Next Fantasy War (BtS)

Some fixes for you

thx alot, but now beware, do not go into the WB at all it goes to desktop for some reason??

No problem here I can get into WB

When in the WB try going EXIT TO MAIN MENU, thats where it messes up??????

The fix you have for the XML dont fit in this MOD???:blush:
ie: ArtDef Civ the battle_flag i have is correct??
CivInfo, (America you have Artstyle: USA(in the VD stuff), mine is correct: EUROPEAN
there is no VD_CivInfo that i can find??

Or am i missing some (as usual) LOL?

I have tried screwing with this mod for like half an hour and it looks like i really good mod but once i got the thing to load (It kept on crashing with anything bigger then a huge map) I didn't have a HUD at all. I could control everything i just didn't have any HUD. I'm running VISTA if that has anything to do with it (Ya i know it sucks but i don't have anything else at the moment)

Oooh, new version, gonna download it and i hope i have time to test it in this weekend. :D

Thx alot people like you are the reason i keep going, and thx for d/ling:goodjob:

I have tried screwing with this mod for like half an hour and it looks like i really good mod but once i got the thing to load (It kept on crashing with anything bigger then a huge map) I didn't have a HUD at all. I could control everything i just didn't have any HUD. I'm running VISTA if that has anything to do with it (Ya i know it sucks but i don't have anything else at the moment)

Just found out that it takes over 5-8 minutes sometimes to load a gigantic map, so just be patient if your going to play that big ok.:rolleyes:

I need some of YOU to send me what you'll think would be a GOOD pic/LH for Lizards, and if you could also find some flags also, that would be great, i need about five LH's and the same for flags thx. Post them here!!!!

Just found out that it takes over 5-8 minutes sometimes to load a gigantic map, so just be patient if your going to play that big ok.:rolleyes:

I think you didn`t get the point. If I (or the poster before) tries to make a gigantic map, then after around two minutes the musik stops (which is not so bad at all ;-) and you hear that typical "womp"-sound of a windows popup. This popup reads:

If I take a smaller map, I get a game started, but I have no HUD. I am also not able to open any window of the game. That means, that I cannot open the research overview, the diplomatic screen, ... . The only thing I can open is the [ESC]-game menu. Example:

I still can controll the units by mouse and keyboard. If I try to open city perspective, the map goes into the normal city perspective, but again no HUD or menus appear. I also can not change the fields to be used by the city.

I tried with the "fractal" and "terra" map types. I have Win XP SP2 and "Civilisation IV complete". I never tried to update anything then Bts itself...

Greatings, sepruecom

I think you didn`t get the point. If I (or the poster before) tries to make a gigantic map, then after around two minutes the musik stops (which is not so bad at all ;-) and you hear that typical "womp"-sound of a windows popup. This popup reads:
If I take a smaller map, I get a game started, but I have no HUD. I am also not able to open any window of the game. That means, that I cannot open the research overview, the diplomatic screen, ... . The only thing I can open is the [ESC]-game menu. Example:
I still can controll the units by mouse and keyboard. If I try to open city perspective, the map goes into the normal city perspective, but again no HUD or menus appear. I also can not change the fields to be used by the city.
I tried with the "fractal" and "terra" map types. I have Win XP SP2 and "Civilisation IV complete". I never tried to update anything then Bts itself...

Greatings, sepruecom

ok this has a dll so it has to be updated to the current update 3.13 (but dont get the 3.02 update it will mess up Civ4) to work.
Also try d/ling the newer version also, just stay away from any map bigger than Huge. Infact i never play on a map larger than Large. Its gets to bogged down latter in the game otherwise. (Just my opinion.):rolleyes:

My version:

I think, this is version 3.13. I ran the program-internal update (options/update), and it does not have any newer version since then. I am quite new at civ and bought the complete version (with vanilla civIV, warlords, bts), installed them at once, started bts and ran an update. That was two month ago, afaik since then no new patches appeared...

Greatings, sepruecom

My version:

I think, this is version 3.13. I ran the program-internal update (options/update), and it does not have any newer version since then. I am quite new at civ and bought the complete version (with vanilla civIV, warlords, bts), installed them at once, started bts and ran an update. That was two month ago, afaik since then no new patches appeared...

Greatings, sepruecom

I must have mis-read your statement above, thats why i said something about 3.13.

Well then, i suggest just playing on Huge maps or smaller. Also did you get the newest version of NFW? I will get rid of any change for bigger maps in the next version. It loads ten times faster than before.

no problem;)

I got the mod today, and the main problem is the fact, that I don't have a hud, so playing the game gets impossible. No windows appear, so if I press [F1]...[F10], nothing happens. I know, that there is a key to hide the HUD, but this key does not work either. I am still able to contoll units by mouse or by keyboard, so if I press , the settler makes a new village and with [R] the builders build a road...

I really like to play your mod, because it is interesting and got tons of new features, but this way it does not work :)

Greatings, sepruecom

no problem;)

I got the mod today, and the main problem is the fact, that I don't have a hud, so playing the game gets impossible. No windows appear, so if I press [F1]...[F10], nothing happens. I know, that there is a key to hide the HUD, but this key does not work either. I am still able to contoll units by mouse or by keyboard, so if I press , the settler makes a new village and with [R] the builders build a road...

I really like to play your mod, because it is interesting and got tons of new features, but this way it does not work :)

Greatings, sepruecom

If you put it in the same folder as the Charlemagne and other mods, ie(AfterWorld, Broken Star, FinalFrontier etc), that came with BtS, you should have no problem at all? I guess i just dont understand?:rolleyes: There is nothing special about this mod than the others when loading??:confused:

well, I just tried to copy it into the (of course copied) directory of charlemagne, and the result was desasterous, after 10 xml-errors I got back to desktop.

I tried to install it again, and it did not work. I don't even get the options window, if I try to open it from the [ESC]-Menu. If I open the world editor, then I don't get the unit setting window...

Language is english, and all the other mods worked normally, means NextWar, Gods of the Old, Better Tomorrow, Real Epic (at warlords of course), Broken Star, Age of Ice, Defense...

Greatings, sepruecom

well, I just tried to copy it into the (of course copied) directory of charlemagne, and the result was desasterous, after 10 xml-errors I got back to desktop.

I tried to install it again, and it did not work. I don't even get the options window, if I try to open it from the [ESC]-Menu. If I open the world editor, then I don't get the unit setting window...

Language is english, and all the other mods worked normally, means NextWar, Gods of the Old, Better Tomorrow, Real Epic (at warlords of course), Broken Star, Age of Ice, Defense...

Greatings, sepruecom

Only thing i can suggest then is write in the Technical Support section and see what they think is wrong, cause i know its not the mod.:blush:

btw thx for at least trying this!

I have this issue too, I have it with the overlord mod too. all other mods I have tried (a lot of them) load fine.

both don't load the GUI on vista machines as best I can tell. The guy who makes overlord say he is working on the issue and will have a fix for next update, maybe you could talk to him?

Tried every suggestion you have and still have the same problem as the poster above.

If you don't feel like looking into it, its cool, but it seems like some alteration overlord and this mod have in common, when used on a Vista machine, that is causing the error, not bts or the way people are installing the mods.

It does not depend on vista, i have xp.

@ escape: Which language version do you have (i mean by default, not changed by option settings)?

Greatings, sepruecom

I have this issue too, I have it with the overlord mod too. all other mods I have tried (a lot of them) load fine.
both don't load the GUI on vista machines as best I can tell. The guy who makes overlord say he is working on the issue and will have a fix for next update, maybe you could talk to him?
If you don't feel like looking into it, its cool, but it seems like some alteration overlord and this mod have in common, when used on a Vista machine, that is causing the error, not bts or the way people are installing the mods.

OK i talked to Overlord and he said try what Commander Bello put in his post for him (cvpath.py) and if that doesnt work, he will look at my mod in a week or so. Post # 859.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=236605&page=43

Just replace my Cvpath with that one, its in the Python folder and in the subfolder INIParser.

Let me know how its works, or not.

Top Bottom