Oh, the weather outside is...

Cloudy but not overcast, then a short, intense rain came out of nowhere. When it was gone, I took the dog on a walk, saw another one coming, barely made it home just a bit wet.

Cooler during our monsoon. Highs in the upper 80s or low 90s with afternoon a thundershower somewhere in the city. We had 10 minutes of rain yesterday.

It's still hazy from the fires. It might rain a little tonight, though. That would be nice.

I went down to the lobby to get the mail tonight.

It smells like forest fire smoke inside the building. :dubious:

(no, nothing is on fire inside, and it's not cigarette smoke)

The "heat index" forecast for tomorrow is 103F / 39.4C. :help:

make sure to close up all your windows in the morning.

The massive amounts of rain in the forecast for the last few days didn't materialize and the landscape is getting baked. The grass is in crappy shape and I really don't like to water it from the pipes ($$$).

11C today a bit cooler this week. Late winter now.

Warm parts of country approaching 19C on a good day.

@Zkribbler did you feel that earthquake? News says there was a 7.2 in the southern Philippines.
There was an earthquake? :eek:

Research research research:
7.1 magnitude earthquake
Today 6 hours ago at 17:46
August 11, 2021 UTC

63.2 km from Pondaguitan (39.2 miles)

Mindanao, Philippines

Depth: 65 km
:undecide: Hrumph. That was down in Davao in southeast Mindanao, big true, but too far away for me to feel. :p

Last edited:
My wife just asked if she should take the clothes off the line before lunch because she read the forecast: we have a 50% chance of getting 0.01 inches of rain today. I told her to go ahead and have lunch. ;)

17C at 4pm technically winter functionally spring. Pollen clouds starting.

I went down to the Rio Grande today to see it was faring. I took some pics and got lost in the Bosque on my way back from the river to the parking lot. The quarter mile walk turn into 2 miles. Winding trails without signs got me lost. My phone GPS got me back. The birds are Canadian geese enjoying a summer holiday in the States. International travel is still an option for them.

Clicking on the pic for full size really improves it and shows the geese.

Rio Grande Aug 2021.jpg

Last edited:
I went down to the Rio Grande today to see it was faring. I took some pics and got lost in the Bosque on my way back from the river to the parking lot. The quarter mile walk turn into 2 miles. Winding trails without signs got me lost. My phone GPS got me back. The birds are Canadian geese enjoying a summer holiday in the States. International travel is still an option for them.

Clicking on the pic for full size really improves it and shows the geese.

View attachment 606912
That is the mighty Rio Grande (big river) that forms the US Mexico border? It looks like you would hardly have to roll your trousers up to wade across.

Top Bottom