Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

I'm still not sure if Revolucionarios will be able of building Citadels... For one thing, its kind of not so great to just waste a Revolucionario unit on a citadel, but then you get maaany of them. Might not do so, just like the Toqi... And yeah, General replacements are now quite a common thing, but hey, there's a lot you can do with such a unit type seriously.

Anyway, more Cuban goodies:

Spoiler ... maybe... the Map!? :

'Tis based on Pouakai's, though I made some few modifications to it.

I'm still not sure if Revolucionarios will be able of building Citadels... For one thing, its kind of not so great to just waste a Revolucionario unit on a citadel, but then you get maaany of them. Might not do so, just like the Toqi... And yeah, General replacements are now quite a common thing, but hey, there's a lot you can do with such a unit type seriously.

Anyway, more Cuban goodies:

Spoiler ... maybe... the Map!? :

'Tis based on Pouakai's, though I made some few modifications to it.

revolutionary! just like Cuba

If there happen to be any French speakers around, does this look correct at all? I don't know what the French ingame terms are, but hopefully it's not too bad (though I bet there are a bunch of stupid mistakes in there).

UA: La Demajagua
Increased combat strength on plantations. Adopting a Social Policy generates points towards Revolucionarios. Upon adopting an Ideology receive 2 Revolucionarios.
UU: Revolucionario
Replacement for Great General. May attack and defend, receiving the combat strength of the highest Infantry unit one may produce. Ignores Terrain Cost and May Move after Attacking. When inside an enemies’ territory, it puts the civilization into a turn of Anarchy.
UB: Cabildos de la Nación: Replacement for Armory. +1 GWoM slot. Receive +15 XP when the GWoM slot is filled; and may be built without other buildings.

UA: La Demajagua
Les Unités ont augmenté Force de Combat sur les plantations. L’adoption des Politiques Sociales génèrent points pour Revolucionarios. Sur l’adoption d’une idéology, gange 2 Revolucionarios.
UU: Revolucionario
Un remplacement pour le Grand General. Peuvent attaque et défendre avec la Force de Combat de la plus haut unité d'infanterie on peut produire. Ignorant le coût de terrain et peuvent se déplacer après ils attaquent. Quelle dans le territoire ennemi, ce met que civilisation dans une tour de l'anarchie.
UB: Cabildos de la Nación
Un replacement pour l’Armurerie. +1 Grande Oeuvre de Musique fente. Unités reçoivent +15 XP quand le Grande Oeuvre de Musique en fut remplie, et peuvent être construit sans l’autre bâtments.

I've taken a few liberties in it, though I need corrections :D Thanks for any help! (Also, I didn't speak to Leugi about including this, though I'll code it up if necessary. It's preparation for me getting anywhere with Spanish, take it as that. :p)

What exactly has happened with the Muisca civilization and their music? Is it no longer modular?

Ehr... nope, its still modular for me. Are you playing as Muisca? or encountered the Muisca?

Sometimes (only sometimes), the game doesn't load custom leader music when you play as the civ, it doesn't happen much, but tends to happen the first time you execute a mod... its odd, maybe its that.

I haven't played as them yet since the update, but I have jpg files which become paint.net images and instructions for installing the music.

Oh, that's just leftovers which I have forgotten to erase, thanks for telling me, will erase them soon!

In other news, I sort of managed to make Great Prophet unique units show the unique unit icon instead of the Great Prophet icon when it is born, so a Muisca update might come soon...

I have done the same for missionaries (for Tiwanaku), but for that I replace a file called ProductionPopup.lua ; can you guys check if you use any other mods that have such a file?

Oh, that's just leftovers which I have forgotten to erase, thanks for telling me, will erase them soon!

My other reason for asking was that I can't seem to find the mp3 files for the music anywhere in the mod. The defines are there, but the music seems to be missing.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it's there somewhere because I heard it. I am getting a runtime error though
Code:
[1831198.703] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Muisca Civilization (v 2)\Lua/Civilization_StartNearResource.lua:40: attempt to call global 'GetPersistentProperty' (a nil value)
[1831198.703] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Muisca Civilization (v 2)\Lua/Civilization_StartNearResource.lua.

Hmn... I used sukritact's Start Near Resource thing. If it doesn't work its not going to change gameplay much though... I'll ask him what's happening when he's back.

Hmn... I used sukritact's Start Near Resource thing. If it doesn't work its not going to change gameplay much though... I'll ask him what's happening when he's back.

Yeah, you'll need to include the NewSaveUtils and PlotIterators lua files as well. Just add them to the mod and import them to VFS.

PlotIterators.lua
NewSaveUtils.lua

Is dropbox really advertising my name now...? That's not on.

Yeah, you'll need to include the NewSaveUtils and PlotIterators lua files as well. Just add them to the mod and import them to VFS.

PlotIterators.lua
NewSaveUtils.lua

Is dropbox really advertising my name now...? That's not on.

nope, I can't see your name, I can only see mine there, so it depends on the account you're logged on

do we also need saveutils.lua?

Yup... Also did it with the Mapuche, (and Chola's Great Admiral unit)

On other news.... Decided I would rethink (once again) the Aymara. Although I liked the settler replacement, the civ overall felt quite flavourless sometimes, and tended to improve the tiles toooooo much making them quite irrespectful of land sort of (which is a nono). So here's the idea:

UA: Dualism and Reciprocity: Trade Routes established with City-States grant Food and Faith, the bonus increases with resource diversity. Having an even number of citizens increases Faith per turn on the civilization.
UU: Poncho Rojo: May be acquired by expending a citizen. Weaker than a regular musketman, but may move after attacking. Receive a combat bonus when the number of citizens within the empire is even.
UB: Apacheta: Replacement for Shrine. +50% Land trade route range and costs no maintenance. +1 Faith for every land route coming from the city the Apacheta is built.

I find the +4 faith when you have even number of citizens very strong to create religion but pretty useless later on (of course getting an easy pantheon + religion is crazy strong, which is the point) and to tell you the truth the settler is pretty weak.

Cutting it short, I like your revision of Aymara but I feel like you should make the faith bonus a percentage.

I find the +4 faith when you have even number of citizens very strong to create religion but pretty useless later on (of course getting an easy pantheon + religion is crazy strong, which is the point) and to tell you the truth the settler is pretty weak.

Cutting it short, I like your revision of Aymara but I feel like you should make the faith bonus a percentage.

But no other yield bonus in the game scales that way, plus the faith bonus is only half the UA (the other half being increased worker work rate).

Indeed, with a new trade-faith-food focuse, making it a percentage would be nice...

The increased work rate was actually very strong... however, after using/playing against the Aymara many times, I just realized it just didn't feel right for the Aymara to be improving everywhere like mad progressive men. So decided to go back to the Vertical Trade concept, but this time linked to CS.

Oh, I'll miss the Settler replacement, it's the only civ I know that replaced them, good news is, this would let me the option for a dualism themed civ free in case I ever feel like making the Diaguita. :)

Top Bottom