• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

OptNES III: Foundry of Nations

3 guesses to who that is. First 2 don't count.

Yeah, it is kinda' obvious that it's an excerpt from the bit about
Spoiler hardly needed :
Hydragia

Can we get a progress update for today? Shouldn't be that much longer now right?

Basically no progress today... halfway through Dai Khol. Got really distracted & wasn't really motivated to do anything, this included. :blush:

Working on it tonight and all day tomorrow and it'll probably be very close to finished. Wednesday update is definitely realistic.

Preview time!
...Again. Trying to tide you guys over a bit until I've finished everything up.

Spoiler :
The chatter inside rose to a climax as we entered the room. Men and women dressed in the same strange clothes as the people we had seen entering and leaving the city - which our new friend and interpreter (his name was Naysis) had referred to as Melorn - lined the walls, sitting on tiered seats. One stood up, addressing Naysis, whom he presumably knew. They had a short discussion, and then the Theratran monk who had spoken addressed Ressis. Naysis translated for our benefit.
"What brings you here from the low places?"
Ressis responded, Naysis translating again. "We come to trade."
The conversation, in translation for both sides, continued as follows - this is a direct transcription, for my own convenience.
Theratran Monk: "What have you come to trade?"
Ressis: "That we will not reveal, at least until we know if you are likely to trade with us."
Theratran: "Very well. What do you wish to know?"
Ressis: "Are there any threats you would have removed from your borders?"
Theratran: "Not at this time. Our relations with the northern cities are stable if chilled, and the nomads to the south are quiet."
Ressis: "Do you want power?"
Theratran: "Power has never been something we have lusted after. If you talk of war, we have no need of your wares."

It was here that Ressis began to give up on the Mobadi council. In fact, he was just about to leave when I remembered: paths had led up into the mountains. Perhaps...
"How would you like to fly?"

Can we get a progress update for today? Shouldn't be that much longer now right?

Dude, chill, the update will be ready when the update is ready, no need to pressure Optical, he is bp noiby (damn autocorrect!) no doubt writing as fast as possible.

And don't forget my sig is usually up to date with progress updates of a sort. :)

I can wait patiently. Some of us are in finals week. :p

I finished my finals last week. I'm only a Junior in HS but my school offers Dual Enrollment classes that are essentially college classes for college credit on the school's dime.

They always say that :p I have never seen them to actually have an equal workload.

Well, its only a limited choice in classes, but we do get to decide if we want the credits to be transferred to just HS, HS/COL, or just COL. The different classes include those such as Psychology, Sociology, MAT104, MAT105, and other courses, some even being online courses.

For the MAT104 class that I just got done with last week, the school paid the course cost (About $600 something), but the students have to pay for materials such as textbooks and workbooks.

They always say that :p I have never seen them to actually have an equal workload.

Some people will argue that the dual-credit English course was harder than the actual college course it was a credit for. :lol:

True. This is why my school, a "college prep" school just has us take courses from an actual local college if we want dual credit. Except for English 4, I think.

On-Topic:

Looking forward to the update as well. I presume regular updates won't take this long though?

No way. Regular updates don't have to maintain a consistent narrative, and they probably won't be as long either.

The push continues:

Arexthia (2 NPCs)
Tengalu'kulchen (2 NPCs, 1 shared with Masia)
Masia (1 NPC shared with Tengalu'kulchen)
Valmere (3 NPCs)
Torrmor (2 NPCs)
Colomestrisa (1 NPC)
Hydragia (4 NPCs)
Movadimn (2 NPCs, shared with Jedorra)
Dai Khol (3 NPCs)
Jedorra (2 NPCs, shared with Movadimn)

Asgarnia (2 NPCs)
Charj
Irran Emp.
Michilimackinac

Yyaraskihn
ættkvísl hvala
Eben

I hope to have finished all of the Red group and hopefully start on the Yyaraskihn tomorrow, and then finish the remaining three (Yyaraskihn, Aettkvisl Hvala and Eben) and post the update the day after (Wednesday to you guys). That's my worst-case schedule, I have to go for a blood test tomorrow but otherwise the day is uninterrputed. I'll try not to let myself be distracted by the twin scourges of Crusader Kings 2 and Youtube.

Here's a peek at what I've done today:

Spoiler :
More than any other nation before, the Jedorran lands painted a picture of their lifestyle. Vast plains opened up before us beyond the Zay'na Mountains - poor land, with very loose soil. Trade caravans entering and leaving the city of Jedorra itself threw up clouds of dust. Somehow, large farms patchworked the land either side of the roads and rivers that split the land into parts. Only when we flew closer to the ground did it become apparent how it had been done - a complex irrigation system of channels and pumps, set up so that vast swathes of land could be farmed. The system must have fed the whole of Jedorra, allowing the existence of this large trade hub in the middle of these plains.
Further south, this was less of a problem - the land grew lusher, the number of trees growing as we looked further south towards Jedorra's sister cities of Ganthari and Sialamesc. According to Naysis, 'sister cities' was in fact an apt description. All three cities - each of which held part of the fertile land south of Jedorra - fought like cats. It wouldn't be wise to visit all three, particularly as we planned to stop in Jedorra again after we had visited Asgarnia.

Just checking that some medication I'm on for my skin (aah, the bliss of being a teenager!) isn't screwing around with blood pressure. Routine thing.

Actually I've been going in for blood tests as well (Ah, teens eh?). Some chemical or enzyme in my pancreas was reading 6000+ when it was only supposed to read about 40... It has been going down, so I assume it was just a freak thing. Anyways, hope your blood tests come back good!

PS. Is the latest preview about a npc near me or someone else who's app I have not read?

It's Patchy's nation. :)

Incidentally, it was white blood cells, not pressure. Regardless, back to writing. ;)

Top Bottom