PBEM Playtest of AWAW

Originally posted by BKA
Yes, cities with low production are nearly impossible to build up. I made that decession because I thought that it was unrealistic that for instance Midway could massproduce infantry or ships every turn.
I think its a matter of how you perceive production in the game. Considering huge investments, forced immigration and imports, it could be a viable option, couldn't it?

You could price improvements and growth accordingly... as you already have. But with 1 shield production or so in most [pacific] isles, the war will be over by the time I have built anything worthwhile there. Then I'd rather sell out any existing improvements and spend the money on wonders in my 36+ production cities :p

Also I don't think that the resources of the Japnese cities are quite right... Japan had a HUGE population (it was the main factor governing the expansionist policies of the thirties)- in the senerio its set at 5,700,000 for ALL the cities inclusing the chinese ones but the actual population for just the CITY of Tokyo in 1932 was in excess of 6,000,000.

the figures for the japense casualties in the war was 3,187,000, and 3 -10 million people were killed under the regime in the occupied countries... plus in the South Asisian area with all of these big cities around that time there are reported to be 1000 million people living there in the thirties/forties.

I can't get you any exact figures but that proves how densely populated the cities where in that area and I know that japanese population doubled in 10 years.

Good points Morten. I will think more about them.
And yeah of cause penguins only lives in Antarctica. How could this have slipped my mind? :ack:

I guess that no country has an accurate population number Boli. But this could maybe be adjusted to make the scenario more realistic.

There's a minor graphical glitch in the forest terrains or the forest base filler (see Chicago city screen).

When the game is saved, it says something strange "C in C Patton xx" saved... and the cities celebrate the "we love the C in C" day... what is this? ........never mind, figured it out "commander in chief" or "chief in command" or something?

How do I airlift units? Pressing "1" doesn't seem to work and I can't select the order from the menu.

Can you win the game solely by building the nuclear bomb first?

Emugods turn has been canceled.

Headlines:

Peacefull assimilation of Eastern Poland and the Baltic countries continues.

Soviet research receives more funding.

Germany captures Coppenhagen, Warsaw, Riga and Kracow.

More fighting in France.

Britain is now mobilized for war (it has now invented war mobilization).

I must ask wether it is intended that we use the updated rules posted above or not?

I say we should, but that's just my opinion...

WAR

• American Pacific bases bombed, hundreds dead
  • Hong Kong garrison reduced a shadow of its former self; several Japanese destroyers damaged beyond repair now block the harbour
  • French fleet found sulking in water off Japanese islands sunk
  • Russian fleet intercepted in the North, heavy casualties on both sides
Russian, English American and French ambassadors forced to fight to the death in a public display in the Olympic stadium. Before the Russian ambassador was torn apart by wild animals he was noted to be picking a piece of the French Ambassador out of his teeth with part of the American ambassadors leg bone. Lord Boli has apparently tired of writing the word “ambassador” so he got rid of most of then except the German and Minor Axis Ambassador who he begun to call “mate”.

Asked why he resorted to such drastic measures Lord Boli replied that he had heard of the conditions his people were forced to live on in American living the “American Nightmare” as he termed it and he was going to extend the pleasure to any American citizen living in his country. He then began his morning routine of shooting dead his butler, with the antique hunting rifle he keeps by his bed.

The “games” are fully booked for the next month.

~ Boli

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! :o :o :o :o

(loud pistol shots and many dead commissars and generals)

"There will be no surrender!"
"Prepare for all-out war my Japanese friend!"
"...and bring me those crates of Vodka NOW!"

it is intended that we use the updated rules posted above or not?

I say we should, but that's just my opinion....

Yes, that was my intention. I hope you all have/will update the rules.txt. The latest modifications are not big, but fix a couple of issues, one of them making the battleships vulnerable to air attacks.

Patton tires of Japanese rhetoric... "-Empty cans rattle the most!" he was heard mumbling after issuing this weeks orders...

Patton was also heard grumbling about his predecessors unwise decision to build huge battleships in pacific naval bases uncapable of supporting them. Apparently, Patton fell into a brief state of rage, hearing the news from Hawaii that two battleships were sent home contrary to his orders, and the homeguard there sent on leave in a time of war, leaving just two cruisers supported by the Island.

"Goddammit! This is a US naval base for God's sake!", Patton said. "It's Hawaii's god damn national duty to support those ships! We are soldiers! We are officers! If people and material just go wandering of their business like they want to, how in the bloody hell can we conduct a war?"

Patton was heard also grumbling on the critical state of the polar force, which is unable to fulfill repairs on their barracks, because this will use up all available materials needed for support of the force there. Reluctantly, Patton decided to leave the Alaskan base permanently, due to the outrageous production problems there. Alaska will now be producing weapon exports, with the extraordinary profit of 1 gold.

The US officially declares war on Germany, and Japan.

WAR WITH JAPAN:

Responding to the hostilities commenced by the Japanese Navy in the Sea of Okhotsk, Soviet Naval wessels engaged a Japanese heavy cruiser sinking it after a few hours of intense battle. A Japanese Battleship was also sighted at the Kurelian Islands
becomming the first target of a Soviet submarine attack. This failed miserably.

WAR WITH GERMANY:

War with Germany has begun after a so-called friendship party at the new German- Soviet border in former Poland. The Soviet officers participating knew from the beginning that something was rotten after smelling the Saurkraut and tasting the
poor quality of German Wodka. When the party reached its peak at midnight, a drunk "German" soldier stood up, raised his glas, and saluted the "eternal" friendship between the two nations with a load "SARONAYA!".
Seing the betrayal revealed before their eyes, the brave Soviet officers raised their pistols and quickly ending the lives of Germans and Japanese alike. A courier was then hastily dispatced to Moskow where Schukow without hesitation declared war on Germany starting this with a succesfull attack on German units at Riga.

WAR WITH FINLAND:

Knowing the now revealed Axis of Germany-Japan, a preemtive strike against their ally in the North was launched by Soviet forces. Attacking Viipuri the city offered stiff resisitance in the start, but after the arrival of the Soviet Air Force, it
quikly surrendered.

Germany is saddened at the sudden turn of events globally. This has now truly become world war 2.

Lille falls in France. Brest-Litovsk in Russia.

Some fighting here and there nothing major.

Lille bombed repeatedly, at the expense of most existing british bombers. Two german units are reported to have been eliminated.

2 German uboats and one destroyer sunk in the north sea.

France has been given technological as well as financial help by britain.

Comments:

How come my bombers get shot down all the time by defending german tanks but manage to take down ME 109s without suffering a scratch?
I thought we where supposed to use the fighters to defend our bombers and cities?
Also I think bombers should stand somewhat better chances against ground troops, I was unable to do deliver more than one blow to the each german tank in the city.

Hong Kong Falls

Following an intense navel and air bombardment Hong Kong buckled and victorious Japanese troops marched victorious into the British most easterly stronghold. The Rising Sun now flies uncontested over the ruined towers of the once-thought impregnable island fortress.

Hawaii Bombed

The United states most renowned navel base was bombed today and many tonnes of shipping was destroyed, still reeling from their earlier defeat in the North Philippines the US are set to be thrown out of the Japanese cultural waters for good.

Lord Boli was known to comment: “In one year they will have to change all their flags, 49 states of America!”

Russian Engagement

Truly showing their navel superiority Japanese navel command have re[ported that they have sunk a Russian battleship desperately trying to make repairs, and while the Russian ground troops continue to advance on our northern positions Lord Boli is confident that the extensive fortification will hold.

In all a good month for the Japanese people and moral is high.

BATTLE OF PEARL HARBOR
Patton declares "JAPAN FIRST" doctrine

The US response to Japanese aggression against the primary US naval base at Hawaii, is swift and clear : full scale retaliation. In a clever maneuvre, U.S. admirals strikes back at full force at an unexpecting, scattered japanese navy.

5 japanese fighters shot down
3 japanese carriers sunk
2 japanese cruisers sunk, 1 seriously damaged
1 japanese battleship sunk
1 japanese destroyer sunk

4 additional, unidentified units hiding under cover, was destroyed during the hostilities.

Top Bottom