[NFP] Pack1: Maya and Grand Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone talks about Lady Six Sky, people should get mentally prepared for Pacal, or maybe the leader from Civ 3: Smoke Jaguar.
Just to avoid disappointment :)

Everyone talks about Lady Six Sky, people should get mentally prepared for Pacal, or maybe the leader from Civ 3: Smoke Jaguar.
Just to avoid disappointment :)
Honestly the most disappointing thing for me today would be if the preview is Gran Colombia, not Maya, and we have to wait until next week to find out who their leader is (because we all know it's going to be Bolivar for GC!)

Please no mountain adjacency bonus for the Maya. Yucatan is flat. Their starting bias will probably favorite: jungle, plains, lakes, volcanos.
Well volcanoes are mountains. :p
The only reason I mention mountain bonuses are because mountains = astronomy/astrology in the Civ franchise.
Considering they are getting a unique "observatory" district it's plausible. On the other hand maybe they will get extra science from other factors like the Seowon does.
I'm expecting some extra rainforest bonuses though and you want to build campuses around them anyway.

Honestly the most disappointing thing for me today would be if the preview is Gran Colombia, not Maya, and we have to wait until next week to find out who their leader is (because we all know it's going to be Bolivar for GC!)

For some reason i just assumed it was going to be the Maya. But your right it could be Gran Colombia.

However i don't think i would mind that too much. I'm guessing that Maya will have a religious/science play-style based on old Civ games. Gran Colombia though, no idea what their play-style could be

we'll see

Perhaps replacing the slinger with greater ranged strength (nearly that of an archer), plus no movement penalty in woods and rainforest. The increased strength will make it cheaper to upgrade to an archer, but you won't really be rushing to get archers with such a fine slinger replacement. It will allow you to delay that tech in favor of others. The Maya will probably have a Woods/Rainforest start bias.
That's initially what I had but I thought to make it more interesting with the faith from kills. Of course the faith and kills could easily go onto the Civ ability and be from any unit.
I agree that it would need to be cheaper to build than an archer with about the same strength to at least be on par.

Sooner Gran Colombia = possible sooner first listen for Gran Colombia from Geoff Knorr. I'd be fine with that, the announcement vid got me pumped to hear the Gran Colombian industrial theme fully :p

For some reason i just assumed it was going to be the Maya. But your right it could be Gran Colombia.

However i don't think i would mind that too much. I'm guessing that Maya will have a religious/science play-style based on old Civ games. Gran Colombia though, no idea what their play-style could be

Maybe the playstyle will be that that the empire breaks up after twelve turns.

Guess it isn't releasing now then. The next major possibility i see is in an hours time. After that i'm thinking likely tommorow

Sooner Gran Colombia = possible sooner first listen for Gran Colombia from Geoff Knorr. I'd be fine with that, the announcement vid got me pumped to hear the Gran Colombian industrial theme fully :p

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm definitely excited to see more of Gran Colombia. I am just absolutely dying to know if they've finally added Lady Six Sky or gone with Pacal yet again!

we'll see
Isn't it past your bedtime? ;)

you could also tweet Ed and ask him. If it's a yes, then we have something to get excited over. If it's a no, well then there won't be any disappointment.

That's initially what I had but I thought to make it more interesting with the faith from kills. Of course the faith and kills could easily go onto the Civ ability and be from any unit.
I agree that it would need to be cheaper to build than an archer with about the same strength to at least be on par.

Faith on kills could be pretty fun. Especially if you could stack it with the God of War pantheon. It would be like a religious Gorgo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom