Oh, the weather outside is...

Coffee (well, caffeine) is my life source and my eternal suffering. The hot drink doesn't help equalise my body temperature like hot drinks in hot weather are rumoured to do.
I've always wondered where that idea came from. It doesn't even make sense. :lol:

But I'm with you. Just a moment ago, I was making myself a cup of coffee while drinking a cup of coffee.

I've always wondered where that idea came from. It doesn't even make sense. :lol:

But I'm with you. Just a moment ago, I was making myself a cup of coffee while drinking a cup of coffee.
The way it was explained to me was that as the oesophagus runs next to the carotid artery for a while in the neck, the hot drink disproportionately heats this blood, and as the main thermoregulatory sense organs are attached to the carotid artery it makes your body work harder to lose heat (vasodilation and sweating). Therefore your actual temperature will drop. I have not noticed it working myself.

It is not coffee they are drinking, but hot wine. That probably does not cool you down, but may make you feel better.

Provided that you're not visibly tiddly on camera, you should be fine. :)

Frost again today. Every day getting a frost. Reasonably mild days though usually hitting double figures in the middle of winter.

Usually around 4C in the evenings. Currently 11C hasn't rained for a week or so grounds now wet vs muddy.

It’s heatstroke season out here again and now one of the more recent articles I’ve seen is how to avoid heatstroke while watching the Olympic$... on TV.

Use the air conditioner! Drink water! Check up on your family!

Now I’m not even watching the Olympic$ so do I still need to do all that? 33C/91F today. I’m sitting in the shade on my balcony at the moment, and... it’s... yep. The electric company is going to be very happy with me at the end of the month.

What’s the difference between Mr. Whipple and me outside in the sun for ten minutes?

Spoiler comedy gold :
One’s a grocer and the other is grosser.

It seems that the heatwave here will reach lethal levels, at 45 Celsius next week.
This isn't good. Particularly when there is no wind either.
Probably will be a little better in this city, but close to 40 too. I hate this.

Are tsunami's weather?

Tsunami warning after magnitude 8.2 quake hits Alaska Peninsula

A shallow earthquake of magnitude 8.2 struck the Alaska Peninsula, prompting tsunami warnings across the Pacific Ocean. The quake struck at 10:15 PM (06:15 GMT Thursday) at a depth of 35km (22 miles).​

No, I don't think it can be considered weather, as it's caused by a geological process, not an atmospheric process. But the aftermath, when combined with bad or chaotic weather, can be devastating to the people living in the areas affected.

It seems that the heatwave here will reach lethal levels, at 45 Celsius next week.
Probably will be a little better in this city, but close to 40 too. I hate this.
:(

I hope you have a way to stay cool, at least indoors. Even after I finally got my fan, I'd dump cold water on myself numerous times a day, and before trying to go to sleep. The ceiling fan is running right now, as it's been warm and muggy and there's still haze and smoke from the fires (the Sun is still various shades of pink and red when it rises).

The haze dissipated a bit last night, enough to see the Moon for a few minutes. :)

Wow, a reminder to stay in my cold land. We're at 20 now and 'never' get to more than 32-34.

Been to Greece many times but can't recall ever going past 40.

I don't think I've been in 40+.
39 in a dry heat highest I've been in.

They used to take the temperature at 3pm so it would be hotter 12-2pm. Not sure if they do that anymore.

It's warmer today - the weather forecast is somewhere around 34-36C, and I've got both fans going.

I'm running on about 2 hours' dozing, not even proper sleep. Hopefully it will be cooler tonight, and I can conk right out (today is also the last day of Camp NaNoWriMo and thank goodness I don't have much more to do).

7th wettest July on record, with 6.88 inches of rain for the month, and we did set a record with 18 days where we had precipitation. We're now at 13.28 inches so far this Summer, which is two inches over the average rainfall total for an entire Summer. Just north of us they got over 13 inches of rain for July:
Rain Rain go away.png

Top Bottom