Next patch anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`ll think there will be an announcement of the next big patch/dlc couple of days in advance.
So i dont have much hope it will come out this week. Very low chance perhaps Friday if we hear anything today.
Such a shame as i have not played civ 6 in about a month.

Well they didn't announce the previous patch nor the latest DLC that included Poland and Viking Scenario. So if they continue that course, they will probably not announce anything, but it will just be available or download on steam one day.

I'm hoping for some AI fix this week. I have holidays now, so even the tiniest improvement might get me to reinstall the game (last time I played Civ6 was three months ago which makes me sad).

I expect to be disappointed in whatever shows up.

I used to have very low expectations so that I am never disappointed. But here I can't help thinking it will still be disappointing, like just fixing the sentry button + 2 DLC.

Fixing that sentry bug is #1 with me.
I would also like to see the routine of placing your spy in a home city changed. I find every few turns I get asked what to do it and I have to reset.
I find it irritating. If the AI must constantly ask at least give me a 'no change' button.

I just want some simple stuff - a Hall of Fame and sticky setup settings (along with everything else others are suggesting, of course).

I don't know if this is fair, but I tend to associate a company's willingness to talk about their upcoming projects with a person's willingness to talk about themselves. If they're happy and enthusiastic about something, they'll talk endlessly. If they're unhappy/nervous/uncomfortable about something, they don't like to talk.

It's also pretty easy to tell the difference between a company that enthusiastically pitches it's projects and the ones that go through the motions of the mechanical hype train. Firaxis seems to be the latter.

It
I don't know if this is fair, but I tend to associate a company's willingness to talk about their upcoming projects with a person's willingness to talk about themselves. If they're happy and enthusiastic about something, they'll talk endlessly. If they're unhappy/nervous/uncomfortable about something, they don't like to talk.

It's also pretty easy to tell the difference between a company that enthusiastically pitches it's projects and the ones that go through the motions of the mechanical hype train. Firaxis seems to be the latter.

It's 2K that handles the publishing and marketing, not Firaxis. That is who you should pick your fights with. They are the ones that order silence.

Or maybe everyone in the devt team are so busy they cannot share anything at the moment with the marketing / social media team?

Or maybe everyone in the devt team are so busy they cannot share anything at the moment with the marketing / social media team?
2K does have a monopoly on official communication, but Pete did say last week that they are too busy to livestream at the moment, which does make your point.

In these situations, marketing / social media decides when to release something, not the developers, and so the developers already know there's no point in thinking about what THEY think is the right thing to do, at any point, b /c they will be told by marketing when it is time to do something. In other words, even if the devs weren't busy, they wouldn't be bugging marketing/social media b/c marketing/social media does not care what the developers think.

..., but Pete did say last week that they are too busy to livestream at the moment, which does make your point.

Yeah, its time for the Minoans:D

Yeah, its time for the Minoans:D

I feel like ancient civilizations are pretty well represented in this game already at the moment, with Scythia, Sumeria and Egypt on 20 total. The only one that might be worth adding to that would, imo, be Persia, and they're partial classical era too. (Egypt too, but they were never a powerhouse in those times, while Persia was).

upload_2017-2-14_18-15-10.png

If the 2K QA doesn't update today, it could be a patch day for PC only. Yesterday the 2K QA build updated in the morning instead of the afternoon, which was unusual, but not this morning. In addition, the game packages and SDK all updated yesterday.

The only thing missing from the puzzle is achievements.

If the 2K QA build doesn't update by 5pm Eastern, I might get excited.

Fixing that sentry bug is #1 with me..

This bug is making me crazy, another one is that we do not know which city can shoot at the enemy. It is not fun to realise that some city state/s in the middle of your territory, on another continent passed by several cities unnoticed just to pillage yours capital production and science districts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom