Oh, the weather outside is...

Met Éireann has said today is the hottest day of the year so far after it recorded a temperature of 29.3C in Athenry, Co Galway.

That's near me. The roads are melting. I am melting.
That's about 85F.

Having a beer and feeling better.
I've gotten over my second jab fever and reluctance to drink while recovering.

31° is not so bad. I have been out in 50°. Of course, that was a different country starting with an I.

It's raining in Texas, in July. What is wrong with the world?

J
If you aren't used to temperatures like that on a regular basis, and with the humidity in Ireland, it makes for an extremely uncomfortable day. (And probably night as well)

I have no idea, but probably pretty high. Here in southwest England, it's still 19-20 C at 11 pm, with a humidity of around 84%.

Yes well, that's New Zealand.

Yes well, that's New Zealand.

Hottest day I experienced it was still 29 degrees around midnight and it hit 39 in the day.

I think temperatures are recorded at 3pm and can be kilometers away from town eg at the airport.

Hottest day I experienced it was still 29 degrees around midnight and it hit 39 in the day.

I think temperatures are recorded at 3pm and can be kilometers away from town eg at the airport.
Your latitude is Mediterranean compared to us. Dunedin is on the same latitude as say the south of France or northern Spain to us.

Belfast's southern equivalent would be closer to Antarctica than the North Island.

Hygrometer would be about 35 depending according to Google.

Your latitude is Mediterranean compared to us. Dunedin is on the same latitude as say the south of France or northern Spain to us.

Belfast's southern equivalent would be closer to Antarctica than the North Island.

Hygrometer would be about 35 depending according to Google.

I wish Dunedin was like Southern France or northern Spain.

You guys have the gulf stream and the Med. We have antarctic currents. Dunedin didn't get to 39 hottest here is 35-37 I've experienced iirc. It's rare to hit 30 here.

Last edited:
More rain today. Property hasn't dried out since May.

Dunedin was settled by the Scots. They said it reminded them of home. No idea why.

Spoiler Bleah. :
IMG_20210718_151210.jpg

Looks like Scotland to me...

Looks like Scotland to me...

Yep parts of the area look like Scotland as well complete with gorse and little stone fences dividing paddocks.

"Edinburgh of the South". Bit pretentious imho. Victorian and Edwardian architecture here and there though, Scottish shop, ye olde Victorian manor and townhouses along with statues to Robbie Burns and Queen Victoria.

It's actually gotten chilly enough that I need a blanket now. We had fog yesterday morning and Environment Canada keeps giving smoke warnings (from the fires in BC). We are getting smoke, but it's not bothering me as much as it normally would. Not that I'm complaining. It's nice to be able to have the window open a crack for fresh air and still be able to breathe.

Environment Canada said we were supposed to get up to 30C. It lied.

More rain today. Property hasn't dried out since May.

Dunedin was settled by the Scots. They said it reminded them of home. No idea why.

Spoiler Bleah. :
Reminds me of the view out the window yesterday. Except it wasn't fog. It was forest fire smoke.

Top Bottom