NFL 2008 Playoffs

Failadelphia will hopefully find a way to choke in the NFC Championship again.

I'm hoping next season can go to the Giants...this was crushing. :( A great start to the season but a total flop at the end!

As a Pats fan all I can say is
Spoiler :
HA HA:rotfl:

Failadelphia will hopefully find a way to choke in the NFC Championship again.

I don't know. Can the Cards get another 4 turnovers so their D doesn't look like garbage or will they play like they did in the last 5 weeks of the season?

Jim Johnson keeps bailing out McNabb and delaying the glorious reign of King Kolb. This is the biggest worry I would have if I were an Eagles fan,

yeah so if the iggles had lost ONE game mcnabb and reid would have been gone. they won and they are more than safe.

im hoping for the battle of the birds to go to the cards, and then have them face the ravens in the sb. it would be hilarious if the cards won, but the ravens deserve it. steelers have won very recently and i dislike the eagles, so...

Jim Johnson keeps bailing out McNabb and delaying the glorious reign of King Kolb. This is the biggest worry I would have if I were an Eagles fan,
:lol: to be completely frank, i'm amazed at what has transpired over the last 6 weeks. i mean, yes, mcnabb and reid have had their shortcomings (i've been one of mcnabb's biggest critics). however, i'm eating crow now...and liking it! very much!!

I'm rooting for the Cards now too. :)
Warner's HOF credentials have 1 big problem: Too few great years: 3 good/great years with the Rams. 2 with the Cards. Is that enough for the HOF? I don't know. Will depend on the other candidates when he comes up for consideration, I guess

:lol: :crazyeye:

You're letting your Cowboy-preference cloud your opinion.
The man's got a 82-44-1 regular season record. His season averages are almost 3000 passing yards, 19 TD's and 9 INTs. He's a very good QB. Better than Romo... ;) At least he can win in december and january (even though he hasn't won the big one. But then again, neither have 90% of the other active QB's)...
And his 9-5 record in the playoffs is pretty damn good too, averaging over 225 passing yards per game and more TD's than INT's.

I really don't understand why McNabb bashing is so popular. He is one of the best QB's in the league. Philly would be nuts to let him go after the season (as was speculated after his benching), but if they do at least a dozen teams should be lining up to sign him! I'd love to have him on the Rams. :)

If the cards play the ravens it would be like the 85 superbowl. Ravens 40 cards-3

Did you guys see in the ravnes game where on one of the extra points one of the defenders ran right past the kicker before he even had a chance to kick it? I've never seen that before, of course he was way offsides but it was bizarre anyway.

mcnabb is rewriting his legacy one road playoff win at a time!! can you believe this, King?!

I'm loving it. Of course this means that everything I did last week I have to do the exact same thing this week. That means I have to wear my westbrook jersey into the office again today. One of my teams might actually win something while I'm alive! And aren't you the spoiled Philly fan ;)

Jim Johnson keeps bailing out McNabb and delaying the glorious reign of King Kolb.

I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but I'm not looking forward to when Mcnabb leaves. Darkness basically gave you the reasons why. Unless your name is Tom Brady odds are you haven't QB'd a team to a win in the superbowl this decade.

I'm glad we've never let Jim Johnson go, or he has no interest. He plays defense just how I like it, blitz blitz blitz. He' probably my favorite person on the whole team.

Round 2 finished, and the Cardinals are proving to be more formidable than many wanted to give them credit for. I'm astounded not only because they won, but because they won so handily. Time to correct my predictions. Again.

AFC Wild Card Round
Colts @ Chargers Correct
Ravens @ Dolphins Oh so wrong

NFC Wild Card Round
Falcons @ Cardinals Incorrect
Eagles @ Vikings Correct

AFC Divisional Round
Chargers @ Steelers Correct
Ravens @ Titans Correct

NFC Divisional Round
Cardinals @ Panthers What in blazes?!?
Eagles @ Giants Incorrect

AFC Championship
Ravens @ Steelers

NFC Championship
Eagles @ Cardinals

Super Bowl XLIII (Bird Bowl I)
Ravens vs Eagles

I still can't bring myself to pick the Cardinals, despite the skill they have shown in the playoffs. I keep expecting them to start acting like the Cardinals again and lose.

With the Dolphins out, I want to see the Eagles win. I think McNabb gets a lot of undeserved flak, especially from Philly fans, and would like to see him win one. They seem to hold up the fact that he has never won the Super Bowl for them as evidence that he sucks. Marino never won the Super Bowl either, and he is regarded as one of the greats.

I'm kinda iffy on the Ravens offense right now. I'm still not certain if they can win the big game. The offense's greatest quality seems to be not screwing up. That will get them to the Super Bowl, but I don't think that will win it for them. I'll have to see how they perform against the Steelers. If any team in the playoffs is going to force them to make a mistake, it's them. If the Ravens offense can handle the Steelers with the same nonchalantness that they showed in the Dolphins & Titans games, I might be convinced.

Ravens @ Steelers - After 16 straight weeks, the Ravens might be a bit tired. Regardless of the outcome, there will be injuries that will affect the team that goes to the playoffs.
Eagles @ Cardinals - I think this is the Cardinals year. Kurt Warner is one of the underrated QBs this season, along with Phillip Rivers (highest QB rating) and Drew Brees (5,000 passing yards).

Cardinals @ Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh (or even the Ravens if they make it) just aren't going to be healthy enough.

yeah, King :) they're lovin' it in philly right now. as chris berman said, the eagles are playing w/ house money right now. so every step they take is like a little bonus.

mcnabb has been rightly demonized in the philly area over the years for his maddening inconsistencies and his inabilities to win big games (although that has been lessened some over the last few weeks). sure he has great numbers and has won a good deal in his career. however, there have been some not-so-shining moments is his possible h-o-f career that have been terribly hard to overlook. despite this, at the end of the day, the 'just win' fan base will (and has) embrace him, warts and all.

I really don't understand why McNabb bashing is so popular. He is one of the best QB's in the league. Philly would be nuts to let him go after the season (as was speculated after his benching), but if they do at least a dozen teams should be lining up to sign him! I'd love to have him on the Rams. :)

It really does seem that Pilly fans like going after the flaws in their local sports figures (with the possible exceptions of Mike Schmidt and
Julius Erving). I suppose this is because historically the Philly teams aren't
often competitive, but I'll see what EJ has to say...

Of course I'm being sarcastic, I'm chidin El Justo because he has wanted McFlabb run out of town since 2004 :p

No way he is HoF worthy though IMO. The one quote of Skip Bayless that was ever worth a damn, "It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Very Good"

Did you guys see in the ravnes game where on one of the extra points one of the defenders ran right past the kicker before he even had a chance to kick it? I've never seen that before, of course he was way offsides but it was bizarre anyway.

well, the bizarre thing was that he was offside by one or even two yards.
not that he was that fast. :lol:

heh, i've been very critical of mcnabb. but i've never supported sending him away...i mean, the alternatives have and never will be all that appealing; and i am a realist, not one of those knuckleheads from kensington who cries for mcnabb's head on a silver plate and for Azale's boy Kolb to be inserted :p so on that note, it's all been a public beeyatch session for me :)

as for Serutan's commments - yeah, sort of. however, schmidt was indeed villified while in philly. trust me - i remember it. he took a great deal of flak for a perceived (fair or unfair?) lack of passion - or a sense of nonchalance that just doesn't sit well w/ the blue collar philly fan base. yes, he was (and still is imho, a-rod notwithtanding) the best 3B of all time. and us philly fans certainly recognize that. i should also say that schmidt's time in philly was pretty successful, especially w/ the WS trophy in '80 (save for his first few years). i am sort of ambivalent on it all...i liked schmidt as a player but his personality - or the persona he gave off (and continues to give off) was like a wet blanket. so this is probably why philly never fully embraced him as one of their 'own' (so to speak). on a sidenote, i met him a few times and to be frank, he was quite the prlck :D but that is just one man's encounter.

erving's image in philly is completely untarnished. others like this probably include reggie white, steve carlton, robin roberts, definitely richie ashburn (perhaps the most beloved baseball player of all time in philly), norm van broklin, chuck bednarik, bernie parent, and perhaps even chase utley. allen iverson was adored here, too. he is the quintessential philly player who wears his heart on his sleeve and busts his rump every night (or give the appearance that he is unlike many).

Philly has had some great players. One of the best DE's ever in reggie white, one of the best wr's in chris carter (I know, not really), best 3b ever in schmidt, one of the best pitchers ever in carlton. not bad.

No way he is HoF worthy though IMO.

kurt Warner's 3 years of greatness are HoF worthy though?

Chieftess you have picked against the Eagles every week! Where is the love?

If you guys had Chris Carter, then Jimmy Smith and Deion Sanders are ours fullstop.

Also, I'm finding a way to get to Terrell Owens' HoF ceremony :p

Top Bottom