New Version - December 13th (12-13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all,

here's a new DLL, savegame compatible to the 12/13 version. just replace the existing file in the CP folder.

the big change is that it's possible to buy units even in cities with a garrison. this should help the AI. the unit is placed on an adjacent tile, preferably one with a route. this version also fixes some issues regarding AI behavior for combat, peace willingness and city site selection.

i cannot reproduce the problems with border expansion. if you think a tile is wrongfully skipped, please check whether it has a pink halo when mousing over the city (ideally the first time it should be picked).

edit: replaced attachment - aircraft purchasing wasn't working

Attachments

• CvGameCore_Expansion2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
This hurts CS a lot. There is plenty of CS in my games without a single resource because of that. And way easier to make monopolies.

Noticing this myself. Two CS on my flank had unclaimed luxury resources, including a crab only two rings away. Since their borders never expanded to include the resource, I can't even offer to buy it for them, and the resource is inaccessible due to it being too close to found a city just to snag it.

Seeing similar behavior with a puppet expanding across the water to get to one resource three rings away, but ignore a plantation resource on a plain two rings away. Had to annex and buy the tiles, well before that city had "cooked" long enough for my personal preferences.

Edit: trying again with your new DLL, ilteroi, and without any of my favorite engineseer, whoward, and JFD mods and see if the behavior is repeated. Will try to provide screenshots of any anomalies.

- E

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any issues with border expansion with this 12/13 patch. My experience after multiple games is it is at least back to the level it was prior to the 12/5 patch; I haven't had any lake heavy maps or pantheons to test whether it's even further improved.

And I did experience the issues in the 12/5 patch, even with the .dll fix Ilteroi posted within the 12/5 thread. Grassland luxuries being skipped for desert hills, City States with no luxuries to offer because by turn 120 it still hadn't expanded to that luxury in the second ring, all that "good" stuff. I'm not sure why others appear to still have the border expansion issues but it's working for me.

The AI in patch 05dec is a lot better than the one in 10nov, anyone observe this? They are smarter, and makes very good decision plus they really killed off civilisation and not afraid to declare war. Anyone observe and could compare the AI with 12dec?

I have noticed then , when one AI declare war on another, u can wait 4-8 turns, declare war and take 1(sometimes 2) cities(most of AI troops will be on war).
After that just def. :)
But sometimes one AI declare war on u, and after some time another declare second war on u - very funny and hard situation...
After last patch border expansion becomes much better.
Thank u guys.

The only weird thing I've noticed now it's a CS that took a resource in a 5th ring, while it had many tiles in the 2nd ring unclaimed. Its territory looks like a long finger.

Lol. The CS AI is playing 5-d chess. While you're sitting there trying to get resources in your 2nd ring, they have calculated the way to get the maximum yield in high-dimensional space. Pretty soon they are going to declare war on everyone and declare global hegemony.

The AI in patch 05dec is a lot better than the one in 10nov, anyone observe this? They are smarter, and makes very good decision plus they really killed off civilisation and not afraid to declare war. Anyone observe and could compare the AI with 12dec?

Yes, I've noticed early AI is much more willing to declare war if it spots weakness. My usual strategy of getting by with a skeleton army early on simply doesn't work 80% of the time; it's amazing how fierce a 6 unit army of warriors and archers appears when all you've got is a warrior and archer at hand.

In my current game I had the Huns declare war on me in Classical; two turns later the Aztecs declared as well. I can't judge whether the Aztecs did so in response to the Huns but either way, very effective.

Getting CTD errors
[122183.265] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[122183.265] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[122188.343] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[122191.500] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[122191.500] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[122200.234]

That's normal behaviour that I conquered Swedish and after that still has war weariness? (no other wars with civs or CS)
AI Polynesia the same, they conquered Austria and has war weariness. Or it is a bug? Or a feature?

Crash at later game, at the start of ww2 era. Other than that i am really happy with the improvements and updates.

I just took the Imperialism policy that gives happiness to constabularies, but happiness didn't change even though I have 8 of them.

I just took the Imperialism policy that gives happiness to constabularies, but happiness didn't change even though I have 8 of them.
I took that policy every game(1 game per day) - all works fine. It just sometimes add happiness on turn after u take it, not immediately.

I've noticed that Mint is unbuildable/missing when using the latest patch. Any way to correct this?

Isn't it called the Custom Houses?

Is only I get mission from CS to liberate another CS that I can not complete cause it is captured by me? Or it is a bug?(previous barbarians conquest CS, I just get it from barbarians.)
After that I get that useless mission to liberate CS, but I cant do it(

Is only I get mission from CS to liberate another CS that I can not complete cause it is captured by me? Or it is a bug?(previous barbarians conquest CS, I just get it from barbarians.)
After that I get that useless mission to liberate CS, but I cant do it(
The mission isn't given only to you. The CS launches that mission and some player could do something, some others don't. If a CS rewards the civ with more science per turn and you are very low on beakers, then that mission is for another civ to fulfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom