Oh, the weather outside is...

Yesterday morning it was above 10C. This morning it was -5C and we had a thick layer of ice all over everything. Last night the forecast was that the ice would be far to our south, so road crews did not appear to be ready to deal with it. I think the weather guy said more than 300 schools closed today. Mine didn't. I walked to work, staying on the grass instead of the slippery sidewalks and roads, and even the main north-south arterial was slippery.

Tomorrow it will be warm again, and then we get a snowstorm Sunday.

Sunny and warming....Spring!

@stfoskey12
Last winter we had snow.

Forecast to be warmish, wet and moderately windy (only 35mph which is nothing) here in South Devon till Monday morning. Not suppose to get below 10 tonight so probably not have to switch on the heating. Highs of 12 during the day and lows of down to 5C over the next week.

spring is finally coming, we've been way below our normal this year

might be able to golf again in a few days if the 4-5 inches of snow on the ground melts off

spring is finally coming, we've been way below our normal this year

might be able to golf again in a few days if the 4-5 inches of snow on the ground melts off
Pffft! Just use a neon-orange golf ball.

Storm on Saturday shut down the city. Guess what happens today?

Storm shuts down the city...

But yay. Snow day!

Today was a balmy -21C. I went shopping.

About -5C, no wind, and absolutely clear blue skies - couldn't ask for better skiing conditions!
Can you tell in the picture below who's gung-ho about the upcoming black diamond run, and who is maybe reconsidering their life decisions at this point in time?
Satsat and I.png

It's -5C, and expected to be 4C on Monday. We are all going to die of heat stroke. :run:

Seriously, we just had a lot of snow dumped on us. There were lots of accidents yesterday, lots of people getting stuck, and some of my appointments were an hour late. I'm not looking forward to maneuvering through all the slush that's coming.

And for some reason, my apartment is still cold. I'm still wearing three layers of clothing and am considering a fourth.

It's warm enough that I can open the winows for the first time in a couple of weeks and air the place out. And it's a gorgeous, sunny day and everything's green and fresh!

Ever since the monsoon winds reversed marking the beginning of the "rainy season," the weather has been beautiful. :cool: Usually we hire a guy in December to climb my coconut trees to cut down the coconuts and dead fronds, but it's been too rainy. Finally in March, we can. :)

Last edited:
50s and 60s all week. Spring is now. Warm enough to paint the outside of the house.

We wont hit the low 60s until next week... Yay. Its been a cold winter, the plains north of us in Nebraska and the Dakotas collected a lasting layer of snow making the winds coming down colder. Imagine what the continent was like 20,000 years ago with a 2 mile high ice sheet covering the Great lakes and Cape Cod.

The temperatures have warmed up. It's -4C now. I wore my light jacket yesterday.

The apartment is still chilly, though, and Maddy still prefers to be under my fleece blanket.

I heard a weather report from Manila warning the water shortage there would continue for the next two months. This is the rainy season, and we ain't got no rain. :eek2:

We have had two days of rain. The nice slow drizzly kind. I'm sorry @Zkribbler if we got yours.

Top Bottom