PAE V Patch 3

Hi guys
I have a game I started with PAE V beta 2, is it possible to continue this game with the latest patch? I tried editing the save (backup first) since it has a text string with the mod folder at the beginning, and also renaming the mod folder, but I get errors both ways.

No. You can't continue a Patch 2 game with Patch 3. There are too many changes in XML (not save compatible).

You also can't rename the PAE folder! There are static vars in the theme, that require the correct patch. If you rename the folder you have to edit some xml (theme) files.

OK, thanks for the info. I was suspecting something like that might be the case.

I have a nice Patch 3 game going on with the Romans using the Diadochi scenario in my main PC, so I'll continue with that save and start a new game when I finish.

I really like the Patch3 changes, btw :b:

Hello, I want to try another sweet game of PAE(last one was just beatiful :goodjob:). The only thing that don't fit with me is hoplites being replaced by skirmishers, wouldn't greek armies look realy dull lategame ? How can I disable this manualy ? I would realy like to do that.

I hope you do continue your work man, I believe your mod doesn't get enough credit for what is done and how detailed it is.

Hello, I want to try another sweet game of PAE(last one was just beatiful :goodjob:). The only thing that don't fit with me is hoplites being replaced by skirmishers, wouldn't greek armies look realy dull lategame ? How can I disable this manualy ? I would realy like to do that.

I hope you do continue your work man, I believe your mod doesn't get enough credit for what is done and how detailed it is.
I think the following will work. Make a backup of the file first just in case.

In the Assets/XML/Units edit the CIV4UnitInfos.XML file. Find UNIT_HOPLIT scroll down and replace
Code:
      <UnitClassUpgrades>
        <UnitClassUpgrade>
          <UnitClassUpgradeType>UNITCLASS_SKIRMISHER</UnitClassUpgradeType>
          <bUnitClassUpgrade>1</bUnitClassUpgrade>
        </UnitClassUpgrade>
      </UnitClassUpgrades>
with
Code:
      <UnitClassUpgrades/>

It is indeed an amazing mod.

Thank you DH , that did worked.
On the not much relevant note :
my UnitInfos.XML file for PAE looks like this
Spoiler :

Is that how it's supposed to look ? looks exactly like my life :crazyeye:

You should open your life with a better text editor :) (i.e. Notepad++, Vim)
Looks like Notepad handles the lineendings wrong.

Thank you DH , that did worked.
On the not much relevant note :
my UnitInfos.XML file for PAE looks like this
Spoiler :

Is that how it's supposed to look ? looks exactly like my life :crazyeye:

It sometimes happens that someone edits a file in linux and forgets to set it so that "end of line" and "carriage return" happen.

And yes using Notepad++ will read it correctly.

Hello again, I am having realy enjoyable game(apart from music bug which I listed in bug thread) with all the posible civs on Eurasia map(athens start as syracuse ,sparta as messalia etc.) And the world seems realy alive and what surprised me the most, is that AI is expanding realy well(emperor dificulty) I played this mod on the same difficulty before and I never saw AI giving such a real feel of threat.
Has anything been changed from previous versions in the Ai department ? I am realy curious if that's just coincedence.
On another note, how do people generaly like the 2move infantry ? I am not sure how to feel about it yet, since majority of the factions dont even own Heavy infantry... this seems like not finished idea.

warning : unnecesary mumbling below
Spoiler :

Just some random fact that felt realy enjoyable : when the game historical pop-up noticed me that in this year the fall of Babylon started , it wass so much in time, since the next pop-up noticed me that the most powerful empire of the region(and probably world) Persia declared war on Babylon, followed up by Assyria next turn. Basicly they steamrolled it over within 10 turns. More so, Persian army came to mediterranian sea subduing Phoenician empire just for fun.

We develope the AI patch for patch. Soon it will be upgraded with a better AI dll, to get best results ;)

Movement: yes, but lots of people want to play big maps, so it's better that way.

Babylon: Strike ;)

Nice to hear that, both the news about continuous work on this splendid mod and about the AI. Sadly not many mods give much effort to the AI(maybe beause how hard it is and how bad vanilla one handling all the new additions). Which is a shame since challenge is one of the pillars that make the game fun(at least for some people, including me).

About movement : not sure how I feel about it yet, but gonna try to play game with it. Would it be possible to revert the movement for infantry back to 1 with changes to some unit class/category or it would require to change each unit individualy ?

thx.
hm, sry. movements have to be changed for each unit in the unitinfoXML.

Hello. I'm looking forward to playing this game. It sounds amazing. Quick question, though, about the installation of patch 3. I'm using a MAC. When I press the replace all, the interesting thing is that the size of the main game file goes down from 800+MB to 150+MB, the size of patch 3 only. So, I'm thinking that shouldn't happen, right? How do I install it correctly then? Thanks for the help in advance.

Bolivia! Olé! Proud to know someone now who plays PAE there! Great!

800 to 150. no, this is strange. The main PAE V download has all files with movies and textures. the patch 3 only has some new textures and mainly all python and xml files.
so in the end it should be a 800+ game.

perhaps it delets all files before "replacing". I don't use MAC. perhaps someone else here has a good answer for that who knows what to do?

Bolivia! Olé! Proud to know someone now who plays PAE there! Great!

800 to 150. no, this is strange. The main PAE V download has all files with movies and textures. the patch 3 only has some new textures and mainly all python and xml files.
so in the end it should be a 800+ game.

perhaps it delets all files before "replacing". I don't use MAC. perhaps someone else here has a good answer for that who knows what to do?

Wow, I get the man himself. Yes, greetings all the way from the heart of South America. Thanks for answering, Pie-at. I´m just so excited after reading about your MOD to actually play it. It just seems terrific. Thank you for working on it. I don`t know how you guys do it. I guess it is for the love of the game, huh?

Yes, please, if anyone could let me know how to not overwrite everything in the file folders on a Mac, that would be great. However, I guess I could just do it manually and replace the necessary files.

Ramkhamhaeng, that did it¡ One learns everyday. Thank you. It worked fine. Now, I'll play this mod.:)

Te recomendaría que empezases con el escenario de los diádocos. Es un escenario histórico (el momento donde Alejandro Magno muere y su imperio se divide entre sus generales) donde todas las civilizaciones y unidades están situadas. De esta manera podrás conocer todas las características que tiene de distinto este mod con respecto de otros. Muchas te sorprenderán. Después ya podrás empezar con un escenario normal, empezando desde el principio, descubriendo la caza, la pesca, etc. Y si tienes dudas mira en la pedia la parte de conceptos PAE, la mayor parte de las cosas están explicadas.

Top Bottom