Oh, the weather outside is...

Rain two days ago (maybe .5 inches) and it is snowing today. It is not sticking, just getting things wet. Water is good, but cloudy days much less interesting.

It rained yesterday morning and the past couple of nights. I'm not sure if it was as much rain as was predicted but it was a decent amount. It's supposed to rain heavily most of this week but I'll believe it when I see it. I have learned not to trust the weathermen here when it comes to rain predictions.

I had snow last night and this morning, enough to cover the roads where I live and make driving a little treacherous.

Fortunately my lovely neighbors on each side cleared my portion of the walkway :love:

Gonna be pushing 40 for a week, our record high here is 42 degrees. Very unhappy.

upload_2019-1-14_17-22-26.png

This night thermometer was close to the freezing point of water. It never really touches it however. Would be cool to have some frost on my car windshield in the morning occasionally.

I have to clear both my neighbors sidewalks because I have to blow all the way to their driveways to turn my big honking blower around. ;)

They always show their appreciation not realizing I don't really have a choice.

We've had ice fog all day. Only an idiot would be driving on the highways tonight.

Nice and mild around here, around 8 degrees ATM. I've been lucky that there has been no sub zero weather so far this winter, no ice at all. There hasn't been a lot of rain or wind either TBH.

I hate ice but i'm always up for some rain and wind for sure, I hope there will be some before spring.

Canberra had 9 days above 40 degrees in nearly a century prior to 2006. We've had 14 since then, and we're having 3 or 4 this week.

Canberra had 9 days above 40 degrees in nearly a century prior to 2006. We've had 14 since then, and we're having 3 or 4 this week.
Nothing to worry about; it's part of the Whichinovsky planetary cycle and all natural. Beside, Jesus is coming soon and none of this global warming or environmental degradation really matters. Party on!

Our sun is back and it's just lovely, even if a bit chilly.

I heard it was snowing in Greece... You guys don't get much snow usually right?

Depends where you are. Much of Greece is mountainous so there will be snow especially in winter. In the Aegean islands and the low-lying regions, not so much.

I'm in England this semester, and it's a real disappointment as far as weather goes. Except for last night getting down to -4°C, it's been between -1 and 11°C the whole two weeks I've been here, and we've had only three or four days that weren't overcast most of the day. But it really hasn't been that rainy; it's only sprinkled a few times. There was apparently snow yesterday morning, but I was asleep when it happened, and it didn't stick. For the most part, it's too cold to be nice, and too warm for pretty snow. The temperatures wouldn't be bad at all if it was sunny, but the clouds make it worse. And the sun is so weak on the rare occasions it does come out. It never gets very high in the sky at all.

I feel like I should say that aside from the weather I'm having fun here; I don't want it to sound like everything going on here is miserable.

The rain stopped. We got almost a full week of it. I regret not taking a day off to sit and listen to it and enjoy it. I hope there is more of it soon or at least more this winter. It'll be mostly dry for the next 9 months after that.

Top Bottom