[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
I managed to fix the problem (dds splash files needs to be compressed in f.e. Gimp I use), so
v0.3 is ready to use and test. Waiting for your feedback folks! 9 new wonders awaits!
Any changes are on 1st post of the thread.

I also post current plan for calssical wonders and current distribution.

Attachments

• (build) More Wonders for VP (v0.3).zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 347
  • Wonder Distribution.png
    Wonder Distribution.png
    45 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
Any suggestion about what religious buildings (holy sites) can be listed? Originally there were:
  • Borobudur - Buddhism
  • Hagia Sophia - Christianity/Islam
  • Al Masjid an-Nabawi - Islam
  • Solomon's Temple - Judaism
Solomon's Temple is cut, so I wanted to put other one in place (maybe even two). I thought about Malwiya Minaret or Schwedagon Pagoda, but both ar buddhist holy sites. I looked for Catholic one, but St Peters Basilicca is renaissance, Milano Cathedral was started in medieval, but finished in 1988, and there is no one built in classical or medieval to compare with them. As a fifth I fought about Hinduist temple. @pineappledan Do you have knowledge in that?

An Ainu temple dedicated to mount Daisetsuzan (Kamui Mintara in Ainu language)
Forest/Tundra or Deers/Tundra or harder mountain/tundra
:c5food: Food on camps, :c5faith: Faith on mountains, an animist-sounding wonder.
I like it, but it was built in 1990. I would like to add something in classical/medieval era.

Also looking for classical wonder different from Greece/Turkey/Mesopotamia/China/Egypt

Last edited:
Mamallapuram is a 7th century stone-cut temple complex in Tamil Nadu (no wonders from the Southern Provinces of India yet). Could be worth looking into.
Another possibility is Hampi, the ruins of the capital of the Vijayanaygara empire, or any of the temples there.

Problem with Jewish wonders is that they dont exist :p None of the old synagogues are particularly impressive, imo. The reason we added Solomon's temple in the first place is we couldn't think of any other Jewish sites worthy of being world wonders. Between their Roman exile from Jerusalem and the Jewish exodus from Arab-controlled countries in the 60s and 70s, all the oldest jewish religious sites have been demolished. Maybe the El Ghriba Synagogue?

Last edited:
And what about catholic one? Do you know any of that period?

Intead of Catholic, why not try to add another denomination? There's only 2 Orthodox wonders (currently St. Basil's Cathedral and Hagia Sophia).

The Etchmiadzin Cathedral is the oldest Cathedral in the world. It's a unique denomination (Armenian Apostolic), and it was built by Tiridates III, the first ruler and nation to convert to Christianity, in 303 AD.

I made some early plan for classical:
  • Mahabalipuram Temple (India) at Sailing /Flat, Coast/
  • Malwiya Minaret (Iraq) at Mathematics /Flat, Stone Works/
  • Buddhas of Bamyan (Afghanistan) at Masonry /next to Mountain, not Grass/
  • Etchmiadzin Cathedral (Armenia) at Philosophy /Grass, Forest/
  • Golden Dagon Pagoda (Myanmar) at Philosophy /Flat, Gold/
  • Chand Baori (India) at Engineering /Desert, not Water/
And all of them are Asian. Huh, any substitution? I also would like to avoid another religious wonder. I also made a plan for Holy Site wonders:
Code:
--============================================--
-- RELIGIOUS WONDERS (MUST BE BUILT IN HOLY CITY)
--============================================--
-- Borobudur - Buddhism - Early Medieval
-- Hagia Sophia - Orthodox/Islam - Early Medieval
-- Al Masjid an-Nabawi - Islam - Early Medieval
-- Cathedral of St. Basil - Orthodox - Early Medieval
-- St Peter's Basilica - Catholic - Early Renaissance
-- El Ghriba - Judaism - Late Classical

I fought also about Danevirke, but it looks weak comparing to Great Wall.

Attachments

• Wonder Distribution.png
    Wonder Distribution.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
The El Ghriba mosque was originally built in the 2nd or 3rd century. Why would it be modern?

Maybe the Gate of the Sun at Tiwanaku?

I was misslead by the polish wiki and checked english one: "The synagogue was built at the end of the 19th century at the spot where the 6th century building had been."

New "vision":
  • [HOLY] El Ghriba (Tunisia) at Sailing/Drama? /Flat, Coast/
  • Malwiya Minaret (Iraq) at Mathematics /Flat, Stone Works/
  • Buddhas of Bamyan (Afghanistan) at Masonry /next to Mountain, not Grass/
  • Gate of the Sun (Bolivia) at Masonry /Lake, Mountain in range/
  • Etchmiadzin Cathedral (Armenia) at Philosophy /Grass, Forest/
  • Chand Baori (India) at Engineering /Desert, not Water/
And moved to medieval:
  • Golden Dagon Pagoda (Myanmar) at Guilds /Flat, Gold/

Last edited:
Maybe Renaissance era: Solovetsky Monastery - tundra, sea.
Smth like Mont-Saint-Michelle: say, +1 food to sea tiles, +1 production to tundra tiles, +1 gold to resource tiles; defense, faith, tourism with Flight.

Here are some suggestions for wonders The Old Bridge in Mostar(400 year old stone bridge that connects 2 river sides-can only be build on river and the city needs to have stone quarry). Yields : 1 engineer point,units gain amphibious promotion for free.

@Gazebo Sorry to bother you, but I need help. I want to make wonder that require mine in city borders. I do check in lua using CityCanConstruct GameEvent and it works, but... I would like to create something working like:
  • if in the city cannot be built any mine, DON'T SHOW WONDER,
  • if city has resource that can have mine on it, but there's no mine currently in the borders, SHOW WONDER, BUT BLOCK IT, like in the picture "terracota_grayed",
  • if city has mine in borders, SHOW WONDER, AND ALLOW TO BUILD, like in the picture "terracota_full".
Now it is only "Don't show"/"Show and can build".
Such an effect is currently aquired, when you lack policies or do not have improvement on resource using "Building_LocalResourceOrs" function.

How can I program such an effect using lua code? Or maybe I missed sql table?

Attachments

• terracota_grayed.png
    terracota_grayed.png
    239.7 KB · Views: 54
  • terracota_full.png
    terracota_full.png
    252.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
@Asterix Rage I'm looking for a talented artist who can make better visuals than me. This mod need wonder icons and splash screens for few new wonders added. Will you support me in that matter? My works are not the most beautiful art in the world :(

On Github currently v0.3.5 with 3 new classical wonders to test (Malwiya Minaret, Gate of the Sun and Buddha of the Bamyan).

@maxf I really like your wonder. There are not so much tundra wonders and this one is renaissance! I will surely put it into mod.
@Drakul Nice to see wonder that is not church/mosque/pagoda/choose_another_religious_building :) I will try to incorporate it into mod.

Last edited:
I had a wonder for a corporations modmod i was working on using https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=254059758
Somewhere around Penicilin (care: in-code spelling :D), I had it do:
Provides 1 additional Delegate in the World Congress for every 8 City-States in the game. Gain 1 additional Trade Route. Trade Routes to this City generate +5 :c5gold:Gold.
All Corporate Franchises in the Empire yield +5 :c5gold: Gold and +2 :tourism: Tourism.

Feel free to steal that idea. Maybe there are other things that could interact with Corporations?

@hokath I will look into it. Thanks! Are those icons and pictures yours? I need some help in that matter as you probably saw...

@adan_eslavo
I made my version of Solovetsky Monastery, see in attach (it old version of your mod, btw, so you can only take art and text related to this wonder). I think we need some methods to point all resource or all luxury tiles in city without listing all resources one by one :)
So if you want you can change smth or move this wonder to another tech.
I think good idea to make it uncompatible with Mont-Saint-Michel.

Attachments

• (9) Wonders Expanded (v 2.0).rar
    8.5 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Ok, thanks. I'm now still in classical with one in medieval so it will take some time until I reach this wonder.
You can do this easily in lua, but UI will not show it (only help text will). Check github of this mod and look into UniqueWonderRequirements. I did something similar for resources requiring mine on it.

Are those icons and pictures yours? I need some help in that matter as you probably saw...
No, that link is to a pre-existing mod (to which I didn't receive a reply about using the assets).
Making passable icons is not so hard, I could make some for you if you need.
Of course, for really pretty stuff you have to get hold of proper artists :)

Top Bottom