New version inbound. Changelog:

Bugs:
  • Fixed a few smaller issues pertaining to religion and AI behavior
  • Fixed a rather dumb bug in AI building production selection
  • Smaller bugs and fixes from github
Balance:

War Stuff:
  • Increased base starting supply by 1 for all difficulties
  • All difficulties get an extra unit per city at start.
  • Decreased AI supply handicap bonuses by about 10% across the board
  • Flat supply from cities now declines based on tech level - larger # of cities = lower flat total
  • Unit Supply reduction increases a bit more over time (from population)
  • Added UI element to show you just how much the tech level system is reducing your supply
  • You can now build over supply cap up to 15 (i.e. the 75% production/food cap)
  • Adjusted downwards the amount of production AI gets when you kill a unit
  • Puppet penalty for supply cap no longer affects Venice
Religion:
  • Reduced spread distance maxmimum for religion about 20%, and reduced spread efficacy base rate back to normal levels
  • Small religious change - founders no longer lose their local pantheons upon founding
Buildings:
  • Terracotta Army gains Great Wall's supply ability, whereas the Great Wall now grants a flat +3 to cap
  • Terracotta Army loses free Golden Age as a result - it goes to Notre Dame
Civs:
  • Jelling Stones: 15% GPR taken away, reduced victory bonus from 5 to 3 (matches Roman Colosseum bonus)

Online as of 12:00am EST. Technically savegame compatible, but some of the balance changes may mess with your supply cap in mysterious ways. Caveat emptor.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!yUVyHTTR!_3cn5qXk-yxKSWOS9T3saSeKw8Vtx454p7EO-slI0SA

Cheers,
Gazebo

Will test today, nice changes.

So Celts now don't lost their +3 faith from city after founding the religion?

Been looking forward to this. Been postponing a new game due to that pantheon issue.

I'm going to risk the savegame compatibility, this game is so interesting, but I'm somehow first in pop and last in soldiers. I'm optimistic about those changes, hopefully the new supply can finally hit its stride!

• Reduced spread distance maximum for religion about 20%, and reduced spread efficacy base rate back to normal levels
Can you explain what exactly this did in the past and what this change brings with it?

• Reduced spread distance maximum for religion about 20%, and reduced spread efficacy base rate back to normal levels
Can you explain what exactly this did in the past and what this change brings with it?
There were complains about cities receiving more religious pressure from foreign cities far away than closer own cities.

• Small religious change - founders no longer lose their local pantheons upon founding

Yes! This will be a good QoL change for the Celts

Jelling Stones: 15% GPR taken away, reduced victory bonus from 5 to 3 (matches Roman Colosseum bonus)

Didn't you talk about compensation with UA or UU ? because I don't think denmark deserved a nerf overall.
The UB was op because the UA is super situational and the UU is nice but not great. Now the building is not the best building anymore but their UA is still one of the worst in the game unless you only play denmark on archipelago.

I agree Denmark was a bit too strong but those nerfs make me never want to play Denmark again. UB is nearly irrelevant in early game and it won't make too much difference later. UA is very situational and UU is CRAZY OP(with enough hammers and iron) and the only reason to play Denmark now.
5 production on kill was ok but nothing gamebraking. 3 is nothing, you may as well remove it now in and I won't even notice it. 5 culture was strong but 3 is to low and that's everything Denmark has after berserker era. Basically, the only reason to play Denmark was nerfed by almost 50%!
I would rather see Roman Colosseum buffed to match Denmark and Rome UA (city retains all valid buildings after conquest) nerfed/reworked because that is what makes the AI snowball like crazy every single game. When you conquer a city, it normally takes a long time to rebuild everything but Romans have it untouched and that's crazy OP!

I agree Denmark was a bit too strong but those nerfs make me never want to play Denmark again. UB is nearly irrelevant in early game and it won't make too much difference later. UA is very situational and UU is CRAZY OP(with enough hammers and iron) and the only reason to play Denmark now.
5 production on kill was ok but nothing gamebraking. 3 is nothing, you may as well remove it now in and I won't even notice it. 5 culture was strong but 3 is to low and that's everything Denmark has after berserker era. Basically, the only reason to play Denmark was nerfed by almost 50%!
I would rather see Roman Colosseum buffed to match Denmark and Rome UA (city retains all valid buildings after conquest) nerfed/reworked because that is what makes the AI snowball like crazy every single game. When you conquer a city, it normally takes a long time to rebuild everything but Romans have it untouched and that's crazy OP!

I learn new math every day. I didn't realize 5 minus 2 equals zero. :)

There was a balance discussion on Denmark, and the evidence is pretty clear that he was very broken. That amount scales with era, Denmark during the late game got so many yields it was game breaking (several hundred bonus production several turns in a row)

Didn't you talk about compensation with UA or UU ? because I don't think denmark deserved a nerf overall.
The UB was op because the UA is super situational and the UU is nice but not great. Now the building is not the best building anymore but their UA is still one of the worst in the game unless you only play denmark on archipelago.

I think the instant culture and production nerf is good but I'm not sure why it needed to lose the bonus great person rate. Now Denmark's set up seems much more one dimensional, like the Zulu.

I think the instant culture and production nerf is good but I'm not sure why it needed to lose the bonus great person rate. Now Denmark's set up seems much more one dimensional, like the Zulu.
You couldn't play Denmark any way but war regardless. It was an unneeded boon. I'd mentioned that the UB was crazy OP for a while. With 20 cities killing 10 units in industrial gives 4000 culture. Imagine getting a social policy every turn or two in late game war, despite being 5+ social policies ahead of even the snowbally-est Deity AI. I consistently fill out my ideology and go back for 1-2 other regular trees as Denmark.

Now it's going to be a bit more sane late game. I would like to see the Berserker buffed a bit. Maybe let swordsmen upgrade to the Berserker for free? The timing was already awkward and basically prevented you from building swordsmen. (And likely costs the AI hundreds or thousands of gold per game upgrading.)

His early game was hit pretty hard, but late game was balanced.

Curious to see if anyone has had supply woes in the early game on this version. Thoughts?

Will give feedback once I wrap up my current game on the last version :)

Playing huge maps on Epic speed means I usually only play one game per patch, at least at the recent pace of updates! It's a great way to make sure each play feels fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom