They are not showing up at all since at least the last two versions. I saw someone asking earlier the same in this thread. Is this a know bug, or should it be caused by some conflicting mods on my side? Regards.
Someone suggested that my modmod is causing that, but I have totally no problems with them for both base VP and modded.

I suggest clearing cache first, or reinstall VP if cache doesn't help.

Nvm, Seems like I was misdirected from the description. So the buildings are increasing the spy resistance to ultimately raise the city's security level, but not directly decreasing other's espionage speed by -25%. If that's the case, I guess it's working properly. But I would say it's so difficult to figure out how the things work if it remains in current description...

There seems to be an issue. Every civ can produce special units like heitaroi, ballista, turtle ships etc

Not sure if this has been changed in the recent version but I've had an AI offer me cities in a peace deal, with a deal value of impossible.

Not sure if this has been changed in the recent version but I've had an AI offer me cities in a peace deal, with a deal value of impossible.

I've been getting "impossible" or negative deal offers for many versions now. Think it's just a weird hic up that happens every now and then.

It's a bug.

I had the same thing happen in my last game from 3 weeks ago. The problem went away on the next turn. I'd never seen it before in 4 years of playing VP. (I have a nvidea 760 graphics card).
I also just encountered this on the more recent VP version, may be a problem specific to the Scythed Chariot.

I captured and liberated Antwerp twice and somehow I have 2 glass resources. War is still goes on, so i might get another glass

8930_20220521011041_1.png

The duration of promises to not convert an AI's cities does not seem to appear in the diplomacy/opinion tooltip unlike other promises.

The duration of promises to not convert an AI's cities does not seem to appear in the diplomacy/opinion tooltip unlike other promises.

They are permanent, if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom