No space victory in 1.55???

AndarielHalo

Prince
Before I upgrade, I need to finish off this campaign in 1.55. So I struggled strenuously through a painfully boring campaign until I finished a spaceship. To help pass the time, I dedicated all my cities to building wealth, then building nukes of all kinds to nuke random civilizations for fun.

Then my spaceship arrived, apparently, as it was previously at 1 turn to victory, then the counter was gone. And my campaign is still going.

What's happened? There's no space victory here for the Aztecs?

Have you the Mastery Victory Condition enabled (Is so by default)? If yes you only can win by Time or by Conquest and all other wining conditions only affect your score.

:):):):). I guess it is.

Related note: Will nuking the piss out of my enemies and making them all my vassals secure me a victory? Or will I have to nuke them out of existence?

Better get busy building peace makers, fusion novas, plague bringers and YAMs for an easier conquest :lol:
NOTE: build as many YAMs as you can, they instantly grab the city they land on OR build as many fusion novas as you can, just wipe 'em off the face of the world.

Actually, I don't have the Master Victory conditiono enabled. At least, I don't think so. I nuked everyone into submission but it has not ended yet

I've reached the domination limit for both land and population, but it still won't end.

It sounds like you do have Mastery Victory on. You can check in the info screen, it will show all victory types and game options enabled.

Don't worry, launching the space ship is not for naught in Mastery Victory, it should give you a healthy 100 point boost.

I did look at the info screen. There was no "Master" anything that I saw. And there still isn't an end to the game despite my owning all the other civilizations

I did look at the info screen. There was no "Master" anything that I saw. And there still isn't an end to the game despite my owning all the other civilizations

See, that's exactly why I think you are playing Mastery Victory. There is a bug 1.55 where Mastery Victory requires you either kill everyone including vassals, or reach the end of time. I fixed it pretty early in the 1.60beta's.

It's simple to check if you're playing Mastery victory. Look at F8 and see if it presents you with your civilisation score, how that score is made up and the scores of the other civilisations.

If it does, you're playing with the Mastery victory.

Top Bottom