News: SGOTM 22 Sign up Thread - Caput Mundi

23 and counting :)

When does Fall start, leif? Labor Day is Sept 7, so I guess we could get started then.

If there's a bit more agreement to play the game, I think we can stick with all the usual laurels. Just gold and wood would seem a bit mean, and gold, silver and wood would leave one team out in the cold.

When does Fall start, leif? Labor Day is Sept 7, so I guess we could get started then.
When it finally starts cooling off around here. Hot and humid is getting old! :)

If there's a bit more agreement to play the game, I think we can stick with all the usual laurels. Just gold and wood would seem a bit mean, and gold, silver and wood would leave one team out in the cold.
Someone will end up with Wooden Spoons and a laurel. :yup:

Still be someone in the cold, probably me! :lol:

May i suggest to keep the sign up open 'til 09/15 and start the game in some way?
Maybe we can arrive to 6 teams, FE seems crowded but i guess someone will just lurk, myself included probably.

Then i'm afraid this competition will end after almost 10 years.
An incredible spawn of time for a competition based on a game. I'm happy and proud to have taken part in this since almost its beginning, with a "filrouge" to thank for his firm kindness and availability: AlanH

Thanks for your kind comments.

Unless you know some secret, I don't see how we can get another 10-12 players in the next two weeks. If we are going to play this game, I think we have to go with what we have.

With 23 players, FE is at the right number of players. I can distribute the unallocated players across the others to make four teams of five/six players each. If you have any preferred assignments, please speak up now.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Unless you know some secret, I don't see how we can get another 10-12 players in the next two weeks. If we are going to play this game, I think we have to go with what we have.

With 23 players, FE is at the right number of players. I can distribute the unallocated players across the others to make four teams of five/six players each. If you have any preferred assignments, please speak up now.

Thanks for the admin of all these games for the past years; hope this is not the final one though!

If there is a shortage of a single player to balance out the teams, I could possibly get my younger brother to join (although I guess we would have to be on the same team to avoid confusion/ensure no risk of cheating, etc..). He's currently a Monarch player, but is improving.

Funnily, 5 of the 8 unallocated players are members of U'nu'sual S'us'pec'ts/Apostrophes/Other variants of it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What about merging MGN with TTFKAPR or X team? Happy to have MGN if they want us. :)
Then have the unusual misfit/Apostrophe 5 reform? Least they have all played together!

Just a thought.

With the delayed start I will be able to find some time to play to. So I'm in just put me on any team.

Let us start now. And keep all the laurels. Victory for everyone.

If we would wait half a year we are more likely to have less players then more. People wanting to play now will move on to other things.

Lets just go. Enough talk, time for some action-

We now have 27 signed up players. Enough for up to five teams - maybe we can find a few more players?

I've adjusted the timetable in the first post:

Team threads open September 8
Start files available September 12
Final save submission by December 31

Well, unfortunately I still can not get Buffy to load properly to allow me to play SGOTM or HOF. So unless someone knows some magic, I will need to be removed or at least my team will need to be aware that I will not be able to play turns.

I'm ready to get started.

Can we bump the finish date out a week? The last week of the year is no doubt a busy time for everyone. Plus, if it comes down to a last-minute finish, I'd rather not be doing it on New Year's Eve.

Oh boy, somebody are bringing out the big guns on the eve of battle :lol:

Maybe you'll need them.
Nice to see we got some last minute players :goodjob:

Time for me to rewrite the whole opening post. I hope we'll have a nice contest, and that the game will be an interesting challenge for everyone. :satan:

Top Bottom