News: Vanilla C-IV SGOTM 05 Sign-up Thread

Alan,

Add me to the Xteam as a lurker. I'm unsure if I'll have enough time to play.

Hey, that's why you pay me the big bucks! ;) :lol:

(you can remove this after you've had your chuckle!)

dV

so am I getting a piece of that money you get from Alan, dV? ;)

I have been approached by the Fifth Element for assistance in their quest to achieve another wooden spoon. :dubious: Please add me to their team.

Which level (noble, monarch, etc.) are you comfortable playing in a solo game?
Emperor (good starting position), Monarch (Bad starting position)

Have you played any Civ4 GOTM games before?
Yes

Have you played any succession games or SGOTM before?
No

Do you have a group of players you want to play with?
No, put me into a team please

Count me in for the Smurkz team, as a player if they do not mind to skip me until mid-august, or as a lurker if not. I'd love to see what this game will be like....

@Wotan: Time to join the enemy eh? ;) You're most welcome. :)

@unkle: Of course we want you along! We'll skip you in the start, no worries. :)

Hope I'm not too late.

I would like to join team One Short Straw(again).

TDK

Which level (noble, monarch, etc.) are you comfortable playing in a solo game? Noble

Have you played any Civ4 GOTM games before? Yes, but never submitted

Have you played any succession games or SGOTM before? No.

Do you have a group of players you want to play with? Mac team, if possible.

The Wheel of Fortune has turned, and below are the 15 proposed team lists for this game.

Note that there are two self-selected teams with nine active players - Fifth Element and Gypsy Kings. In my view this is a high number, with a danger of players losing focus in between turn sets. If anyone wants to jump ship from those teams, or if I have trodden on any toes when allocating players, or if you want any team name changes, please PM me asap with your requests for change.

The Mac team is still below critical mass at four players. They will require some special mod development to deal with the barb requirements for this game. I am doing this work, in the hope that they can find a couple more players.

I shall open the team threads in 24 hours, giving a little time for any last minute changes you want to make before you all get committed to private team discussions.

If Smurkz still wants me, maybe I should switch to them instead, to balance out the teams a little better. I agree that 9 seems like a lot, while Smurkz is a bit short.

@DaviddesJ: No objections here. :)

Done. DaviddesJ gets a free transfer to Smurkz. (I.e. I saw no transfer fee change hands :rolleyes: )

I believe unkle is withdrawing from Smurkz (per their SGOTM 04 thread). [EDIT: I see he's joining but will skip the early turns, no worries.]

I will only take notice of sign-ups or resignations posted here. You can comment on your SGOTM 5 availability in other threads or forums until your finger nails bleed, and I will ignore you :D

[UPDATE] And no sooner did I say that than I've accepted a sign-up in the Mac forum from willpax for the Mac team. Needs must when the devil drives, I guess. :rolleyes: Sooooo, now they are five, and it looks like I'll have to get my Python hat on to fix them up with a barb-friendly version of the Mac HoF Mod!

Top Bottom