Votes: 56 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Don't know / don't care

Votes: 13 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

More like this.

Anyway, back on topic, I was thinking, could we make some kind of a notification the first time a new user tries to post in a RD thread? Just to let him know what the rules are.

The song title..."Something's Coming" :rolleyes:

This was asked in staff today:
And of course we all know what gets asked in staff, so naturally the joke would be obvious. :rolleyes:

Sheesh, we KNOW it's "coming." There's no need to be so ridiculously overdramatic about it. And as long as you don't do the merge on April 1, I personally don't care when it happens.

(btw, you know Tony gets killed at the end of the movie, right? Is this a metaphor for "we're about to kill the Tavern/Chamber"?)

West Side Story = Romeo and Juliet
Tony = Romeo
Romeo dies.
Tony dies.

At least Maria doesn't kill herself, so the audience doesn't go home completely depressed...

(yeah, I worked on a production of West Side Story back in 1985, and parts of it were pretty grim)

Anyway, back on topic, I was thinking, could we make some kind of a notification the first time a new user tries to post in a RD thread? Just to let him know what the rules are.

If you mean some automatic notification, probably not. However, there certainly will be an announcement as to how to properly create a RD-thread and how to best find them.

How can it be Romeo & Juliet if Maria doesn't die? That's kind of a major plot point.

Anyway, West Side Story totally pwns R&J. Bernstein is best! (suck it, Billy)

How can it be Romeo & Juliet if Maria doesn't die? That's kind of a major plot point.

:dunno:

The other major plot points are there. All I can guess is that the writers who adapted the script didn't want to include a suicide in the play (they had Tony shot by Chino - the character who would have corresponded to Paris - instead of taking his own life by poison).

As a modern adaptation they took some liberties for the "then" cultural sensitivities. If you have read the play, then you should watch the 1968 Zafirelli movie and then watch this one. Both of these easily stand up to Westside Story. While the music of WS is truly outstanding, the romantic dialog of R&J is pretty hard to beat when properly acted.

I've seen other adaptations, plus live performances. I remember the gasps from the audience in West Side Story when they realized Tony and Maria had spent the night in the same bed, and years later when they realized that the actors playing the parts in the Red Deer College production really were naked under those covers...

The Zeferelli movie is the standard by which I measure all other performances and adaptions of Romeo and Juliet, and not one has even come close.

You might want to revise the "Being a Jerk" sticky. It references a "Tavern" that no longer exists. And in general, unless I'm missing it, someone coming new to OT wouldn't have any explicit guidance as to expected norms of behavior, the difference b/w red diamond posts and others, and so forth.

Yeah, a new stickied thread on RD threads and how you all expect the newly re-merged OT to work is probably in order.

Did you leave the old, pre-split OT threads there?

I would like to thank the Modmen for listening to the community and merging OTs. Thank you for all the work you all put in to make this happen. :hatsoff:

Top Bottom