Status
Not open for further replies.
Pugnacity, or a natural disposition to be aggressive or belligerent, isn't considered a flattering quality for a person to have. Prolific is a much better choice of words. Gracious, genial, gifted, gregarious, grand, giving, glad, gleeful, gentlemanly and generous Gazebo.

Sorry I'm french and Pugnacity have many sens (And my English is poor).
Pugnacity is ardor, tenacity, a high quality to never drop a system that doesn't satisfy it completely and always seek to improve it.
But all the words that you chose also go :thumbsup:

I mean he’s not wrong. Maybe he didn’t mean it as a compliment? :)

Either way Im flattered.

G

For me it was a real compliment, thank you for having interpreted it as such.:cool:

What is happening with distress? I am around turn 70, and the entire game, regardless of how my cities have been doing it seems that my distress unhappiness = my population in all cities. It also seems independent from the amount of shortfall. Here's a screenshot of my 2nd city. 4 pop, 4 distressed, 2.xx deficit.

Also, why are all other sources of happiness/unhappiness not showing up?

Here's the screenshot:

https://imgur.com/gOhmOzI

Pushing a small hotfix with a text fix for the Fealty policy food mismatch (should be +2, says +3) and a potential fix for the pepper-smoking Gajah bug (tl;dr, Gajah's vanilla text is weird, fixed that, but also fixed it so that you can't get into an insult spiral with someone if they demand from you).

Online now. Savegame compatible. This will be my last update until 2019. Have fun!

Cheers,
G

Thank you Gazebae, it seems that Ganja Mada is no longer.

Loving this buffed fealty as well, the extra happiness is definitely helping me against the war weariness and stricter happiness tweaks as a warmonger. I do get into the -40 red zones even with all the happiness, but that is when I push a war very far and I can already declare peace (or Retire :lol:). Happiness stabilisation after peace seems good, takes very few turns. This forces me to decide whether I want to keep pushing a war before the 15 turns revolt and deal with the rebels spawning near cities, or take what I have and war another day, and I really like that.

More importantly: ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS G :D

Happiness seems a little bit too harsh at the moment. Even with buffed fealty and 2 happiness per city by it, Iam running the first 150 turns on zero happiness and below. With only 6 cities. That's the first impression I get from the early game. A golden.age made a difference of 12-15 happiness.
But could be only subjective.

Edit:
Ok, now is a better run with 10+ happiness at around 150+ turns.
Cant say something about lategame, but I think Gazebo could have hit the nail with the new happiness system. :)

Last edited:
Happiness seems a little bit too harsh at the moment. Even with buffed fealty and 2 happiness per city by it, Iam running the first 150 turns on zero happiness and below. With only 6 cities. That's the first impression I get from the early game. A golden.age made a difference of 12-15 happiness.
But could be only subjective.

I rarely ever go above 9 happiness in the early game, and quite often stay very low or even negative, especially if I'm beelining Oracle with no plantations/camps around, or if I settle (and grow) 5+ cities, or don't get good start settlements. Eventually I pull through with some micromanaging, pantheon, religion, policies, and all will be good. In my current game I'm maintaining 33 cities (half are puppets) with about 40-60 happiness in the Industrial era, drops to 10--or even -40--during wars. Earlier before that I was fluctuating between 7 and -12. The extra 30+ happiness is very helpful for me here, otherwise I'd be in the redzones very early in big war campaigns where I take/retake multiple cities; Authority-Fealty-Imperialism sustains my empire nicely. By the way I set tiles to automatically manage later in the game because I'm lazy and I still do very well!

Mind you I'm playing on Emperor this game; I have no clue how it is in the upper echelons of Immortal-Deity :lol:

I have 2 questions:

1) is there a MULTIPLAYER version of this?

2) if #1 = true; anyone here wants to play MP? :)

Has anyone else tried the Council of Elders in this version? I think it's broken, because it gives me 62 science and production when spreading to my third city.

Has anyone else tried the Council of Elders in this version? I think it's broken, because it gives me 62 science and production when spreading to my third city.
That's the way it's worked for a while. The description is a bit misleading but it's working as intended.

It has been very strong for some time now. It scales with eras too, so it's basically free techs and wonders.

There is still something very wrong with Aesthetics policy. In my games, some AI who took full Aesthetics very very quickly grab 4 policies in an ideology ...and i'm talking about 1600AD !!!! In relative terms, most other civilizations ( including mine) are starting to finish their 2nd full policy trees. This leap in culture is way out of control. I was seeing this in the november patch as well.

There is still something very wrong with Aesthetics policy. In my games, some AI who took full Aesthetics very very quickly grab 4 policies in an ideology ...and i'm talking about 1600AD !!!! In relative terms, most other civilizations ( including mine) are starting to finish their 2nd full policy trees. This leap in culture is way out of control. I was seeing this in the november patch as well.
Hmmm.. which civ is this? Ive seen massive policies lead very often by China and Poland. I think I had one game where Poland finish all of his ideaology and finish 2 extra more trees :crazyeye:...

Hmmm.. which civ is this? Ive seen massive policies lead very often by China and Poland. I think I had one game where Poland finish all of his ideaology and finish 2 extra more trees :crazyeye:...
In one game it WAS poland, which makes sense i guess given the UA, but why did you china? Anyways pretty sure its not the civ ..its the policy tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom