Next patch anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
whenever it comes i hope any patch increases diplomacy options, such as bullying a weaker power to start a proxy war with someone you dont want to fight directly, and options to back off other nations from attacking your city states.

whenever it comes i hope any patch increases diplomacy options, such as bullying a weaker power to start a proxy war with someone you dont want to fight directly, and options to back off other nations from attacking your city states.
I fear that improved diplomacy would be a very good reason to buy an expansion and thus we'll have to wait for that until one of them is released. Maybe in combination with a new diplomatic victory.

I think stuff as complex as starting proxy wars would be part of an expansion (that said, great idea), but I do hope for simple stuff like asking people to declare war on someone, at the very least declared friends. You can ask for a joint war, but if, for example, England declares war on you, you cannot ask your declared friend Rome to declare war on England, not even in exchange for half your kingdom (and your daughter). You just gotta hope Rome decides it's expansionistic enough to do it without your asking (which, in my game, was luckily the case).

i would hope you wouldn't have to ask if they are your allies - what else are alliances for? they are for mutual defence in the main. or so i understood things.

I played the hell out of Alpha Centauri, but never ever did I see vassals in it. Loved them in Civ IV. And Firaxis, if you read this: I want Alpha Centauri II. I'll give you money for it ;-)

I played the hell out of Alpha Centauri, but never ever did I see vassals in it. Loved them in Civ IV.
They didn't call it vassals in Alpha Centauri, but if you were winning a war and a faction was down to their last few cities they would offer a lot of energy, techs and a permanent alliance with you in charge of their foreign policy.

And Firaxis, if you read this: I want Alpha Centauri II. I'll give you money for it ;-)
Firaxis is owned by Take2 and the rights to Alpha Centauri are owned by EA. Unless one publisher eats the other or EA has to sell their intellectual property Alpha Centauri 2 is not going to happen.

Well it did happen and they called it Beyond Earth.

There were superficial similarities, but BE was much closer to Civ 5 than to SMAC. The tone wasn't nearly as dark there, was no terraforming, no unit design, no government system, nothing like psi combat...

Having said that, I wouldn't mind a Beyond Earth 2 in the future. The game mechanics of Civ 6 are a much better base for a SF spinoff than Civ 5 was.

Vassal system please! Just like in Alpha Centauri.

Not going to happen in a patch or DLC. That's fodder for an expansion. Unless it's some civ's unique ability like Poland's border bomb, but I think that would be unsatisfactory.

Not going to happen in a patch or DLC. That's fodder for an expansion. Unless it's some civ's unique ability like Poland's border bomb, but I think that would be unsatisfactory.

Very.

Maybe next Monday. Possibly Friday?. Here's hoping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom