Poll: Poll: What form of money do you use?

What forms of money do you use?

• Cash

Votes: 65 60.2%
  • Credit Card

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Debit Card

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • Checks

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Wire Transfers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gift cards only!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Money? I just barter.

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

Quintillus

Archiving Civ3 Content
Supporter
As in, to pay for stuff.

It's cash-only for me. Archaic, yes, but it works well enough for me.

(poll coming)

edit: Rats, forgot the multiple-choice part. Well, let's make this what form you pay with most often, then.

Cash, as I don't have any credit cards as of now.

from most often used to least often used:

1. debit card
2. credit card
3. cash
4. check

Ca$h for me.

Used cash exclusively for ten years, then came back to teh US for an extended visit this summer, and realised that you can use a card virtually everywhere. In the month of june I soent exactly one dollar in cash, chipping in for beer, other wise every single purchase went on the credit card.

Pay in full every month, as I do, and you know what VISA calls you? A deadbeat.

I use my bank card to withdraw money on a regular basis, since it is a nice way of keeping track of how much money you are spending without having to check your bank account every five minutes.

Debit Card.

What I pay with it is withdrawn from my bank account at the end of the month.

I use cash only to buy small things, or when going to the local market.

And check on exceptionnal basis, like when going to the doctor, or when I buy the ticket for the office restaurant.

Debit cards, cheques and wire transfers are not forms of money, they are means of transferring money. A credit card is a form of borrowing. Not sure about gift cards.

I tend to use cash out of the ones in the poll, though, but I don't spend much money. At university I'll probably end up using a few standing orders and a debit card, but I've heard too many bad things about credit cards to particularly want one of those. You can make credit cards work for you, if you're skillful with your repayments, but I'd rather not if I can get away with it.

To steal Fifty's formatting:

1. Debit card
2. Check
3. Cash
4. Credit card

I try to keep my credit cards with a zero balance and use them sparingly, with the exception of my Shell card, which I use for all (well, most) of my gas purchases. Sorry, Casey's, but you lost me. :blush:

Debit Card.

What I pay with it is withdrawn from my bank account at the end of the month.
Interesting. Over here, debit purchases are usually immediately withdrawn from the bank.

I tend to use cash for small purchases up to around £30 or so. In a shop I'd use a debit card for anything above that. I use my credit card online. Cheques I only use for transfering quite large sums to a private person for whatever reason.

Interesting. Over here, debit purchases are usually immediately withdrawn from the bank.
Our system is very convenient. This way, when I travel abroad for the office, and I need to pay the hotel or restaurant, I pay with my card, knowing it will be withdrawn later, and when I come back I get a refund from the company before it was actually withdrawn from my account.

Cold hard cash. Hate getting into debt.

Cash, unfortunately. Japan has been slow to catch on with the move away from cash (and yet really really fast at catching on to everything else consumer related). Back in England I always avoided cash.

I have a card similar to Steph where it's a delayed debit/ATM card. This comes in handy when I rent a car since they won't take debit cards. This is my primary source of funds but I always carry cash.

1. cash
2. debit card
3. credit card (rarely)

Top Bottom