NOTW XXXV: Life's A Bore (Game Thread)

ugh, not good news that.

I'm quite concerned today about not having any leads, and I really, really would like certain people to talk more. In particular, I'd say at least the following have been lurking way too much:

Zack
landlubber
link16
Frozen in Ice
Nictel

I mean, where is everybody? Ravus was right yesterday evening. The problem is, even if a couple of these are Mafia, the cultists or killers we're looking for, we won't do so well just choosing one at random chance. And I don't have any leads that can distinguish between any one of these folks, I hope all of this village can get together and encourage that discussion.

So I'm going to say one thing I'm quite certain of - last night I scanned Zack and I believe he had an actual item item. This Actress has a large kit of Makeup. I have no clue what it's used for, or if this is going to ring any bells for anybody else, but since Zack is somebody I'd like to hear from (know he was away OOC a while back but that's been long over) might as well mention it.

xpost edit: hi landlubber, good to see you around today, after your last two public appearances were just bandwagon votes on bestrfc and Aramazd ;) Though since you are an Actor as well, might as well ask if you know anything about Zack - suspicious stuff or if he's in the clear.

As a first pressure vote I'm still going with Kennigit. Romanichine's revelations yesterday were very interesting and discussed at length but one thing I think was missed is this:

We had verified classical_hero was specifically spreading Ashen Veil propaganda. Being as the Ashen Veil would be natural rivals of the order as well as nasty killers, I still think we have AV cultists on their hands, and I haven't heard much from Kennigit to clear his name, I think it's very plausible he's part of that group or was converted.

My make up lets me appear as another person to scans (limited use). I haven't used it yet. Don't know anything about landlubber, but it is my personal goal that he stays alive.

What about Beefy?

xpost edit: hi landlubber, good to see you around today, after your last two public appearances were just bandwagon votes on bestrfc and Aramazd ;) Though since you are an Actor as well, might as well ask if you know anything about Zack - suspicious stuff or if he's in the clear.

Me and Zack aren't masons or anything. All my PM says about the Actress is that she's in the same show as me. So, I don't know much.

Sorry for lurking so much, due to both the blacksmith's and the horsetraders death my whole part in this has practically become useless..

I was the horse trader's mason and I needed the blacksmith to train me..

I agree that Kennigit seems suspicious. If what Romanichine said is true I wouldn't be surprised if he is another convert of the Order.

OOC: There. Thats my one time day ability used. We can bandwagon him tomorrow after he answers some proper questions but for now i don't trust him becoming a shade. This also stops him from being able to do anything and anyone being able to do anything to him if i understand the ability correctly. I don't know wether i was supposed to PM it or just post it on here but i'll do both. Now lets get our act together quickly with our now longer day.

Kennigit was backing the faithfull earlier on in the thread and Romanichines attempted suicide post backs up Earthlings scan ability and prescence of another convert. I also don't trust one of the shades but i don't know which one, Winston or Bestrfcplayer. But hopefully all they can do for now is confuse us with words.

Not buying that you prevented my lynch because you wanted to ask "proper" questions. Which questions? I've stated the reasons why I wanted to be lynched: I will fade and hopefully the Order religion will go away, or maybe the Order religion will prevent me from fading and I will die. Either way, I'm better off lynched than alive and helping our enemies.

I think there's a reason why you don't want me lynched. Skooma said the Ritual of Death cultists hated shades, preventing me from fading makes sense. Also, why would you waste a powerful ability like this to ask me some questions and bandwagon me the next day?

I don't know what's your angle but I don't like it.

vote: Ravus Sol

Its time to reveal, I've been checking out you lads ;)
As a inn keeper, I meet people every day. And I gained the ability to guess their strength from their muscle.

Of 14 survivors, I know 3 peoples strength.

Seon: 1
Kennigit: 3
Earthling: 2

This was strength at that time, so it may have changed now.
If not for my inactivity, I would have more results.

I'm willing to go for lightfang.

Why does a librarian have 3 strength?

beefy. Kennegit

'Cuz lifting books make you strong.

Beefy, were you the one who payed me a visit 2 nights ago?

I can confirm Beefy is telling the truth for my part, it's been that way the whole time, just a base strength of 2.

I think my vote stays on Kennigit, this is one last bit of evidence he could be a killer. Just looking at all of his votes and accusations, earlier posts about "high-strength Innocents" that still seem undeniably scheme-y, he's been trying to find targets I guess. Plus, I could see that he killed Takhisis, maybe or maybe not knowing Takhisis was another Mafia faction but looking at how they knew each other as villagers ;)

Here's something I don't like though:

I agree that Kennigit seems suspicious. If what Romanichine said is true I wouldn't be surprised if he is another convert of the Order.

While I've greatly appreciated what Romanichine has said, the truth really being different from any theories I had before, this post does not sound right. It sounds like a good reason for bandwagonning and that you and Kennigit may have had some history behind the scenes, but I don't want to be hasty in accusations.

For one, those of us who know a bit about history here would still recognize the threat of the Ashen Veil - that's the religion classical_hero had and maybe others still have. "Faith" isn't a specific religion we're dealing with but it was understandable Romanchine said that - however, since it's confirmed that Skooma and Takhisis were spreading the Order, another faction would thus be rivals to them. Now, Kennigit may not be a cultist, could just be a different sort of murderer or who knows - but if he is, again, it wouldn't make sense for him to be Order. For this to be possible, Kennigit would by all the evidence we know (from Roman, mostly, and we've got reason enough to try and believe that, Romanichine can't be a killer at any rate since he was locked up last night, in fact everything about Roman's abilities are verified so we only don't know what would happen counting for "outnumbering" in the end and he's been honest about that too) had to have been converted by Skooma around Skooma's last night here - which would mean he was an Innocent beforehand, and that doesn't add up with the other clues we have or things like the high strength.

Let me just say that I have no idea what I was yelling.

OOC: Either it was somebody's strange nighttime ability or the GM screwed up or it's "flavor text", which I personally think is stretching it.

Well, shoot. I know I didn't say much yesterday but this whole ordeal has had me puzzled as of yesterday. Everytime I thought of something to say, one of you would already have mentioned it. The only thing I can say that I would assume everyone else already noticed is that it seems we have 1 death on odd night and 2 deaths on even nights. But that doesn't really help anything I suspect. As it is probably because of ritual of deaths being performed. I can't surmise anything about it just the pattern itself.

Now with the fruit vendor and the brewer showing up dead this morning, my personal goal is pretty much trashed.

'Cuz lifting books make you strong.

Beefy, were you the one who payed me a visit 2 nights ago?

Yes that would be me. iirc I couldn't get my orders in.

But i'm not really feeling for Kennigit lynch. I'm not really experienced in NotW but isn't the baddies normally around strength of 5?

Midday Day 6
People were beginning to grumble that the librarian was awfully strong for a librarian and they didn't like the decisive way in which he handed out fines on late books.
Spoiler :
Votes:
Kennigit-5 link16,J-man, Seon, Frozen, Earthling
Lightfang-1 Beefy187
Ravus-Sol 1 Romanichine

Beefy187 then. I am strength 3 but I think he visited me for ulterior motives. The person who visited me smashed up a bit of the library and is a big burly figure.

Unless I was a popular target that night. Night 5 wielded 1 death and I had someone break into my library. And seeing as presumably a sk or someone else attacked Takhisis the bad guy.....Morning 6 also saw the fake poem.

There be some strange a'doings that night.

Top Bottom