PH14: The Return of the King

So, how to make a war while in deficit?

First, forget the last 8 years of a certain American country ;)

Second, sell technology to backward ppl
Spoiler :

Third, cash more taxes ( read, work more money tiles )

Fourth, conquer and plunder:
Spoiler :

Sixth, get some big spenders to your land
Spoiler :

If you do this, you will acheive glory.....
Spoiler :

....and the world at your feet
Spoiler :

Talking more seriously, we are fighting well. Hatty had little power, but it had a INSANE ammount of mounted units and we suffered enough losses for WW started to show its ugly face. The pillage cash had been enough to keep us a float and I think we are recovering.

But not all is bright sky:
Spoiler :

Sal has paper ( and btw we're his worst enemy because I refused to DoW on the greeks ).

About Hatty: IMHO we don't have any reason to acept cap now. Hatty is broken and we should not let her slip. But a pause to regroup could prove useful... so, ideas?

Attachments

• PH14 AD-1130.CivBeyondSwordSave
    263.7 KB · Views: 64
Hatty only knows us and QSH... so she can only vassal to one of us. And we're the only ones that have feud in our continent for now... so hatty can only vassal to us for now.

Few turns to heal up then keep killing Hatty. Raze any marginal cities. Sally may have paper ahead of us but he ain't got philosophy.

I'm not sure whether to sign peace or not.. We don't need those 10 turns to do so, and Hatty may fortify herself. So I would go staight ahead getting her down! And I still think we should not take all of her cities! Take Memphis and Thebes and destroy the rest!!

Pindicator is not only UP but MIA (does he have pholk disease?).

Finally I managed to find the time for the report:

Everything went good so far.. I just relized that there are a GM as well as a GA in Washington and a GG in Boston.. So we need to discuss what for we wanna use them..

But the report first:
IT: Not that much to do.. I only killed a single War Chariot..

1140: We met another civ:
Spoiler :

And we jumped at the opportunity to save 2 turns on paper and 5 on calendar:
Spoiler :

But this diplo plus just lasted second, 'cause we couldn't agree to DoW the greeks as he wanted. So we're back at "cautious" with Kublai..
Nonetheless I switched to Education to go straigt for lib.. As we still have a monopoly on Phil this shouldn't be of problems..

1150: Quin and Hatty signed paece, and Kublai asked for Compass but I politely declined! :D

1170: Ones again Kublai for Compass, but this time a true deal:
Spoiler :

I accepted.

1190: Back to our war diary: Akhetaten got burned without any losses:
Spoiler :

And another GG was born in Washington!!

And here's the last one:
Spoiler :

Unfortunately he refused to trade anythink to us..

1200: Abydos got burned too and once again without loosing even a treb:
Spoiler :

1220: I'm not sure how we did, but we circled the world first.. (Take a look at the minimap above and please explain to me how we did!!!!)

1230: Our only losses this turnset: a mace to a sword at 78,4% :mad:

1240: Hatty tried to save her wonderful ass quite a funny way:
Spoiler :

Of course I defied!

1250: The resolution failed anyway.. And Memphis fell too.. (I missed to take a picture.. sorry.. :rolleyes:)

That's where I finished so far.

There's still the sword in the fog NE of memphis!! Keep an eye on him!
And I moved the GA to memphis so we could bomb him to hold off Qin to make advantage on our captures.. I didn't 'cause the team should decide on this one..

And we need to discuss what to to with the two GG and the GM as well.

As well as we need to spread Christianity like crazy, 'cause we've got control of the Nativity Church right now.

Roster:
pholkhero
rolo
pindicator >> on deck
diamond
spellcraft >> just played
pigswill >> UP NOW

Attachments

• PH14 AD-1250.CivBeyondSwordSave
    276.2 KB · Views: 68
I notice that I'm UP NOW but might be a couple of days. Got a set to play in Try03, really ought to participate actively in sgotm and I'm currently preoccupied with a noble walkthrough

Lurker comment:
The circumnavigate path doesn't have to touch; you only need to clear one tile in each column of the map grid to qualify.

Top Bottom