New Version - 3.2.2 (March 15, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, what is the default difficulty where humans and AI are equal. CppMaster say it's Chieftain, yet on fandom it say "When playing on difficulty levels higher than Warlord, the AI receives bonus yields periodically upon triggering certain events, in an effort to match increasingly skilled human players". Does that mean Warlord is the default?
Looks like warlord.

Is it possible to have some kind of system for backup sponsors in future congress sessions in case something like this happens again? This will also make things easier for future sponsors when life inevitably gets in the way of modding and reduces frustration from waiting 3 more months to re-propose things that were previously passed.
I've tried to implement some of his sponsored proposals with his permission, but some proposals apparently require some DLL change which I can't do and is already too late to do.
Also, some are just too big to implement, like Early & Late naval rework, and belief overhaul.
I don't want to implement something voted on but with an altered "janky" implementation.

Quick question, what is the default difficulty where humans and AI are equal. CppMaster say it's Chieftain, yet on fandom it say "When playing on difficulty levels higher than Warlord, the AI receives bonus yields periodically upon triggering certain events, in an effort to match increasingly skilled human players". Does that mean Warlord is the default?
Warlord.
I am trying to slow down research bonus, if
ResearchPerEraModifier has "5" should it works ?

asking here because https://civ-5-cbp.fandom.com/wiki/AI_and_Difficulty is not yet updated
That page doesn't include all the optional settings. I suppose someone should do that at some point.

There seems to be a weird starting phenomenon where city-states initially only seems to offer barbarian-camp quests and multiple cities are targetting the same camp. My highscore so far is five cities targetting the same camp. That was a nice reward on the kill. I guess there are just not a lot of possible quests in the pool early on and not enough different camps spawns as you scout the world and discover the city-states. Still it seems a bit weird.

So I got a monopoly on Lapis Lazuli, which is suppose to give me 2 golden age PPT on all resources... but I only get +2 GA points on the Lazuli tiles... isn't it supposed to also be on iron, horses, ect.? Whatever is considered a resource tile?

There seems to be a weird starting phenomenon where city-states initially only seems to offer barbarian-camp quests and multiple cities are targetting the same camp. My highscore so far is five cities targetting the same camp. That was a nice reward on the kill. I guess there are just not a lot of possible quests in the pool early on and not enough different camps spawns as you scout the world and discover the city-states. Still it seems a bit weird.
That would be the result of the proposal where quests can be given whenever.

Chancery - Removed +1 Gold for each City-State friend
Scrivener's Office - Now +1 Food per CS friend, +1 Food and +1 Faith per CS ally Wire Service - Now +1 Culture per CS friend, +1 Culture and +1 Science per CS ally
Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't seem to have been changed.
1679127136626.png
1679127157893.png

Spoiler In CSDBuilding.xml :
1679127250535.png

If someone can confirm it for me, I will post in Github.

The reward from the ruins that allows you to upgrade a unit is completely unbalanced. The best solution would be to simply remove it from the reward pool.

Warrior - Spearman skips 2 technologies
Slinger - Archer skips 3 technologies (while the slinger must first be produced or bought, and then find the ruins and reach them)
Pathfinder - Scout skips 5 technologies (oh yeah...why not skip 5 technologies in the initial 20 turns). And you can easily meet at least 3 AI scouts in the first 50 turns, when the AI is not yet producing a fleet.

Spoiler :

20230318152904_1.jpg

The reward from the ruins that allows you to upgrade a unit is completely unbalanced. The best solution would be to simply remove her from the reward pool.

Warrior - Spearman skips 2 technologies
Slinger - The archer skips 3 technologies (while the slinger must first be produced or bought, and then find the ruins and reach them)
Pathfinder - Scout skips 5 technologies (oh yeah...why not skip 5 technologies in the initial 20 turns). And you can easily meet at least 3 AI scouts in the first 50 turns, when the AI is not yet producing a fleet.
The Ancient Ruins rebalancing part of Hinin's Tweak for VP would be easily adaptable and would avoid a lot of imbalance coming from the ruins. To be proposed at the next congress.

Besides, its Unit rebalancing is also very interesting, especially for the Scout with the addition of a unit icon of the most beautiful effect, Frontierman.

Now about Scouts. I previously suggested moving the Scouts to the 'Fishing' tech, but a counter-proposal was put forward that simply removed the recon-units penalties against barbarians. I described my arguments about the need to change technology there, but in short - the Scout is too weak a unit at the moment when it becomes available for production. He is unable to counteract the Swordsman. At the same time, if you move along the sea technology branch, then there are absolutely no ground combat units and any sea empire is defenseless against ground attacks. At the same time, land empires are able to resist the sea empire through the construction of Walls in cities and the production of Archers or Chariot Archers (Skirmishers).

Now for the units:

Ancient Era
Archer - 3 technologies - 70 hammers - CS 6 - RCS 9
Spearman - 2 technologies - 70 hammers - CS 12
Horseman - 3 technologies - 90 hammers - CS 13 (requires a resource)
Chariot Archer - 1 technology - 55 hammers - CS 8 - RCS 8 (requires a resource)

Classical Era
Scout - 5 technologies - 90 hammers - CS 10
Skirmisher - 6 technologies - 100 hammers - CS 12 - RCS 8 (requires a resource)
Catapult - 6 technologies - 100 hammers - CS 5 - RCS 13
Swordsman - 5 technologies - 100 hammers - CS 16 (requires a resource)
Composite Bowman - 13 technologies - 110 hammers - CS 12 - RCS14 - very demanding on technologies, but very strong. Even the Swordsman is weak against him.

It is obvious that the Scout is unable to counteract the units of his era. Is that the catapult can break. In practice, he is forced to always run away from the enemy.

If move the Scout to 'Fishing', can also reduce the price to 70 hammers.

Land empires will retain their strategic advantage in land wars, but sea empires will now have little time to defend and research new units or city walls.

Tech tree to see the location of units.
Spoiler :

20230318165348_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20230318154847_1.jpg
    20230318154847_1.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Now about Scouts. I previously suggested moving the Scouts to the 'Fishing' tech, but a counter-proposal was put forward that simply removed the recon-units penalties against barbarians. I described my arguments about the need to change technology there, but in short - the Scout is too weak a unit at the moment when it becomes available for production. He is unable to counteract the Swordsman. At the same time, if you move along the sea technology branch, then there are absolutely no ground combat units and any sea empire is defenseless against ground attacks. At the same time, land empires are able to resist the sea empire through the construction of Walls in cities and the production of Archers or Chariot Archers (Skirmishers).

Now for the units:

Ancient Era
Archer - 3 technologies - 70 hammers - CS 6 - RCS 9
Spearman - 2 technologies - 70 hammers - CS 12
Horseman - 3 technologies - 90 hammers - CS 13 (requires a resource)
Chariot Archer - 1 technology - 55 hammers - CS 8 - RCS 8 (requires a resource)

Classical Era
Scout - 5 technologies - 90 hammers - CS 10
Skirmisher - 6 technologies - 100 hammers - CS 12 - RCS 8 (requires a resource)
Catapult - 6 technologies - 100 hammers - CS 5 - RCS 13
Swordsman - 5 technologies - 100 hammers - CS 16 (requires a resource)
Composite Bowman - 13 technologies - 110 hammers - CS 12 - RCS14 - very demanding on technologies, but very strong. Even the Swordsman is weak against him.

It is obvious that the Scout is unable to counteract the units of his era. Is that the catapult can break. In practice, he is forced to always run away from the enemy.

If move the Scout to 'Fishing', can also reduce the price to 70 hammers.

Land empires will retain their strategic advantage in land wars, but sea empires will now have little time to defend and research new units or city walls.

Tech tree to see the location of units.
But scouts are not meant to counteract swordsmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom