News: SGOTM 14 Sign-up Thread

Joining...
3) Team Elite if we get promoted another time...
I think we earned promotion to elite with the second place in SG13, but to get to elite* we'll need to actually win an SGOTM?

1. Deity
2. 3 SGOTMs played
3. Team Elite

Hey, guys! Only 18 players? Where is everyone?

Ok, let's try if I still remember how to play.

1.) In former times everything was possible
2.) played a bit ;)
3.) maybe a few people want to play with me :)

Signing up for Team Klarius (whether he admits that it still exists or not ;)).

since Team klarius is back in the game, I will join them

Not sure whether I should do this, but sign me up.

1. emperor maybe
2. yes
3. Spooks (if they'll take me)

Here's the current state of the teams, based on your stated preferences so far.

22 players, which is only enough for four teams maximum, in my view. Spooks could probably stay as they are, but the other six groups need to combine into three unless there are other players who have still to declare.

You may want to try to achieve your preferred partnerships by discussion and negotiation. I'll finish the job to list the final teams by Wednesday in my usual arbitrary way :mischief:

This looks fun, though I'm still kind of confused what a SGOTM is.

1. Warlord, but don't play much anymore
2. Yes
3. Smurkz or Unallocated

Note: Will not be turn player

SGOTM= Succession Game (Of The Month), though that last bit's somewhat questionable. :)

The basic principle is: Team is one civ. One person plays 10 turns, next person plays next 10 turns, etc. Obviously there's a lot of team discussion involved.

And I think "Team Unallocated" is just a cool name. We invite others to join us. :)

1) Emperor
2) First Time
3) Spookz

Dont expect me to play all the time ;)

This looks fun, though I'm still kind of confused what a SGOTM is.
Check out the SGOTM Reference Thread, which is linked in the first post in this thread and in my sig. Also, look at some of the previous team threads to see the level of debate - some of it quite educational - that goes on as teams develop and execute their strategies.

... though that last bit's somewhat questionable

I'm not sure why you question it. :confused: This one will be the succession game of the month of October 2008. Is it my fault that the teams insist on taking six months to play it instead of one? :p

It actually started out as a vehicle for replaying some of the classic old GOTM maps as succession games. So if you prefer, consider it as an extension of the GOTM competition series, playing to the same rules and conditions of play as the GOTM competitions.

Check out the SGOTM Reference Thread, which is linked in the first post in this thread and in my sig. Also, look at some of the previous team threads to see the level of debate - some of it quite educational - that goes on as teams develop and execute their strategies.

Is it anything like a MTDG?

A sad day, but I must report the end of the Civ3 section of Team Smurkz. CommandoBob is free to join up with another team, and I will retract my own signup (which was really mostly done for the sake of the now non-existing team). Please remove me from the list AlanH.

Good luck to all the teams and players! See you all in Civ4 land, if/when you get there. :)

Is it anything like a MTDG?

Not quite.

As I understand it, an MTDG is a multi-player game where each team plays one of the Civs, and the game save is passed from team to team.

An SGOTM is a Single Player Succession Game, played by several teams in parallel. Each team starts from a separate copy of the same start file, and each team member plays a set of turns in succession. When the games are finished or retired, we compare the performances of the teams, and award laurels for the winning team. GOTM rules apply, so no replaying is allowed within a team, and only the active player is allowed to play forward from the latest team save.

A sad day, but I must report the end of the Civ3 section of Team Smurkz. CommandoBob is free to join up with another team, and I will retract my own signup (which was really mostly done for the sake of the now non-existing team). Please remove me from the list AlanH.

Good luck to all the teams and players! See you all in Civ4 land, if/when you get there. :)

Sorry to see the end of a Green era. I hope CommandoBob will stick around?

1) Emperor
2) First Time
3) Spookz

Dont expect me to play all the time ;)
Rodent, do not take this personally but unless on our team there's the one player you've always wanted to play in a team with (or one of us directly invited you) I'd suggest you chose a different team shorter of players...

I'd like to keep that half spot still open in our team available for one of those 5%-chances of former Spooks players out there I did not get any answers from yet...

edit: That's disappointing, Niklas. A great era is ending... :sad:

Top Bottom