Obamacans

Just wondering if there are any else out there and could share their reason for supporting Obama, and if they did from the begining, or are switching from McCain to Obama like I have recently.

Even though I never liked McCain at first for not being conservative enough, I reluctantly supported him until recently, due to a combination of things. First was his hawkiish stance towards Russia, only highlited durring the Georgia conflict, second is the economic troubles and bailouts, we cant afford to have a cold war and economic crisis. I was so sure that I still would prefer anyone but Obama until I started reseraching McCain a little more, and found out his staff is packed full of neo-cons such as former lobyist paid by Georgia, Randy Scheunemann. With people like this guy and others advising McCain, I'm finally forced to admit McCain will be much more of the same insane Bush neo-con foreign policy, we can't afford it. I dislike liberals, but this neo-con movement in the Republican party is growing to dangerous, I'm done with it until the party get back to true conservatism.

Look at it this way, the Republicans will probably reform during the next 4 or 8 years. You hope for your brand of conservatism, I'll hope for a Rockefeller Republican movement, and may the best ideology win.

I prefer Buchanan style isolasionist conservatism, but at this point I'll go with anything to help end the neo-con movement which will at least lessen our involvement in foreign conflicts.

I prefer Buchanan style isolasionist conservatism, but at this point I'll go with anything to help end the neo-con movement which will at least lessen our involvement in foreign conflicts.

me too. I hate the way Buchanan has been vilified, actually. I think he is a true patriot, a bit socially conservative for my taste, but I would vote for him over Obama or McCain. I wouldn't send any money to Obama or campaign for him though, he probably will greatly disappoint us. His foreign policy sounds the same as McCain's to me. Seriously. the only difference will be his advisors... I guess I shouldn't say only, because it is a big difference when you got traitors like the neocons* at the helm..

I have also seen quite a few bumper stickers for this group

http://www.republicansforobama.org/

*uh, excuse me, members of the American Enterprise Institute.

Yeah but he isn't nearly as hawkish as McCain, and he doesn't have eastern european paid lobyists and neo-cons on his staff trying to drag us in to pointless war. I think Obama would use harsh language, diplomacy, and sanctions against Russia, stopping short of military force in many situations where McCain would not.

Yeah but he isn't nearly as hawkish as McCain, and he doesn't have eastern european paid lobyists and neo-cons on his staff trying to drag us in to pointless war. I think Obama would use harsh language, diplomacy, and sanctions against Russia, stopping short of military force in many situations where McCain would not.

Honestly, I think the only one dumb enough to go to war with Russia would be Sarah Palin. I think even McCain has more sense than that.

McCain would go to war with Iran in a heartbeat, though.

I was originally an Obama supporter. Perhaps I didn't give him enough scrutiny, perhaps it was the spectre of another Clinton in the White House, perhaps it's been his slow morphing into a typical politician, but I'm not anymore. My vote is up for grabs now.

Why is there no discussion on people that have rejected Obama?

I was originally an Obama supporter. Perhaps I didn't give him enough scrutiny, perhaps it was the spectre of another Clinton in the White House, perhaps it's been his slow morphing into a typical politician, but I'm not anymore. My vote is up for grabs now.

Why is there no discussion on people that have rejected Obama?

Go ahead and start one.

But be prepared to try defending Sarah Palins foreign policy and economic credentials.

:lol:

I'm not too sure about Palin at all in regards to her foreign policy with her being new to the political scene, but I don't trust McCain at all, it really seems like he is trying to continue Bush's policy of provoking Russia and draging us into a 2nd cold war, and possibly a live one.
In regards toward Iran though, I don't belive our policy towards them will be relevant at all due to the fact that that if Iran continues to try building a nuke, Israel will almost certainly attack them with or without our support, and we will be forced to support Israel anyway.

I'm not supporting McCain either? Why would I want to defend Palin, she's beyond worthless.

And I already made a thread over the issue of "lesser of two evils", so go there if you want to discuss that.

Why would I want to defend Palin, she's beyond worthless.

If you feel that way, you are not welcome to the McCain ticket. We don't need bigots.

: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Good luck with the Greens :vomit: Cynthia McKinney

or Nader (any states?)

Could you tolerate hawks in your party? Your vote is up for grabs. Hah. What a joke.

Back of the bus, commie.

Besides, if the only 2 vegans on an internet forum voted republican... well, let's just say it could be worse than the large atom slammer.

Hadron collider bugs me. What others do you mean?

Hadron collider bugs me. What others do you mean?
Bigotry and Elitism.

I'll let Equatism alone for now :)

edit: Hey, What about Ecotism? Beating the square definition of words into a round hole, so you can use them against your oponent in a discussion :p

If you feel that way, you are not welcome to the McCain ticket. We don't need bigots.
Good luck with the Greens :vomit: Cynthia McKinney

or Nader (any states?)

Besides, could you tolerate hawks in your party? Your vote is up for grabs. Hah. What a joke.

Back of the bus, commie.
So now we're saying talking poorly of someone makes you a bigot IN THE SAME SENTENCE THAT YOU TOLD ME TO GET TO THE BACK OF THE BUS, COMMIE, WHAT A JOKE? (capitalized not out of passion but out of sheer incredulity) Saying you think person A is worthless is the same as being prejudiced? Seems like an extreme amount of equatism. Or are we giving that term up for bigot now? :lol: Drill that into the ground until we can come up with another? Like a locust, never satisfied with the destruction of any one word or idea, always on the prowl for more...

I'm making a word up for you, Ecofarm: stretcher. It has three meanings:
1. Someone that stretches the meanings of words to the point they have no real significance and become so sweeping that they lose all merit
2. He who carries death with him, the death of logic and terminology
3. Someone who spends his energy on contradictory goals and statements, like the dynamic tension of flexing muscles, one part always defeating the actions of the other (for instance attacking someone's argument for something that they themselves practice even more fervently)

So, there. Two can play at these games... :king:

1) He wants to organize social institutions, raising taxes.
2) He is a brilliant speeker, and he is making me hoping that America will lose its face as a completely irrational nation at many points.
3) No Sarah Palin. How can Americans actually support a woman who doesn't allow women to have an abortion after a rape, and also don't want to give teenagers sex ed, resulting in more teenage pregnancies. And pregnant daughter = She fails.

The extreme hatred of Palin, which cannot be wretched from your intolerant fist even as you proclaim to be independant, can only be founded in bigotry. The mere suggestion that she is worthless politically, let alone personally, is beyond contempt and betrays a seething bias so irrational that few other words would suffice.

Happy?

The extreme hatred of Palin, which cannot be wretched from your intolerant fist even as you proclaim to be independant, can only be founded in bigotry. The mere suggestion that she is worthless politically, let alone personally, is beyond contempt and betrays a seething bias so irrational that few other words would suffice.

Happy?

Sounds like you're talking about yourself, except replace Palin with forum members.

Top Bottom