Status
Not open for further replies.
When the unit limit is exceeded, such as 50/35, militaristic city-states stop sending units. It's a pity. I would not refuse gifts. You can always send these units to allied CSs to help them defend.

Although the allied CS are very casually disposing of the troops. There are no particular complaints about ground units, as the AI kills half of the ground units of the city-state at the time of the declaration of war. But the ships are in trouble. They are very fond of placing ships under cannon fire (especially Galeas, which could be sailed away after firing) or choosing a parking spot for a cannon + city + archer combo.

A gifted ground unit rarely survives 3 turns - it usually runs and fights alone, so not surprising. All the rest are dead.

But what's the problem with ships? Of the more than 10 donated to Valetta, only 2 ships have survived. And this despite the fact that most of the time the hostile AI did not have a fleet near Valletta.

I have added some extra diplomacy AI code to fix the "AI stupidly denounces friends a lot" problem. Some AIs will still do it, but only when they think they'll have something to gain and nothing they care about losing from it.

Can something be done about the AI leaving someone in their cities when attacked, as it is getting ridiclous how they get up & go on the attack living cities empty. Aztecs have had no one in their capital for an age in my long going war. The worst though are CS who seem to think it is a badge of honor to go walkabout. Prague has somehow got three cities, though not for long as all three were deserted until latest turn when I gave a Musketman to them, but I expect that would soon be gone. Enemy soon smash them down with no one in them. Ones looks like to be a barb city soon.

The only time they should leave a city if there is a good chance to help their defence, but then should go back in it next turn. Personally I would like them to be programmed to never leave the city. As an attacker it is great, but not as a challenge.

I suggest adding a display of the number of happy citizens in each city. The number of unhappy citizens is shown, but it does not give any indication of whether the city is happy or has production and population growth penalties.

Spoiler :

20221229022021_1.jpg

I also suggest slightly reducing the appetites of AI when requesting friendly help. This is the equivalent of 100 GPT. I highly doubt that the AI will help me with 100 GPT.

Spoiler :

20221229064043_1.jpg

20221229064037_1.jpg

Lots of suggestions about immortal units for players with a lot of promotions: CS reduction when upgrading, removing half of XP, and so on.

And if, on the contrary, to increase the experience given by buildings to new units? Something like +3XP per building (will be something like +20% on average). This will cause new units to be produced and obsolete units to be removed at some point in time if the army has not fought for a long time and the old units have little experience. Or lose old units in battle and lose victory points.

This will, of course, strengthen the AI's defenses in wars against humans. But in AI vs. AI wars, the difference should not be significant with the current situation - melee units of both AIs are regularly updated, the problem may be with ranged and +1 attack range, which will mow down the attackers in the initial moments of the war until the attacker upgrades his ranged units.

It will also allow you to play with a large number of promotions, make wars more mobile - you can no longer choose between Woodman and Amphibious in the Middle Ages, but take both promotions. Or regularly upgrade the army directly during wars, depending on the combat situation - recruits will use the necessary promotion pool, and simply delete wounded units without the necessary promotions. If the production of cities is good, then the attacker will be able to apply continuous pressure, but at the cost of not building buildings and eventually falling behind other empires not participating in the war in economy.

Moderator Action: Thread closed due to new release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom