Objects

stormbind

Retenta personam!
I'm interested in the objects in your brains. If you don't have any brains then please don't reply.

Please consider your mind. You can use any definition of mind; physiological, phenomenological, philosophical... all that matters is this: What colour is your mind?

My hypothesis is that your answer will be determined by your cultured views. To help determine if I'm right, could you please also tell me how many times per week you play a video game, and how many times per week you go to the movies.

Lastly, think of a shape that you consider to be an object. What is that shape? Please answer honestly giving the first shape that came into your head. Please describe a shape rather than a thing.

Every respondent will receive a description of their mind based on their answers. This will be interesting...

My brain always felt gray. I play video games probably four days out of the week, and almost never go to the movies. I think my mind is shaped a lot like the microphone in my avatar. Seriously.

Color: gray/grey with a slight pinkish hue. ( I figure most will have a similar answer)

Shape: I never really gave this any thought. As I sat here and pondered it, the first thing that came into my mind was a water sprinkler. Not sure what that says about me, but I doubt it is good. :sad:

Movies: two to four times a year, max

Video Games: a few hours a week

Colour - Bright pink
Shape - A sponge :\
Movies - Never
Video Games - Close to every day (yay boredom)

Colour: Beige
Video games: Hardly ever (perhaps once a week, on average)
Movies: Never
Shape: Goldfish in a bowl

I'm interested in the objects in your brains. If you don't have any brains then please don't reply.

Please consider your mind. You can use any definition of mind; physiological, phenomenological, philosophical... all that matters is this: What colour is your mind?

My hypothesis is that your answer will be determined by your cultured views. To help determine if I'm right, could you please also tell me how many times per week you play a video game, and how many times per week you go to the movies.

Lastly, think of a shape that you consider to be an object. What is that shape? Please answer honestly giving the first shape that came into your head. Please describe a shape rather than a thing.

Every respondent will receive a description of their mind based on their answers. This will be interesting...

My mind is fluid, sometimes grey, sometimes the colour you see when you close your eyes and look at the sun, sometimes transparant, and sometimes it feels very bright, like the sky after it rained and the sun is breaking through.

I play daily a video game, either civIV, oblivion or Counter-strike, not for long though, an hour or two or so.

I don't go to the movies a lot, I prefer to watch it home on the PC, if that counts, I'd watch 1 or 2 movies a week.

I first thought of a rectangle, when I was thinking about an object, it was a cube, the rectangle came first, though.

My mind seems blueish grey to me.
I play video games somewhere around five days a week on average
I watch about one movie a month in theaters and maybe one a week on t.v.
First shape that came into my head was a sphere. Second was a cube.

Greyish-Pink
Octagon (no idea why)
7-8 times per week (video game)
roughly .01 for the movies. I go basically once a semester. I usually grab DVDs once a month, though.

Color: octarine - because my rationality module cuts in and begins marking the question down for being wrong if I try to give a more serious answer. Purple?

By video game, I'm not sure what you mean to include. I don't have a TV in the house, and I play PC games daily.

Movies: Less than monthly.

Shape: Triangle.

Brains are required to have the mental capacity to reply.

I automatically thought brain, so grayish "brain" coloured.

15+ hours of videogames per week, and 0.1 times per week movies.

At first it was a sphere with spikes coming out of it (with a 3D grid as a background). Then it smoothed itself out into a sphere.

My mind is red. Hooker-lipstick red.

I play video games maybe once a week on average.

I go to the movies maybe four or five times a year on average.

A chair. You know what a regular dining room char is shaped like, right? That shape. Flat part for sittin' on, with four legs stickin' out the bottom of it, and another flat part for leanin' on stickin' out the top of it.

Colour: Greyish Blue
Shape: Cylinder
Video Games: Pretty much daily at the mo, but less so at other times in the year
Movies: Once or twice a year

Color: Dark Blue
Games: Upwards of 35 hours per week
Movies: 0 hours per week
Object: Vase (Said like "voss", a vase that costs more than $10)

My brain is grey, but my mind is black (the color you see when your eyes are closed). Probably due to my experience meditating, where you concentrate on 'self' with the eyes closed.

I rarely play video games and may see one movie a month.

Because I had been primed by the thread, I was recalling experiments regarding the visualization of shapes. The shape that popped into my mind was a Star of David.

My mind is transparent, but if you won't have that, I suppose grey will do.
I watch films on average 0 times a week, and play computer games very variable amounts depending on the time of year, but currently about 4 hours a week.
The first shape that's also an object that comes to my mind is a kite.

I've never thought about it, but now that I thought about it, my brain seems light brownish/goldish/copperish. Slightly lighter around the middle, but it's not "glowing"... don't know how to explain. I have no idea why.

I haven't played video games in months, although I used to spend hours and hours every day long ago.

I don't think I've ever been to a movie since I was around 13, but I watch many movies on my computer. Ranges from 0 to 4-5 per week.

Color: Translucent (frosted glass) with sparkly edge
Games: 1-2 hours/week
Movies: 2-3 per week at home only (on PC or TV)
Object: sphere

Color: Dark Red, with a black cloud around the border

Video Games: Depends on the week. Some weeks I'll play maybe 20 hours. Some I might only play 3 hours. It's difficult to limit to just amount of times I sit down to play video games

Movies: I usually go to the movies one or two time a year.

Shape: Kind of like a cotton ball. Very irregular with some parts jutting out. Basically a messed up circle.

Colour - Pinkish
Shape - Sphere. Should I be worried?
Movies - Maybe once every other month to twice a year
Video Games - 300 days a year, about.

Top Bottom