Status
Not open for further replies.
In one game it WAS poland, which makes sense i guess given the UA, but why did you china? Anyways pretty sure its not the civ ..its the policy tree.
China has massive culture boost if she success on conquering. China has 3 or 4 policies more than everyone else is very common, and in some case it can be a full tree. Also Poland, he gets free policies by advancing era and if he is successful, he can further that lead by a few more policies, make the gap become massive.

I reported it on Github but I still ask in here to know did anyone have this problem, and can I quickly and simply solve it by myself?

Settler bug.jpg

My settler is missed its settling button. I tried to make another but it still missing.

Attachments

• Isabella_0122 BC-0950.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
There is still something very wrong with Aesthetics policy. In my games, some AI who took full Aesthetics very very quickly grab 4 policies in an ideology ...and i'm talking about 1600AD !!!! In relative terms, most other civilizations ( including mine) are starting to finish their 2nd full policy trees. This leap in culture is way out of control. I was seeing this in the november patch as well.
/Shrug, my current game has Japan 7 policies ahead of everyone else, and he took Tradition-Fealty-Imperialism.

My November version game has Maya taking a full tree ahead with Progress-Artistry-Rationalism. He spammed missionaries against everyone and sprang way ahead with Way of the Pilgrim. Nearly everyone else being a founder on his continent (to convert back so he can convert again) probably helped too.

I thought it scaled per era by 100(so 100 * (medieval era = 2, renaissance era = 3) at 300.

I thought it scaled per era by 100(so 100 * (medieval era = 2, renaissance era = 3) at 300.

Not sure, but diplomats currently cost 700 hammers in Modern.

In terms of happiness, in my current game (playing Egypt as a Tradition/Artistry CV play). Until Industrial I pretty much stayed between -8 and -2 the vast majority of the game. This was without any serious focus on happiness management, just the occasional corrective measure. By Industrial I was able to get the Industry Finisher that gave me a tremendous boost to happy. Now in Modern, I'm at +38 happiness. I will say, that at -10% needs for all of the needs buildings, I wonder if they actually make any real difference in your happiness now, compared to the -30/-40/-50% you used to see.

Not sure, but diplomats currently cost 700 hammers in Modern.

In terms of happiness, in my current game (playing Egypt as a Tradition/Artistry CV play). Until Industrial I pretty much stayed between -8 and -2 the vast majority of the game. This was without any serious focus on happiness management, just the occasional corrective measure. By Industrial I was able to get the Industry Finisher that gave me a tremendous boost to happy. Now in Modern, I'm at +38 happiness. I will say, that at -10% needs for all of the needs buildings, I wonder if they actually make any real difference in your happiness now, compared to the -30/-40/-50% you used to see.

They do, quite a bit.

G

They do, quite a bit.

G

Did the formula for needs change in a significant way? We have buildings that use to give -30 and -50 to needs now only gives -10, so I have to assume the -10 is more impactful now than it used it be.

Finally finished my 43Civ game on huge Tectonic. Played Ahmad al Mansur.

On the happiness with this version. I had zero issues with it, didn't have a single happiness swing (like in previous versions of 20-30 swings in a turn), happiness looked more or less constant. I played with only 4 cities all the way into Modern and only then started moderate expansion.

I played mixed culture-diplo strategy. Tradition-Statecraft-Artistry-Freedom. Had full potential to add Fealty but instead went with too many ideological tenets. I had massive culture output only with 4 cities thanks to Kasbah, and thanks to building culture boosting wonders.

I was about to culture victory very early in the 19th century, had influence of 150%-200% with all 43 Civs.

Except one. Something went wrong with Egypt and the influence got stuck at 90% and rapidly decay. I did everything I can to turn the influence scale to me, and bombing Egypt with Artists. Nothing helped and the decay continued despite all my efforts. Maybe my empire was too small.

At that point I knew this means annihilation war. Only then my expansion began by annexing Egyptian cities. But, for unknown to me reasons, 2 other Civs started to suddenly decay influence over me over these warring times and always kept the balance in the 90%-95% range. Culture victory remained as always so close to trigger but so impossible.

It got nasty when they passed the ban-Morocco proposal and the cold war proposal. All the worst case scenario to achieve culture victory. All my trade routes became obsolete until the end of the game.

But thanks to the mixed culture-diplo strategy, at the end I triggered Global Domination with 83 votes v/s Gandhi's 50, and won the game in Information era.

Last edited:
Did the formula for needs change in a significant way? We have buildings that use to give -30 and -50 to needs now only gives -10, so I have to assume the -10 is more impactful now than it used it be.

I hope so, I used to rush Terracotta and Zeus just for the needs mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom