PieAncientEuropeV-Hellenic

Thank you, Arminius! :) Your leader's name sounds ... familiar :goodjob:

So it is now 4 human players only! Let's see if this would speed things up!

In the last weeks, turn cycles have been progressing rather slowly. Sometimes a problem may occur, which causes a delay. But otherwise there is really no need for a player's turn to take longer than 24 hours. I've been checking the tracker occasionally and it seems to be the same players who take a long time - often over 2 days - to play their turn. It would be great if we all tried to play our turn as soon as possible after receiving it. It only takes 10 minutes, and we'd all profit from a faster game.

I am sorry, guys. Since I started my new job two months ago, I have a whole lot of work to do and lack both time and the attention to get around to my turns, especially during the week. I'm afraid I can't promise to live up to my own proposal I made when we started the game, especially since the in-game war means that turns take more time. I'll still try to play my turns faster though, and hope you can be patient with me if I don't get to playing right away.

Well, at least you were kind enough to let us know what is going on! Any particular reasons why you won't reply to my PMs/emails?

Well, at least you were kind enough to let us know what is going on! Any particular reasons why you won't reply to my PMs/emails?

Thanks for sending me the emails! I do appreciate your effort to try to keep things going. In both cases I responded by posting in the respective threads. The reason I didn't respond to you directly was merely for lack of time.

I'll get around to playing my turn tomorrow afternoon.

Again, sorry for the inconveniences.

Epic battle ends with Pyramids and Sphinx passing under Seleucid control!

We like to thank our Ptolemeic allies for their epic struggle against the Seleucids. On account of their efforts, the Seleucid empire has plunged into disarray again.

This year we were finally able to declare war against these scoundrels, after the end of the 20 year peace treaty. And given the lack of control the Seleucids were able to achieve over their border cities, we managed to free Pella, Setia and, last but not least, Athens.

Elephants, hetairoi and liburna's alike have fallen to mighty Mars Invictus.

Furthermore, Lysimachus has switched sides, upon realizing the danger to his lands.
All in all, an excellent year for Rome!

I was counting on Lysimachus, grr.

I just played my turn, but the save file is nowhere to be found. Seems like it didn't save at all. Could this be due to the recent resignations in our game? How should I proceed?

Super strange! Resignation should simply create a file with my name, nor civ_addicted's. Did you hit the end of turn button? It had to produce something!

Yeah, i ended my turn, and it showed the events of my next turn (i.e. cities growing, a slave becoming a free citizen) as normal. But if I recall correctly, the popup window saying the savefile had been created in my pbem folder didn't appear, and indeed it didn't.

EDIT: Just saw your email. I'll have to play my turn again then, I'll get to it tomorrow. Hope it works!

Guys last turn it showed to me that I will experience 32(!) turns of Anarchy! This is on top of the 2-turn revolt after Antioch was killed. I am not sure if this is a bug or some kind of game feature triggered by some events that everybody can experience, in principle. I have posted a question to the author, so turn will be on hold until he clarifies the situation.

Ok, we finally have an answer:

oh sorry, for the delay, I forgot to answer yesterday...

oh, just looked into the code. this seems to be bad settings. do you have 32 cities?
I will change that heavy calculation in the version. sorry!
Reload again and try not to use your general unit.

... and here is a solution I can think of. Yes, I have 32 cities, and game triggers "Revolution has begun" after I hit the end of my previous turn 259 BC. However if I place myself in anarchy myself (by changing civic, 2 turns of anarchy) -- game does not force me into 32 turns of anarchy, and things look like they will be going back to normal after 2 legitimate turns of looting and debauchery (during which I still loose buildings).

I understand that much has happened during the turn 259 AD but replaying one turn is a better alternative than us facing "bad setting". Or going back even more and preserving my great general. As for the fix (which I did not see yet) -- we need to be very cautious here. In PBEM game I would rather not to change files in mid-game. New Patch 3 is out, I am sure it will have all the fixes and we can even start new game in future. As for this game -- be aware of this issue, I think has random element in it, because we all have lost generals before and apart from regular 1-2 turns of revolts nothing much happened to our empires.

Waiting for everybody to chime in.

Could you please post here the entire letter you wrote to pie_at and his entire answer?

Replaying with you having prior knowledge can have a massive impact on the game:
> as Lysimachus broke free from you
> as you lost multiple ships
> as you lost 3 cities

I propose you promise to replay your turns the same (within reason) as you played them before.
There is no reason why army locations and ship locations shouldn't be the same.

Could you please post here the entire letter you wrote to pie_at and his entire answer?

Replaying with you having prior knowledge would have a massive impact on the game:
> as Lysimachus broke free from you
> as you lost multiple ships
> as you lost 3 cities
> and a great general

You just click on the quote and it will show you our communication. I did not send him any emails, all in PAE thread!

I know about impact. I will play my game in the same manner as before (with few unintentional discrepancies). I knew the war was coming, so there is nothing extra I could possibly do to avoid/counter your invasion. I am not sure about how RNG will favor you this time -- but I simply do not have even more troops available to defend those cities -- everyone is in Egypt as you can sense :) I will not hire any defenders in those cities with money, I am in anarchy and cannot rush units anyway, on your end you will get more or less the same situation if it has to do with me.

And GG was lost a turn before.

Probably you missed this last line:

I propose you promise to replay your turns the same (within reason) as you played them before.
There is no reason why army locations and ship locations shouldn't be the same.

Army locations:
* 4 units in Athens and 2 non-combat
* 2 units Pella
* Hetairoi and shield bearer on lead mine (near Methoni)
* Elephant on swampy hill (near Methoni)
* 3 damaged units in Methoni

Ship locations:
* 1 liburna NW of Rhodes
* 1 galley SE of Athens

Top Bottom