• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

New Version - October 12th (10/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the reply, but I guess I should be more precise... For the coding unfriendly people, how would I go about disabling it? Is there a certain file I should be looking for?

Do a file search in the CBO, set the 1 to 0 by this text. !\MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Core Files\Core Changes\

I'm not sure the early barbs are that horrid, esp if I just let the capital city absorb one or 2 attacks on its own. I might lose a turn or 2 of something but it's not crippling

Has anyone noticed that land trade routes are being weird? They're not following roads but instead going off road even though it's the same tile distance to get to their target city

Yeah, I've noticed it. I've mentioned it, but it's not exactly a huge thing, so priority wise I don't really care. Is it bothering you?

I dont mind barbs right now, but then again i always play with raging barbs anyway. It makes the early game more exiting rather than just build build build expand stuff etc.

That being said however, exploring ruins is now a lot trickier and sometimes plain annoying.

Has anyone noticed that land trade routes are being weird? They're not following roads but instead going off road even though it's the same tile distance to get to their target city
Yes... I don't know how to build roads or villages to have maximum bonuses from the villages, because Caravans like to choose strange paths.

Yes... I don't know how to build roads or villages to have maximum bonuses from the villages, because Caravans like to choose strange paths.

Wait, caravans get bonuses by crossing villages? I didnt know that ...

so i wanted try new game with EUI and finally get use with it, but i couldnt even end first turn due to some idling unit button.

Yeah, I've noticed it. I've mentioned it, but it's not exactly a huge thing, so priority wise I don't really care. Is it bothering you?
Well yeah, the caravans are just going right past my towns and villages. It's not even like they are taking a shorter path. I have a 4 tile road directly to a city but they are using the 4 tiles adjacent to travel

Well yeah, the caravans are just going right past my towns and villages. It's not even like they are taking a shorter path. I have a 4 tile road directly to a city but they are using the 4 tiles adjacent to travel

Makes sense, I forget about the caravans and towns/villages logic. There is a good reason for it to be corrected.

Is there a river tile where the caravan goes? Caravans use less movement points on river than on road IIRC.

so i wanted try new game with EUI and finally get use with it, but i couldnt even end first turn due to some idling unit button.

I have had this happen a few times, saving and reloading fixed it for me

Is there a river tile where the caravan goes? Caravans use less movement points on river than on road IIRC.
The road and the path that the caravan goes both cross a river but neither one follows a river

Im sure i remember in one of the old threads you said you were doing a full rework on siege units?

Have i missed that, is it still in the pipelines or is it scrapped? Or am i pulling stuff out my ass

Im sure i remember in one of the old threads you said you were doing a full rework on siege units?

Have i missed that, is it still in the pipelines or is it scrapped? Or am i pulling stuff out my ass

Not sure if thou hath found the idea in thy derriere, for I cannot recall whether or not Gooseby was working on this.

I hope the thread with the idea is scrapped myself, it was a bad thread. The worst one. 1 movement siege units is the very definition of "not fun" (check a dictionary, I'm not lying) and would warrant some city defense building reductions pretty much just a moment after all of them were buffed because cities would become too hard to get both for AI and player alike with just Walls.

It'd be better to just reduce Siege ranged strength while improving its city damage promo so its worse against units/archers, but remains cruel against cities. or just give it a promo granting it -X% damage against land units. Or just leave it as is.

Not sure if thou hath found the idea in thy derriere, for I cannot recall whether or not Gooseby was working on this.

I hope the thread with the idea is scrapped myself, it was a bad thread. The worst one. 1 movement siege units is the very definition of "not fun" (check a dictionary, I'm not lying) and would warrant some city defense building reductions pretty much just a moment after all of them were buffed because cities would become too hard to get both for AI and player alike with just Walls.

It'd be better to just reduce Siege ranged strength while improving its city damage promo so its worse against units/archers, but remains cruel against cities. or just give it a promo granting it -X% damage against land units. Or just leave it as is.

I'm playing with some of the proposed changes. They are fun, and are not bad at all.

The road and the path that the caravan goes both cross a river but neither one follows a river
Most of the time, caravans do the sane thing, but I have seen what @Bromar1 is talking about. The caravan chooses the path that crosses two rivers and goes over a forested hill (same number of tiles, no following of the river) and avoids the road. What I don't know is if the road path was threatened at the point the caravan made the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom