Oh, the weather outside is...

The Met Office has just issued its first ever extreme heat weather warning for the UK. In the southwest, the temperature is likely to be close to 30 degrees for much of the week.

It is so hot here. I am not as bad as some in hot weather, but I did not sleep well last night because of the heat.

Yeah, I've not even tried to go to bed before 2 am the last couple of nights, it's been so sweaty.

The weather has been ideal over here! I went to a beach on Lake Washington yesterday with my sister, her dog, and our mom. I went to Discovery Park today with my dad and my sister's dog.

Although, I must admit that the heatwave a few weeks ago was brutal.

Last edited:
Right across the continent?? What in the world?!

Right across the continent?? What in the world?!
Seems that way:

Smoke -- the darker gray between the bright white storm clouds -- can be seen from space over the Great Lakes and Northern Plains on Monday.

Last year's smoke from California made it across to Europe, at a very high altitude.

The Met Office has just issued its first ever extreme heat weather warning for the UK. In the southwest, the temperature is likely to be close to 30 degrees for much of the week.

A ridiculous 28 C here atm.
This isn't a British summer, I want cooling rain and I want it now!

Aren't you in Wales? That's usually the place to pick up rain if it's anywhere.

Not atm.
Saturday should bring some rain and the temperature dropping to a tolerable 22 degrees but until then its Hell on Earth here.
It was 30 here today, according to my car. I don't know what the humidex was, but I feel your pain.

A Thunderstorm yesterday dropped .75" of rain in our backyard! :dance:

10 Celsius. Slight frost this morning.

Reasonably warm by winter standards.

Yesterday we reached 33,7°C. Nothing extraordinary, but the annoying part was that when I went to bed at half-past midnight it was still 27.

The BBC is promising stormy weather at the weekend. I'm really not a fan of rain, but if it gets the temperature down to something more bearable, I'll be much happier.

The BBC is promising stormy weather at the weekend. I'm really not a fan of rain, but if it gets the temperature down to something more bearable, I'll be much happier.
It looks like the temperature will drop from the high tomorrow, but not that much:

26 degrees here currently, starting to get muggy with it as well. It'll get hotter throughout the day, too, much like yesterday which started somewhat cool but got really bad later in the afternoon.

It's difficult. Nursery's ended for the four year-old, and the ten month-old is getting heat rash when it gets too warm. We're lucky in that we moved house (still renting) last year - the old house would've been unimaginable in this heat. My work isn't much better - working from home now means I'm stuck in the box room with a computer that heats the place up nicely. The glamorous life of a software developer during a pandemic!

. . . not that there's an office to go back to either. Permanently working from home now.

Top Bottom