• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

OptNES III: Foundry of Nations

I have now, thanks :)

You don't need an Engineer until the machine sustains damage.

Do we still have to get all the operators it says it needs first? I mean, I need nine operators just to use the tower it looks like, which cost 9 EP on top of the 2 I need just to build it. That means we will only ever see really a small handful ever get deployed.

The Tortoise seems to need 22 operators, meaning to use it require 25 EP.

At those prices, we are going to use so much EP, only those who need transports overseas will dish out the EP needed to move them. The conventional forces one can build at those costs is far more powerful. It's the main reason I'm affraid to even buy one right now. I don't know if it's just going to sit their until I get enough operators, as a effective waste in money for several turns. We simply don't have the income to use them.

You have a point there, daed. Although I think optical means to keep the use of engines to a minimal for a while, since we only just got the technology to build them.

If that is indeed the truth then I'll have to change my orders. Mind confirming or denying Optical?

I am sorry, but I've got too many things to do and not enough hours in the day to do them. I'm going to have to drop this.

Spoiler :

Got bored one night... :mischief:

Awesome! Now put cities on it.

I was thinking of it, but it would be a real hassle to get every little city on it (Yeah, and like making Ath wasn't? :crazyeye:). I would like to make a playable map/mod kind of thing, but I have no idea how to do that.

...o.O

Impressive. Mind uploading the file?

(Edit: xpost)

Do we still have to get all the operators it says it needs first? I mean, I need nine operators just to use the tower it looks like, which cost 9 EP on top of the 2 I need just to build it. That means we will only ever see really a small handful ever get deployed.

The Tortoise seems to need 22 operators, meaning to use it require 25 EP.

At those prices, we are going to use so much EP, only those who need transports overseas will dish out the EP needed to move them. The conventional forces one can build at those costs is far more powerful. It's the main reason I'm affraid to even buy one right now. I don't know if it's just going to sit their until I get enough operators, as a effective waste in money for several turns. We simply don't have the income to use them.
You only need one operator per function (driving and weapons) to use the engine - so two operators. The Tortoise can use 22 maximum, but you won't need that many.

I am sorry, but I've got too many things to do and not enough hours in the day to do them. I'm going to have to drop this.
No problem. I'll NPC Charj.
Ooops. I'd forgotten about this. Orders soon
Thanks, appreciated.

Errr... how? :confused::p

Keep in mind that I have Warlords, so a BTS explanation may not work for me.

You only need one operator per function (driving and weapons) to use the engine - so two operators. The Tortoise can use 22 maximum, but you won't need that many.

No problem. I'll NPC Charj.

Thanks, appreciated.

Nice to know about the operator needed. So it's just right now they are too expensive to use, but in a few turns, you will need to crank some out...I will absolutely need to make some since I'm facing the closest to my strength nation of anyone. And I have no potential allies able to do a thing because only I have naval transportation in bulk

Errr... how? :confused::p

Keep in mind that I have Warlords, so a BTS explanation may not work for me.

In your Warlords folder there should be a series of folders, one of which is 'PublicMaps'. It should be in there, with standard maps and other WB files.

In your Warlords folder there should be a series of folders, one of which is 'PublicMaps'. It should be in there, with standard maps and other WB files.

I checked, it isnt in there. I have the map saved where I can play it through the 'play scenario' option. Should that change where it would be? I cannot find it anywhere in those folders.

Do you still have only 12 out of 19 orders Optical? Any news?
13 out of 18 now, since Mosher has left. I'll be NPCing non-senders who still haven't sent by the weekend.
I checked, it isnt in there. I have the map saved where I can play it through the 'play scenario' option. Should that change where it would be? I cannot find it anywhere in those folders.

Try looking in your vanilla folder?

I need to leave as well. Winter break+new semester of college made me completely lose track of what I was doing here.

OK, good to know. That's 13 of 17, and I said orders had to be in by now, so:

I am starting the update. Orders are still accepted if you get them in in the next couple of days, but there will be a uniform penalty to the four players who haven't yet sent in orders or apologies. Thank you.

Top Bottom