• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

phoenatikáánz and provincial dialects

Originally posted by disorganizer
i will update the ruleset in the first post
curufinwe: cipher? explain

A cipher is something where letters are exchanged for other letters. S doqazr pmr zolr yjod. That was where all of the letters were exchanged for the one on their right on the keyboard. But you're idea would most certainly work, I'm just a lover of cryptology and cryptanalysis.

Hehe. I think I may be too old to learn a new language, but I will try.

i also propose:
è for e
ö for o
î for i

This will make our Provinces to:
Îztár
Ámerî
Nörmándy
Ázphînxîá
Nèw Körmyr

And our Country to:
Phöènátîkán

Is this too much? I think yes. Should we leave it as proposed in the first Post?

How do u type those accenty thingies on a normal English keyboard?? I think it's a cool idea!

Originally posted by disorganizer
i also propose:
ö for o

Can you pronounce ö?. In my experiance english talking people have quite hard to pronounce........wait! youre only gonna write it anyway. Damn im stupid!

Originally posted by Zur
How do u type those accenty thingies on a normal English keyboard?? I think it's a cool idea!
Hold <ALT> and enter a 4 digit code on the numeric keypad, ie:

0244 = ô

You can find out what the codes are by looking at the "Character Map" Windows utility. If you're using a non MS operating system then I really don't know where you'd find them out, sorry!

Ja, wir haben keine Bananen!
Pass auf!
Ein Amerikaner ist es, und er kann die "o-umlaut" (ö) sprechen!
Ja, ich spreche Deutsch schlecht, aber ich bin nur am Anfang im Deutsche Eins.

Owway, izday izay eallyray upidztay. Anday ataboutwhay eezday ingiezday? Îây îndîtfây ârdhây öötây öntinuöuslycây ypetây eezdây îngîezdây îthöutwây ettingây eryvây upsetay!

Bah! Screw it all! ;)

Hold <ALT> and enter a 4 digit code on the numeric keypad, ie:

0244 = ô

You can find out what the codes are by looking at the "Character Map" Windows utility.

hmm, tried it in notepad & the forum but that didn't work. Is this for Windows 2000? The Character Map program gives the characters but doesn't seem to have the mapping of the <ALT> shortcut keys for it. Dragging & dropping each character is a bit troublesome.

I am here to present the Amerian dialect. :)

english phoenatican
a o
e u
c k (if sounding like k)
c z (if sounding like s)
f ph
s z
th d
z x
-er -r
-se -z
-ums -ra
' <leave it out>

Zo now 'Ameri' is Omuri in the Omurian diolukd!

Ond I zoll bu known oz Pluxuz!

maybe someone can setup a website with a translation-program? you should be able to:
type english or phoenatican/dialect and get a translated result. phoenatican and dialects should be selectable for translation.

How bout we change all the A's to ae's? and all the b's to be's?and all the bye's to bie's? And why were at it let's go on and shot each other. :ripper: :rocket2: :rocket: :rocket3: :ak47: :sniper: :slay: :shotgun: :suicide: :ar15:

Hard day at work, Strider?

Top Bottom